corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » The VX220 Project! - Garage Update- Pics and Vids

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The VX220 Project! - Garage Update- Pics and Vids
Seany

User status: Offline
5th Jan 08 at 11:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

love this car
chris_uk
Premium Member

5th Jan 08 at 14:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by FlamingCorsa
i miss my vx220, have the coloiovers made much difference to handling, which ones did u go for??

looks stunning lowered!!!! and all other bits u done, brave taking lights apart, shows how well the 220 is put together.......hehe

yea just a blob of glue here and blob there...

the handling now is amazing, when you weaved side the side the sides of the car would lift slightly,, now it doesnt it just stays perfectly flat..

also when you booted it with standard susp the back end dropped.. now it doesnt drop at all, it just lunges forwards.
chris_uk
Premium Member

22nd Jan 08 at 23:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

New Update

water got into the spark plugs so i made a ingress kit not pretty i know i will be getting some stainless steel ones sorted.

The whole reason for all of this was because when i changed the radiator months ago the jubelee clip shredded itsself so i had to sort that out and get some new coolant in.

clam finally off!

this is the part that wasnt connected propperly

what a state!

as the coolant was running in i cleaned the front wheels

and cleaned under the front bonnet.

put everything back together and gave a good polish!

pics taken on N95
Adam_B

23rd Jan 08 at 00:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do you have the upgraded rad on it?
chris_uk
Premium Member

23rd Jan 08 at 00:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yea, the elise motorsport one. £250 i think i paid
chris_uk
Premium Member

24th Feb 08 at 22:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they were red, but i didnt like them so im going to paint them black with yellow text.. but i had to clean all the paint off and clean them up in general.

here are some pics.
what they used to look like (this was when i first did them so they look ok)

Scratching al lthe paint off with a screwdriver and steel wire brush

Got it looking something like here

I took out all the bolts and took the paint off, and polished them up

And finished
Chris C

24th Feb 08 at 22:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Love your car mate, always so nice and clean. Good work
chris_uk
Premium Member

29th Feb 08 at 12:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers m8.

im just in the process now of sourcing stuff for the brake ducts. i had abit of brake fade.. was abit scarey..

im looking to get them black with the AP ogo in yellow with all the chromey bits still on show. with nice new bolts.
chris_uk
Premium Member

1st Mar 08 at 14:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

rite, im getting new discs all round with pads etc etc,, probably next month now since i just bought a load of other stuff..

but i had to take the rears of to finish cleaning the calipers of rust.

i read that someone had done this so i thought i would post it and add pics.. just so ppl can see it..

im abit 50/50 on it, probably looks abit 'chav' but it looks better than rust.

Front, very dirty i know

Rears

general

hopefully i can get some of these discs
http://www.roadraceengineering.com/evo/par..._powerslots.jpg

i did think the 4pots would look good but thats all they would be there for. looks as i dont do any trackdays.. yet.
chris_uk
Premium Member

8th Mar 08 at 14:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well i decided to paint the suspension today, and the calipers are now black.. started at 9ma. this is how i got on

first things first.. clean ish from the other day

with the wheel off this is how it looked.

disc and caliper removed

all masked up

painted, 2 coats of temp paint, 1 coat of jet black 1 laquer coat.

pulled masking off and left to dry

disc and caliper back on. (yes i know there is paint on my disc, i went for a quick black and now there is none.

coilover back into place.

for those wondering what the red is, its to protect the thread from getting shite in it.. they were a STATE! before i touhed them

good day all in all.. did both sides at the same time, jsut dont have pics of the other sides apart fromt he blue coilover.
Robbo

8th Mar 08 at 15:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking smart as ever
chris_uk
Premium Member

18th Mar 08 at 15:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

New update from 18-MAR-08

Ok so do you remember that water ingress plate i made up.. well ive painted it, still looks shocking but ist doing a job at the min, quite succesfully.

then

now

and i bought new brakes for the front,

Hi Spec 325mm discs

chris_uk
Premium Member

18th Mar 08 at 20:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im in the process of making a website with all this in now.. hopefully it should contain more pics more often.
Robbo

18th Mar 08 at 21:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

20th Mar 08 at 08:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

very cool chris
chris_uk
Premium Member

21st Mar 08 at 15:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

another update.. this time on the interior..

