corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » The VX220 Project! - Garage Update- Pics and Vids

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5    6    7    8  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The VX220 Project! - Garage Update- Pics and Vids
chris_uk
Premium Member

User status: Offline
3rd Sep 09 at 20:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

3rd September 2009

Tullet 2.5" Equal Length Manifold

well i decided that i would buy a different exhaust manifold on tuesday, so i ordered it and it will get delivered tomorrow 9am..

so i had this one

to this one

AndyCorsaSport

4th Sep 09 at 19:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Were you getting it mapped tonight Chris?? What power it make? Was down there helping my mate put the supercharged 172 back together, that was my silver C parked up.
chris_uk
Premium Member

4th Sep 09 at 19:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh rite, yea i was mate

it got 163.0 standard with no map on, but these ecu's are terrible to crack.

paul managed to get the info from the ecu so he has modified the fueling map, but hasnt touched the advancing or the limiter etc yet.

hopefully it should be near 180 when mapped.
AndyCorsaSport

5th Sep 09 at 08:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ahh right, what are they standard? That clio of my mates made 247bhp lol
chris_uk
Premium Member

5th Sep 09 at 15:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine was 140
chris_uk
Premium Member

8th Nov 09 at 14:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

30th October 2009

Spitfire Toe Link Kit

I recently bought Spitfire's upgraded toe links for a couple of reasons the main ones being;

1. The original toe links dried out with it being in close proximity to the exhaust.
2. The threads on the originals were prone to snapping while using road slicks / heavy track day use.

This is a picture of the Spitfire kit

Just to elaborate on the 2 point above.

1. The standard units (here) were very susceptible to heat from the exhaust, which caused the inners of the ball joints to dry out which in turn created a knocking/clunking noise after the car had warmed up. This happened to me twice, while not technically that dangerous it became very annoying.

2. The original parts were fine for use with standard tyres, but when coupled with R888's, AO48's or similar it created stress on the threads, and you can see from the picture that the threads on the standard units are not really that thick. I recently watched a youtube video showing what happens when the tie rods do snap at speed, and its probably the main reason why I decided to get the kit ordered and installed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqKqJLU6pj4

I fitted the kit within 6 hours, the fitment was fairly straight forward, the major time consuming things were getting the diffuser off, taking the old tie rods out etc. When you fit the kit you will have to drill the chassis (4 holes each side) this was fairly easy on the drivers side but I had to remove the down pipe to drill the passenger side.

Original Kit

New Kit

chris_uk
Premium Member

8th Nov 09 at 14:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

30th October 2009

ScanGaugeII

The ScanGuage II is a clever piece of kit which does many jobs from reading your OBDII port.

I got this device as I could leave it plugged into the car and monitor certain aspects of the car while I drive, it also has a handy fault code reader built in, so no more breaking my back trying to plug the code reader in.

There is so much I can say on this but the best thing to do would be to list certain aspects that I like about it and link you to the scangauge site so you can read all the info for yourself.

The parts I like about the scangauge is I can monitor my real time MPG and Distance left in Miles, other things that are quite handy is the trip computer that monitors things like max revs, speed, mpg etc.. for example I could set it to zero, take it to a garage and see if they took it out without me knowing..

chris_uk
Premium Member

22nd Dec 09 at 17:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

22 December 2009

Flywheel, Bushes, Hubs etc

z22se fuel filter

full set autobush bushes

3x new hubs

altenator belt

lightweight flywheel

still waiting on the clutch cylinder and the lightweight pulley, then its off to get fitted

cant wait
chris_uk
Premium Member

27th Dec 09 at 09:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

flywheel weighs in at 4.2kg !
marklawton

27th Dec 09 at 09:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cracking car mate, keep the good work up
chris_uk
Premium Member

3rd May 10 at 09:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this is the list i did on excel, to list parts and costs of everything i needed for the conversion

ianofbhills

3rd May 10 at 17:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You getting the charger stuff from courtenays or are you sourcing it yourself from the states?
chris_uk
Premium Member

4th May 10 at 16:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

all coming from courtenays bar the throttle body and altenator.

hopefully it should be here soon..

i have nearly 4.5 weeks till france.. do i do it before ? or after!"

lol

chris_uk
Premium Member

24th May 10 at 12:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im planning on making a seperate build thread on the supercharger installation, hopefully lots and lots of pics and good info for you all.

