corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » The VX220 Project! - Garage Update- Pics and Vids

New Poll
  <<  13    14    15    16    17    18    19  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The VX220 Project! - Garage Update- Pics and Vids
chris_uk
Premium Member

User status: Offline
5th Sep 13 at 12:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

chris_uk
Premium Member

13th Sep 13 at 16:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ordered some new gloves for donny as my current ones are shot.

was advised by gaz that there was a new valve upgrade for my shocks so i took them off and found a leaky one.. lol

surprisingly my CL RC5+ brake pads have lasted blooming ages! couple track days and a year of driving

wouldnt air jacks be ace..

chris_uk
Premium Member

24th Sep 13 at 21:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I decided to look at the toe eye as it never went in very well, half way through the thread it snapped.. :S

So fixed and improved.

I got mikes 2012 season diffuser but its taken a battering so im not sure ill keep it but put it on anyway.

Ready to rock.

Good night.

Ben G

25th Sep 13 at 18:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think you need a bigger car cover mate
chris_uk
Premium Member

25th Sep 13 at 19:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Matt L

25th Sep 13 at 21:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

air jacks would be cool, do love the look of this car.
Haimsey
Premium Member

25th Sep 13 at 23:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's like a kid sleeping in a tshirt that doesnt fit anymore

Looking fab, as always.
Brother always messages me when he's seen you about on motorways/roads up your way

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread
chris_uk
Premium Member

25th Sep 13 at 23:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lol really.. What does he drive?

Haimsey
Premium Member

27th Sep 13 at 21:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He drives a silver 172, black oz f1's, black cage.

[Edited on 27-09-2013 by Haimsey]

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread
Kyle T
Premium Member

27th Sep 13 at 21:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking good Chris, car sounds like my gearbox

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
chris_uk
Premium Member

27th Sep 13 at 22:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did my trackday today..

Its an interesting track is donington, we did the gp circuit. The day started at 5am, wake up, pack and set off about 5:30am and it was about 10 miles later i got a coolant light on.. So i pulled over and topped it up not thinking much about it, drove another 20 miles and it came on again so slightly concerned i pulled into the services and had a look around.. Couldnt see anything but drips of water everywhere but couldnt find the source.. Decided to refil and carry on and i ended up doing 40 miles before it came on, got to the track to find a pipe had a hole rubbed in.. Damn! So a bit of rubber, gaffa tape and 2 juele clips later its all fixed

So, first lap i went out got onto the back straight and my brakes just didnt work.. Felt like 0% - 75% pedal didnt do anything then i got everything in that last 25%.. Not good.. By this time it was dinner time, i bled the brakes and instantly was better, took it out and boom! Working brakes! Yes!

Started to get into a nice little flow but had some oversteer so i tightened up the front shocks by a click and that solved that.. The car handled perfectly neutral but just lacked as much grip as i wanted.. So i think stiffer springs are in order..

Best time i managed was 1'52.x that included 2 ignition cut outs (map sensor tripping out) and some dodgy lines and traffic, my ideal time was 1'49.x which i think is pretty respectable.

Using circuit tools i worked out that i would probably be able to do a 1'18.x on the smaller national circuit and to put that into perspective, matt neil btcc's civic did a 1'10.x in 2011 ot a ferrari f430 gt3 did a 1'15.x so i dont think thats too bad.. I recon that once i get some stiffer springs and sort out my map sensor i think i could probably knock a second or 2 easily off my PB.. Roll on next year for another crack
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

27th Sep 13 at 23:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Love donnington. GP the brake killer on the hairpin? I did that layout last year. On Ad08's standard suspension I was running 1'58's

Need to do it again as it's only 40mins away!

Pretty shitty you had so many issues though!
chris_uk
Premium Member

27th Sep 13 at 23:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea, its always better when you dont have problems but at the same time its great when you manage to bodge together a fix which works lol

Most of the braking at donny is downhill so its a propper killer.. The brakes actually held together very well considering the system had air in it.. Once id got rid of the air i had no issues.

Ive got a vid of the brakes just failing as i was going into the corner and i just end up going through the gravel.. Which is ny first ever off on a track, still not spun or lost control yet. Im sure it will come.

[Edited on 27-09-2013 by chris_uk]
chris_uk
Premium Member

27th Oct 13 at 23:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Went to Blyton Park today and it turned out to be a pretty decent day all in all.

the track is pretty flat but i quite liked it.. suited the vx perfectly.. had loads of cut outs again which was really pissing me off but hopefully next time in out it will all be sorted..

was looking forward to the cd of pics but when i viewed them they were all shit, blurry and the same and he wanted £25 for a cd with 25 pics on.. fuck that!.

here is a vid of the session i did, including my fastest lap (so much i could do to improve it)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1j1Zd_PWNi0&feature=youtu.be

i will go back once the car is running 100% just so i can see what it can really do there.. (ideal was 1'10.8)

only pic i did get was this one

and 1 from my mate on the way there.

[Edited on 27-10-2013 by chris_uk]
Kyle T
Premium Member

28th Oct 13 at 09:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Both car and track looked good

Loved the way you were coasting behind the Impreza while he struggled to stay on the track

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
chris_uk
Premium Member

28th Oct 13 at 09:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Watch the last 30 secs of this

http://youtu.be/GoYemCYpzlk
Kyle T
Premium Member

28th Oct 13 at 10:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wtf was that scaffolding platform with a spoiler? Seemed slow as hell and massive!

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
chris_uk
Premium Member

28th Oct 13 at 10:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It was some type of prototype, ls9 6.2 supercharged engine running slicks. It was quick.

He came to chat to me and said i did well to keep up lol.
chris_uk
Premium Member

28th Oct 13 at 18:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

go-pro footage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DRW3w2Gq2s
Kyle T
Premium Member

28th Oct 13 at 18:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That RaceLogic thing you've got on the rearview mirror, can you export the overlay from that to put it on other footage such as from a GoPro etc?

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
AK

28th Oct 13 at 19:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just a dodgy connection in the MAP sensor or what? Can imagine the frustration
chris_uk
Premium Member

28th Oct 13 at 19:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kyle T
That RaceLogic thing you've got on the rearview mirror, can you export the overlay from that to put it on other footage such as from a GoPro etc?

i dont think you can,, im not sure never tried.

be good if you could.
chris_uk
Premium Member

28th Oct 13 at 19:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AK
just a dodgy connection in the MAP sensor or what? Can imagine the frustration

map sensor isnt big enough, its just going past the limits.

to start with its fine unless you at the top of 4th gear and then it cuts out, but as the day went on and the air got hotter and hotter it started cutting out lower down in 4th and crept into 3rd..

bigger map sensor fitted and a remap and it will be sorted.
AK

28th Oct 13 at 20:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

couldnt you just lower the boost and drive round it then

M Sutton

28th Oct 13 at 21:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Goes well and sounds very nice, just a shame about the cutting out!

<<  13    14    15    16    17    18    19  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » The VX220 Project! - Garage Update- Pics and Vids 24 database queries in 0.2009289 seconds