corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » My budget track car *** now for sale**

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5    6    7    8  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author My budget track car *** now for sale**
SteveoBC
Premium Member

User status: Offline
28th Sep 07 at 19:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hey peeps got another panel painted during lunch today

was going to do it yesterday but all the booths were in use, so knowing that i decided to take the screen out and make the prep a bit more easier

sanded it off in 320 grit and masked up the centre bit and back masked around the outside as im on going to spray over it in matt black spray paint later on anyway.

de-greased tacked off and on with the wet on wet (soz this was blurry only had time to quickly pop my head inside the door while my mate was spraying it)

the on with the colour and it came out like this

going into work tomorrow and finishing off spraying the inside matt black, prep and spray the engine bay too, take the doors off and hopefully get them spray'd if any of the painters are in

i'll upload some pics sunday with a bit of luck
Rab

28th Sep 07 at 19:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cant wait to see her!
SteveoBC
Premium Member

29th Sep 07 at 19:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Another update, had a good go at the car today, firstly had some more paint and finished up doing firstly the spare wheel well that i hadnt painted

next up was finishing off spraying the front footwells and bottom part of the bulkhead, everything i left was gonna be covered by the dash anyway
before

after

then put masking tape along the top of the sill where the doorshut is and marked the same line across the wings as im covering the whole of the sill and bottom of the wings in stone ship then painting over for a bit of protection on the the track

whipped the wings off and then stone chipped the bottom of em

next made a start on the engine bay, red-scotch soaked in degrease went all over the inside of the bay, then wiped any excess with more de-grease then set about spraying it all matt black, was well chuffed with the result made the bay so much neater too
before

after

after that ther was a wobble in the driver 1/4 that was casuing the filler put in by a previous repair to crack so ground out all the old filler, pushed out the dent, made it solid so it didnt pop and wobble anymore then re-did the filler

if anyone was wondering why i was doing work in another area its because this was in my way

a 57 plate jag xkr in for a bumper re-paint, bloody nice (bit dirty tho)

oh and my mate came in with his 500bhp supra 3.0ltr TT to cut some bonnet vents (this car is V.fast )

more soon, should have the doors and wings painted during next week, poss the shell next weekend we'll see

[Edited on 29-09-2007 by SteveoBC]
C00RSA

29th Sep 07 at 20:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Progress is looking great, can't wait to see it finished!
johnhara1

3rd Oct 07 at 13:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

project mate cant wait to see it finished.
SteveoBC
Premium Member

6th Oct 07 at 19:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Finally got the shell painted, get in!!

was lucky as my painter mate who's been doing all the other little bits and bobs had came in today (never comes in saturday) as he was painting one of the fitters cars, as he did him a favour, so decided to do mine after and get it done

so while he was painting the first car i got on with prepping mine

basically went around the car with red scotch, de-grease and 320 grit all over getting it keyed up for paint (and the doors too) and luckily i stone-chipped the sills the night before

next up got it into one of the booths (bit of a fcuker with the rollers on) but in anyway

then set about masking off, bit time consuming but gotta be done

and got the doors in and back-masked

then a final degrease and time to shut the door

my mate spraying white wet-on-wet coat

then makes a start on the colour

whoo its turning yellow

tadaaaaaaa!

thank god that hurdle is over an done with, very happy with the result, a couple of tiny wobbles, but for a track car im more than happy with the outcome

gotta say a big thanks to my mate Chris for giving up most of his afternoon to help me mask up and obviously spray the car, cheers mate!

now im setting my focus on the engine, going dublin next week, and so any change left over is going on parts but its getting there

right im off to bed, ive earned it

[Edited on 06-10-2007 by SteveoBC]

[Edited on 06-10-2007 by SteveoBC]
ash87

6th Oct 07 at 20:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wow this will look awesome when put back together!
Uber-Smee

6th Oct 07 at 21:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looking good fella
Kurt

6th Oct 07 at 21:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking any pics of the paint dry?
SAL
Premium Member

7th Oct 07 at 00:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

very indeed
Ste L

7th Oct 07 at 06:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

very nice, love the colour
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

7th Oct 07 at 10:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that colour is excellent
STEvieXE

7th Oct 07 at 12:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

class, is that why u didnt high build the repairs etc, because its for the track and u werent too bothered??

colour looks fab
SteveoBC
Premium Member

7th Oct 07 at 13:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by STEvieXE
class, is that why u didnt high build the repairs etc, because its for the track and u werent too bothered??

colour looks fab

the exact reason

one of the doors is not in the best of conditions but have enough paint leftover to paint any replacement doors
SteveoBC
Premium Member

20th Oct 07 at 16:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey everyone, just to let you know what iv been up to

after the shell was painted had a chance to start whacking bits back on it
so put back in the lights, rear arches, bumper, cross member and roof rails, all with a nice matt blac finish to em, this is how i left it before i went on a trip to dublin (dont worry going to tint the rear lights red doesnt suit it at all)

now i got back and was trying to finish it off but had to help mend my mates BMW as he crashed it and he re-sprayed the B so i thought id repay the favour and help him

but today popped into work (had to get a dented wing for my gf's 206 out of our skip and repair it as hers has been ripped off..........dont ask)

then after i did that had time to put the doors back on (which have been matt blacked on the inside) and re-fit the tailgate and fit the glass screen back in

starting to look like a car again now

and thats all for the mo, now its save up for engine parts time

[Edited on 20-10-2007 by SteveoBC]
jamesvalver

20th Oct 07 at 18:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looking good. looks soo good std lol
SteveoBC
Premium Member

21st Oct 07 at 12:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im desperate to get the black cav rims back on it, will look 10x better with those on

[Edited on 21-10-2007 by SteveoBC]
sumner2k3

24th Oct 07 at 22:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks awesome.. cant wait to see it finnished
SteveoBC
Premium Member

1st Nov 07 at 20:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hey everyone, just a quick update

got bored the other dy so put the wings and bonnet on loose, then hung on the bumper to get an idea of what it'll look like finished, but its back outside under a cover now (so its engine only work for the time being)

will look quality with the black cav wheels on, but in the mean time, changed the fuel sender in the tank as it was playing up when the old enigne was in, and have been coating some fo the parts in matt black/ black hammerite
ie- calipers, front anti-roll bar etc, will get pics up soon
marklawton

1st Nov 07 at 20:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks mint, u leaving the back bumper all black or half coloucroding it like the front bumper?
ShEp

1st Nov 07 at 20:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

christ what is that colour? citrine yellow?

looks different
SteveoBC
Premium Member

1st Nov 07 at 23:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by marklawton
looks mint, u leaving the back bumper all black or half coloucroding it like the front bumper?

yeh its only a track car, only got the post facelift front 'cos it came from a write off and my old one was all cracked nearly in half, otherwise the front would have been black plastic aswell

quote:
Originally posted by ShEp
christ what is that colour? citrine yellow?

looks different

yeh sort of a BMW M3 hybrid yellow, loads of diff shades/codes of BMW Dakar yellow mixed altogether
richard_cooper

2nd Nov 07 at 16:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cant wait to see this done

Love the colour
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

2nd Nov 07 at 17:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wicked
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

5th Nov 07 at 03:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

should paint the arches and bumper tops gloss black and get facelift bump strips and smoked mhws

<<  2    3    4    5    6    7    8  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » My budget track car *** now for sale** 23 database queries in 0.0293360 seconds