i am fed up of the tacky plastic look of the silver interior.. some of it is brushed ali so nothing i can do about that.. but the plastic bits are getting painted.

here is the work so far

and now

they are very smooth.

and i gave it a polish

[Edited on 26-03-2008 by chris_uk]
chris_uk
Premium Member

24th Mar 08 at 00:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

website updated again, more progress threads made
chris_uk
Premium Member

26th Mar 08 at 11:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

new update

more on website done aswell

chris_uk
Premium Member

5th May 08 at 17:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

website updated again
Robbo

5th May 08 at 17:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lookign fab as always
Charlton

5th May 08 at 19:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks very clean those disks look huge.
xa0s
Banned

7th Nov 08 at 14:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just read through this -- very smart motor... Love it.
chris_uk
Premium Member

11th Feb 09 at 17:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1st December 2008

Heater Fix

When I first got the car back in April 07 the heater was poor, it blew lots of air so demisting wasn't a problem, the problem came when you tried to get some heat into your frost bitten fingers!. After reading the forums for a little bit the heater just seemed to be a known problem, either the heater matrix has packed in or the tubing had come dislodged etc. I came to the conclusion that my matrix was dead, so I left it.. I had to survive the winter days/nights with 30 jumpers 1,000,000 socks and a woolly hat. After the heater knob got stuck and I had a look under the bonnet to see why I couldn't turn it to hot, I noticed that the lever wasn't where it was supposed to be.. moved it over and I got hot air! it gets that hot now you start to sweat and strip (James May anyone!)

This is a picture of the lever in question.

Astra Engine Cover

I got this cover as a permanent solution to the temporary one here.

Some things bothered me with this cover, although it does act as a brilliant water ingress cover some questions popped up on the forum about heat temps and air flows etc.. coincidentally these are the same ones that I was asking myself. To answer these I could only do one thing.. and that was put it on and monitor the heat temps.

Sunstrip

Well what can I tell you about this.. well if you have driven a vx220 in the glaring sun you will of noticed there are no sun visors.. so I had to improvise, at the moment this is a temporary solution, I'm not that happy with the external look of it, I think its a bit 'chav' but it does server a purpose, and it serves it very well, so at the moment its staying.

This is from the inside

From the outside

Leathered Interior

The interior of the vx220 is very very basic, lots of bare aluminium and metal, personally I don't mind this look for track prepped cars, they have to worry about weight and not to much on comfort. Myself on the other hand, I like a bit of comfort, and other than that it also helps to keep the heat in and the noise out.

I don't have any progress shots but I do have some low quality finished pics.

2nd December 2008

TMS Carbon Splitter

I had the Seat Leon splitter up to now, and I got it mainly because of aesthetics, I wasn't keen on the front end of the n/a, looks very boring to me so I got the Leon one and was happy with the appearance.

When I was driving round the track at higher speeds '100+' I noticed the steering began to go very light and was very uneasy, it didn't give much confidence at all driving at the higher speeds..

I read up about the TMS one, which is made of carbon fibre and it has proved to give better downforce than the turbo splitters do, they also run this on their 2.2 race car. I managed to source one for cheap and fitted it without any problems at all.

The fit was very straight forward, the only hard part was lining the splitter up with the front clam, but was easily done.

Here are some pics.

5th February 2009

Piper 4-1 Manifold, 2.5" Downpipe and 200cell cat

I fancied abit of a change with the manifold side of things, since i did the inlet, i thought it would now be a good idea to explore the exhaust part of the engine..

Piper were kind enough to develop a new 4-1 manifold for the VX and a downpipe that has a better flow rate than that of the standard one, and coupled with the 200cell cat, its just better all round.

here is a picture of the items

downpipe

manifold

with the system being stainless steel it also weighs a lot less than that of the standard cast manifold..

these two items alone are proven to produce about 15bhp.

11th February 2009

Carbon Fibre Dash

I got this carbon dash to replace my standard item, doesnt give any weight saving, well maybe 1 or 2 grams but thats all, plus it does look much better.

[Edited on 11-02-2009 by chris_uk]

[Edited on 25-02-2009 by chris_uk]
Nick-S

11th Feb 09 at 17:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i realy realy love that car
chris_uk
Premium Member

12th Feb 09 at 15:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers m8.. will be much better when its finished

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » The VX220 Project! - Garage Update- Pics and Vids 23 database queries in 0.1106009 seconds