corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa B 1.0 Build Up X16XE - Coilovers fitted and Billing pics

New Poll
  <<  61    62    63    64    65    66    67  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa B 1.0 Build Up X16XE - Coilovers fitted and Billing pics
AlexW

User status: Offline
23rd Jun 10 at 11:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

LMFAO
shaunmods
Premium Member

23rd Jun 10 at 11:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks for your support

Why oh why did I sell my 106! I'm too lazy to walk
AlexW

23rd Jun 10 at 11:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol Convinced your dad to rebuild the engine yet?
shaunmods
Premium Member

23rd Jun 10 at 11:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AW06
lol Convinced your dad to rebuild the engine yet?

Not as yet. Still trying to sweet talk him round but its not working
AlexW

23rd Jun 10 at 11:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Buy all the bits and then just have the engine fall out
Daveskater
Premium Member

23rd Jun 10 at 19:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh dear

So what's that ring for?

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
NovalutionGSi

23rd Jun 10 at 19:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Soooo how manys that Shaun?? Pothole, Smokey XE and now this..... your due some luck mate!
Jamie-C

23rd Jun 10 at 20:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by NovalutionGSi
Soooo how manys that Shaun?? Pothole, Smokey XE and now this..... your due some luck mate!
Don't forget the 3? crashes
shaunmods
Premium Member

23rd Jun 10 at 20:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Daveskater
Oh dear

So what's that ring for?

Its part of the tripod joint from inside the CV

After having a look in the Haynes manual its seems the 1.0 drive shafts are different to the rest of the range. So they might not have been able to take the extra power maybe? Or it could have been half knackered already.

I know what you guys mean about my bad luck lol. I thought I'd seen the end of it after having 4 crashes in my first year of driving but its keeps on coming
NovalutionGSi

24th Jun 10 at 06:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ahh yeh forgot the crashes! i think you need to find another runabout car, take all your bad luck out on that and hopefully the Corsa will live on and on and on!

As for the 1ltr Drive sharfts..... i would expect them to be rated to be suitable to the BHP of the 1ltr not a slightly uprated X16XE! Sport/GSi Driveshafts FTW!
AlexW

24th Jun 10 at 11:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Seems funny that the 1.0 shafts are different, they all look the same from memory. Nova 1.0 shafts (Less power than 12v) are the same as 1.6 shafts
shaunmods
Premium Member

24th Jun 10 at 11:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by NovalutionGSi
Ahh yeh forgot the crashes! i think you need to find another runabout car, take all your bad luck out on that and hopefully the Corsa will live on and on and on!

As for the 1ltr Drive sharfts..... i would expect them to be rated to be suitable to the BHP of the 1ltr not a slightly uprated X16XE! Sport/GSi Driveshafts FTW!

I can't afford to run two cars at the minute Adam which is why the 106 had to go. Its not too bad that the Corsas off the road again at the minute though as I've finished college now so I would only use it to drive to work anyway. I probably do about 20 miles a week in it now at most lol.

definitely uprating the driveshafts though! I'll try and get a photo of the nice hole that O ring made when I have a look at the weekend
shaunmods
Premium Member

24th Jun 10 at 11:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AW06
Seems funny that the 1.0 shafts are different, they all look the same from memory. Nova 1.0 shafts (Less power than 12v) are the same as 1.6 shafts

Just going by what the haynes manual says dude. Its says they are a different design to the rest They've gotta be changed anyway so I might as well go for some sport ones while I'm doing it
AlexW

24th Jun 10 at 11:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

suppose, ive got some here too lol
12valver

24th Jun 10 at 16:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh dear, atleast its an easy fix though. Yeah 1.0 shafts are definately different they look very thin in comparison, all the others i believe are identical though...
moffat

26th Jun 10 at 12:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just read every page great work mate car looks stunning
shaunmods
Premium Member

3rd Jul 10 at 19:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its back on the road again woop!

Its been sat on my garden for nearly two weeks while I collected the parts to fix it. Rather than just sorting the CV on the 1.0 shafts I decided to completely change both drive shafts for 16v ones just to be on the safe side. Two drive shafts from a sport cropped up on ebay so I quickly snapped those up as they were only in kidderminster

One of the boots has a slight leak on it so I bought a brand new GM boot for it to make sure it was 100% sound. Only cost me £7 posted!

