corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » The VX220 Project! - Garage Update- Pics and Vids

New Poll
  <<  14    15    16    17    18    19    20  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The VX220 Project! - Garage Update- Pics and Vids
chris_uk
Premium Member

User status: Offline
28th Oct 13 at 21:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AK
couldnt you just lower the boost and drive round it then

well technically yes, if i had a larger supercharger pulley.. but i don't have one
AK

28th Oct 13 at 23:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh aye... forgot you run a supercharger
chris_uk
Premium Member

29th Oct 13 at 08:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I looked at my air filter last night.. It deffinatly needs a cover to stop the water getting on it! Lol its a right mess, supprised i didnt suck it into my engine!

Well, ive got 6 months now whilst the car is off road.
Steve
Premium Member

29th Oct 13 at 08:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

doesn't it have some sort of bypass valve? in which case just open the screw up a bit to lower the boost
chris_uk
Premium Member

29th Oct 13 at 08:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got some new alloys coming (same as i have now but matt black) and i managed to land lucky and get some Dunlop Racing Cut Slick Wet Tyres. All in the entire wet set cost me less than £450. Bargin!

AK

29th Oct 13 at 08:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they look in very good condition!
chris_uk
Premium Member

29th Oct 13 at 09:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats what i thought adam, even wear and not that much time on track, there is some cracking in the treads tho but it shouldnt be too much of an issue, what you think?
Kyle T
Premium Member

29th Oct 13 at 09:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I guess wet weather tyres will wear much slower than dry tyres providing they're used only in the wet.

I always expected a wet track tyre to have a continuous groove round the circumference for some reason.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
chris_uk
Premium Member

29th Oct 13 at 09:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

F1 tyres are just loads of squares, i suppose aslong as the grooves are connected the the tread they would be ok, otherwise they will only take up x amount until they are overwhelmed.
AK

29th Oct 13 at 11:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wet tyres wear quickly.... they are a very soft compound, with lots of gaps.... the traed moves around a lot, heats up and rubs off.

We have pirreli W6 full wets (just blocks of rubber like an offroad tyre really) and they are prone to loosing the edges of the blocks very easily.

Use them in damp... and they heat up very quickly. Needs to be properly WET!

These are what we use

chris_uk
Premium Member

29th Oct 13 at 15:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea they are the ones i was thinking about.

How long would you say they would typically last adam if used in correct conditions? Mine are soft
AK

29th Oct 13 at 16:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fee's used them a couple of times in 15min races with medium wear, but one use that got a bit dry towards the end took to corners off all the blocks. Still much better than any other dry tyre though

A years worth of soaking wet trackdays should be no problem... just dont run them damp/dry
chris_uk
Premium Member

29th Oct 13 at 16:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cool
taylorboosh

29th Oct 13 at 17:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lol at about 130 in that track vid i was thinking wtf is that a jeep on track... No its a megane, perspective from your car must be mental
chris_uk
Premium Member

29th Oct 13 at 17:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my mate was adamant that it was a scenic lol
taylorboosh

29th Oct 13 at 17:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lol looks huge
chris_uk
Premium Member

29th Oct 13 at 17:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

everything is huge in my car lol
Stu_22

8th Nov 13 at 23:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Were you flying down the m1 around Northampton the other Saturday night sounded good
chris_uk
Premium Member

8th Nov 13 at 23:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nope.. Wasnt me. .
chris_uk
Premium Member

24th Mar 14 at 18:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

little update on the progress of the car..

time has come to decide what to do with it..

do i carry on as it is with a remap from courtenay sport or.. go standalone. well some clever dutch bloke has managed to crack the ECU and everything is fully open.. so this is what i plan on doing..

i have got a list so far of things to get sorted.

Install and fit;

new 2.5bar map sensor
6 ribbed belt conversion
siemans deko 630cc injectors
aem wideband AFR
new gauge pod
cam timing checked to make sure its bang on TDC
send ecu to holland for unlocking

and hopefully i can look at tidyig up the engine compartment a little. but atm that is all there is to do but will slap some pics up when stuff starts to arrive.

chris_uk
Premium Member

25th Mar 14 at 16:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got my gauge pod, AFR and OBD2 connector today.

OBDII connector so my laptop can speak to the ECU whilst i do my own mapping.

gauge pod and gauge

chris_uk
Premium Member

29th Mar 14 at 17:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

did a couple things before I go to croft at the weekend.

bought some edging strip ages ago so started putting it all over the place.

needed to make use of my fog lights so I fashioned them up into brake cooling ducts

hole drilled, and covered in edging strip.

ducting was a little small really and didn't go over the fog lights well enough so going to buy some larger ducting and re-pipe it.

this is 58mm pipe, ideally id want 60mm or 65mm

from underneath and wheels on full lock towards centre of car to check clearance.. there was loads.

also the lights were fucked as the clips which the bolts sit into were snapped.

this fix allows the bolt to still be usable as these are used to alter the headlight beam.

as usual bother mine had broken so had to fashion up 2 brackets

[Edited on 09-04-2014 by chris_uk]
chris_uk
Premium Member

30th Mar 14 at 18:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I went about fitting my wide band today, cant fully finish it because i havent got a lambda bung put in the exhaust yet so i wired it up ready.

Used a switched live and neutral from behind the radio and the output was lengthened to reach the back.

Wires!

For reference..

Purple = permenant live
Green = switched live
Black = neutral

Joined, but re-did the heat shrinking as this looks shit.

Ready to plug in

Done

All the tape etc will be gone when i can be arsed to give it a nice good clean.

Now ive got to sit and read through 60 pages of the mapping software manual..

flybikeslee

31st Mar 14 at 11:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wheres the edging strip from? after similar for mine
chris_uk
Premium Member

31st Mar 14 at 12:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was just on ebay, i got 5m of it.

Wasnt expensive

<<  14    15    16    17    18    19    20  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » The VX220 Project! - Garage Update- Pics and Vids 24 database queries in 0.0189688 seconds