So i came home today to find 2 massive boxes!

1 had the big chargecooler and pipework, the other all the bits you are about to see.

Here is a group pic of pretty much everything

1. -

2. - Gromits for charge cooler pipes

3. - Gasket from intake manifold to block

4. - charge cooler pipe clips

5. - Assortment of bolts

6. - Bolts

7. - Bracket

8. - Cover

9. - Intake manifold bracket

10. - assortment of j-clips

11. - s/c belt (1270)

12. - Fused relay

13. - push fittings

14. - assortment of wiring

15. - wire sleeving and intake pipe

16. - Fabric tape

17. - 90deg Pipes

18. - x4 Injector plugs

19. - Injectors

20. - Intake pipe

21. - Temp sensor

22. - Tensioner

23. - Map Sensor

24. - Intake Manifold

25. - Duel Pass Mod

26. - Supercharger

27. - Supercharger

28. - Bosch PDA 12V water pump (with plug end for to wire in)

29. - Dipstick braket bolts.

30. - Length of vaccum hose

[Edited on 24-05-2010 by chris_uk]
chris_uk
Premium Member

24th May 10 at 12:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

update -

throttle body to supercharger gasket is on order from the states and should be here soon, the header tank has still not been found yet, hopefully i can sort something, but if not ill have to install that in july when one can be made.

chris_uk
Premium Member

13th Jul 10 at 17:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just fitted the harness bar and the 4point harness.

harness bar was £117 whish is quite a lot for a bar of metal, but i can use the original seatbelts with it.
the 4 point sabelt harness was £52, so i got a bit of a deal there.

pics soon
chris_uk
Premium Member

13th Jul 10 at 19:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a picture of the badge i designed, hopefully it should look good on the engine

on the engine

Nick-S

14th Jul 10 at 11:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had it mapped yet?
chris_uk
Premium Member

16th Jul 10 at 19:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got is partially mapped today.

265bhp
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

17th Jul 10 at 08:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

BOOM! thats awesome.
chris_uk
Premium Member

18th Jul 10 at 08:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont have any graphs yet as they are not finished with the mapping, i have to go back once my fuel pump is fitted (which im hoping to do sometime this week) as soon as thats done i can get back down and get it finished..

my next shopping list is growing again.

eagle rods
double valve springs
1mm oversized valves
3" exhaust system
blower cam shafts
nitron street series coilovers or gaz gold pros (not decided which yet)

Dom

18th Jul 10 at 11:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Any vids/pics of the final install?
chris_uk
Premium Member

18th Nov 10 at 18:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Update

here are the internals i have bought

Eagle Rods

Wiesco Pistons 8.9:1

Supertech Valve Springs

ARP Engine Bolts/Studs

Supercharger Comp Cams

0.5mm Oversized Valves

Inlet to Head Gasket

Uprated Saab Head Gasket

Water Pump Oil Gasket

they are currently getting fitted, the block is at the machine shop getting re-bored.

water pump was busted so ive had to get another for £100 and the balancer chain tensioners have worn so ive got one of them aswell.

hopefully it should be completed by this weekend and i will be going to milton keynes to pick it up.
DannyB
Premium Member

18th Nov 10 at 18:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Awesome thread chris, you have too much money
chris_uk
Premium Member

18th Nov 10 at 19:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you work hard... you play hard

<<  2    3    4    5    6    7    8  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » The VX220 Project! - Garage Update- Pics and Vids 23 database queries in 0.1073930 seconds