New boot fitted onto the new shaft

Then I gave the shafts a fresh coat of black paint so they looked nice and fresh. Lee will approve as it means no more white over spray that was on the old ones

So now I had all the bits I went to move the car into the back garden to get to work on it. Then I remembered I didn't have the splitter on it when I parked it in there before. Would it go down the slope...would it feck Oh the joys of having a lowered car! So out come my makeshift ramps

Today me and my dad swapped the shafts over. Didn't take too long at all luckily Where the joint had gone it had make a right mess of my nice clean engine bay So we spent some time cleaning everything up so it was all spotless again.

Finally some pics of the old drive shaft

I thought the ring had come through the boot but it pulled the end of the shaft off At least I done a proper job of destroying it

Planning to go out either tomorrow or monday to take some nice photos of it. I've only got the ones from pvs since its been back on the road so expect another update soon
AlexW

3rd Jul 10 at 21:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That is proper CV breakage.

Still smoking bad?
thegsi

4th Jul 10 at 10:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Make sure you secure all your circlips etc. properly Shaun. Double check it all mate.
shaunmods
Premium Member

18th Jul 10 at 19:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thought I'd update this

Well lately I've been getting more and more depressed about the corsa. I decided to give the engine some restore treatment along with a fresh oil change to see if that help it out for the time being. After speaking to GregGsi at PVS he recommended trying mineral oil in it but unfortunately neither made any difference. I've been driving it a lot this last week to try and get some enjoyment out of it and to put some miles on it, but ever time I drove it it just felt like a massive kick in the balls Just felt like I couldn't enjoy the car how I wanted to. I'm currently driving it like a granny to reduce the smoke and hopefully make it last a bit longer.

I took it out on Tuesday and again just felt a massive disappointment! I was so pissed off with it I started looking at new cars with the intention of cutting my losses and breaking it. I'd then priced up all the parts to sell and got hunting for potential new cars. This was still the plan until this morning. I decided to give it a damn good clean for todays CS west midlands meet. While doing it I had a good chat with my dad about what we planned to do with the car. My dad then said to me ok, if you want to split it we will put in it the garden, completely strip it down to a shell, sell all the wanted bits and either scrap it hole or cut it up in pieces to weigh in. At this point it hit me what I was actually considering to do and how much I actually love this car and how much I would miss it if it went nearly shed a tear lol. I think my dad new once I'd taken on board what I was thinking I'd realise how much I'd regret doing it.

I took the car to the meet today and enjoyed driving it for the first time in a while I had a really nice drive down to star city, I didn't get involved in the little races going on unfortunately because of the smoke but still had great fun. Gave it some stick on the way home without worrying about the smoke and remembered what it is I love about it I was kidding myself thinking I was going to be able to split it. I've spent thousands on the car along with a stupid amount of time making it how it is. To give up on it now would be madness. I'm determined now to get it how I want it

Another thing that was annoying the hell out of me was the exhaust which was rattling on the rear bumper. Drove me bloody mad lol. So off came the airdam for a while and on went my old crash damaged bumper. God this brought bad some bad memories!

The airdam exhaust recess was then modified to give extra space for the zorst

Finally I'll leave you with some photos I took of it today at the meet

Really can't wait to get the engine sorted now so I can start enjoying it properly again. Plenty more plans for it as well

[Edited on 19-07-2010 by shaunmods]
FAZ
Premium Member

18th Jul 10 at 19:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

f*ck me hw clean is seans car!

both looking very very nice!

dont gve up on it mate, looks amazing!
shaunmods
Premium Member

18th Jul 10 at 19:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by FAZ
f*ck me hw clean is seans car!

both looking very very nice!

dont gve up on it mate, looks amazing!

Check the thread in GC mate for more pics of Seans The paintwork was stupidly shiny!

[Edited on 18-07-2010 by shaunmods]
AlexW

18th Jul 10 at 19:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Knew you wouldnt break this.

So what you doing, rebuilding the engine or buying another one? Shame your not nearer to me bud, got the ideal setup for you.
shaunmods
Premium Member

18th Jul 10 at 19:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I couldn't bring myself to do it Alex, it just wouldn't be the same without my little partner in crime

I think the plan is going to be another x16xe and rebuild that one. That way I can still use the car to get to work etc for the time being and then swap it over in a long weekend when its ready.

Also my bloody CV boot has gone...again god damn it! Ahh well at least it keeps me busy lol!
AlexW

18th Jul 10 at 19:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds ideal, Come on msn? Got something else that might interest you.

<<  61    62    63    64    65    66    67  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa B 1.0 Build Up X16XE - Coilovers fitted and Billing pics 24 database queries in 0.1195159 seconds