corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » My budget track car *** now for sale**

New Poll
  <<  4    5    6    7    8    9    10  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author My budget track car *** now for sale**
sumner2k3

User status: Offline
26th Jan 08 at 15:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

iv just put those hoses on my car and i didnt have any problems with lining them up.. all fitted fine
Kurt

18th Apr 08 at 21:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anymore updates?
stu_c

18th Apr 08 at 22:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looking mint mate cant wait 2 see it finished
K 5ive

19th Apr 08 at 11:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks a very thorough job.
SteveoBC
Premium Member

14th Jun 08 at 22:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey everybody long time no see, first time iv been online at all in like a month!! (v.annoying)

anyway.............cylinder head all rebuilt, Port,polish chem clean and rebuild by Gary off MIGWEB (the guys knows his XE heads and a very nice guy)

so now is better than standard and clean as a whistle

before

minging!!

after:

very pleased

been away from work as iv not been at all well, going back on monday, now.....next task is to concentrate and the bottom end to complement the top

shopping list

all new bottom end bearings and shells, new arp conrod bolts new piston rings and tidy up

poss get the crank rods and pistons balanced and micropolished (price depending)

but before i do that, a set of Spax RSX coilovers have caught my eye on special offer this month, £478incl vat and free delivery with 2year warranty....opinions?? i like em myself have thought about FK's but unsure (price or comparison) but altogether v.tempting but unsure

opinons welcome but remember dont want to paythe earth for a set though, these i thought well a very fair price, hense why im interested but any other views/thoughts welcome

[Edited on 03-10-2008 by SteveoBC]
SteveoBC
Premium Member

21st Jun 08 at 22:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey guys antother update once again!

was in work saturday changing brakes on sis's and my gf's cars but inbetween dragged the bottom end out of its hiding place and took some more bits off (altenator, couple of water pipes and couple of wires and a mount) And got to work giving the top face and the piston heads a good old clean, and by god the was alot of soot and muck on em

but i did qiute well i thought see for yourself

before:

after:

looks so much better now

bits i stripped off

might paint the block in black hammerite now as ive come this far but as for today wrapped it up away from dust for the time being

and dont worry lads, had Keeley supervising the whole time lol!

more updates soon (or when i get internet access)
Corsa_Scotty

21st Jun 08 at 22:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Love this thread and the poster of course , Keep up the good work
SteveoBC
Premium Member

16th Aug 08 at 13:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey everyone,

have not really kept this thread up to date that much, but alot has been going on behind the scenes

good and bad news

bad news first.....on the advice of mechanics at my work the bottom end isn in as good shape as i first thought, seems 2 of the piston chambers are pitted a bit and re-bore and OS rings was mentioned...

however, the good news is for the same money of new piston rings and all the bearings i need to re-build the bottom end iv found another rebuilt XE! reciepts for crank grind, new OS bearings bottom end re-hone and new piston rings, along with new oil and water pumps and best of all .....a COSCAST head whoooo!!

plus got my new Spax RSX coilovers on aswell pics below

old suspension off

new shocks on

all of rear end shocks and springs installed

front coilover units built up

fronts and brakes installed

then i found out they were too big to put the steelies back on, so had to take the caliper off again lol

back on the deck

thought it would be funny for my old corsa to meet its future replacement
"quick but ugly" meets "slow but handsome"

and of course the new XE engine

coscast whoooo!

more updates soon, but im going away end of the month so things may go quiet again for a while

[Edited on 16-08-2008 by SteveoBC]

[Edited on 16-08-2008 by SteveoBC]
SteveoBC
Premium Member

20th Dec 08 at 11:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi guys

been away for a while, had to use te internet all over the shop as my laptop has had

anyway......

been busy
new parts arrived
brake hoses

ht leads

powercap

strut brace

oh, and a box??............................

JACKPOT! all my driveshafts, inner and outter cv's whooooo!

next got my engine off the stand andon the crane to put on some bits

first fitted a younger flywheel, and put on my arp bolts and tourqued those bad boys up

then got my new black diamond clutch kit out the box

old one removed

new clutch on

then i decided i didnt want the bottom end red, so got hold of some black hammerite, took all the main bits off i wanted off and sprayed it, looks way better
front

back

fitted my new cool running thermostat

while i had all the inlet off i decided to put my new roose hoses on and the powercap was fitted too, they look great!

next up was gearbox time
had a new thrust bearing in the clutch kit so would be silly not to change it
old one off

old and new

new one back in

did the usual grinding to fit the rear gearbox spacer kit, easy

and a quick test fit

then whacked the gearbox on, bugger me there heavy, dont wanna do that by myself again in a hurry!

gear linkage on

nearly shat my pants for 5mins as i couldnt select gears by hand "oh shit" but opened up the selector and found the problem, selector forks were out of alignment, click em back in and jobs a gud un'!

next, i assembled the new drive shafts yum!

was going to fit new bearings then realised the ones i got were too big- BUGGER! waiting for the new ones to show up

so decided next was time to fit the engine, wipped the wings off, and raised up the car

lowered the engine on our handy wheely trolly

pushed that under the car and dropped her down, had to jiggle it about a bit and do the usual scuttle panel mod, but shes in!

then raised her back up again

and did the gearbox mount underneath

properly getting there now, should have it back on the deck with the suspension fully assembled in the new year, then its just a case of a couple of pipes, loom work, tyres and a roll cage

more soon
Luke

20th Dec 08 at 13:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was looking for this thread for ages & couldn't find it. Glad you back & the progress looks awesome.
philip2

20th Dec 08 at 14:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looking good matey.

just a quick question did you use the coscast head or the one gary ported?

just the coscast head has tiny inlet ports compared to stock size ports of a gm head + id probably sell the coscast and get a few ££ back, really is too much hype about them!

looking good though
Craig P

20th Dec 08 at 14:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SteveoBC
quote:
Originally posted by STEvieXE
quote:
Originally posted by AndyCorsaSport
Even i can agree times are wank

Even though i still work with my mentor, he often gives me my own smaller jobs, things he knows im capable of doing, even though he books the time

part and parcel of gettin an apprentice lol

yep, apprentice's always get the shit end of the stick, but it comes with the job, we've all been ther.....sweeping up, emptying bins, removing sealer, all the shitty jobs

nice not being known as "the boy" anymore now tho

I can back this up,Im a Apprentice Mechanic and Yes it is Shit but all Part & Parcel of wanting to do the Job you Love!

Its not so Bad for me now though as im nearly through my Time so i get my own Jobs Etc.And we have another Apprentice so i Tell him what to do Lol!

Good Luck with the Car Mate,Going Well
SteveoBC
Premium Member

20th Dec 08 at 17:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by philip2
looking good matey.

just a quick question did you use the coscast head or the one gary ported?

just the coscast head has tiny inlet ports compared to stock size ports of a gm head + id probably sell the coscast and get a few ££ back, really is too much hype about them!

looking good though

kept the coscast head on it, keeping the ported gm unit for when i blow the current one up, plus saves me buying new head bolts, if and when i need to, i'll get the arp head stud kit
SteveoBC
Premium Member

20th Dec 08 at 17:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by C-R-A-I-G
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by STEvieXE
quote:
Originally posted by AndyCorsaSport
Even i can agree times are wank

Even though i still work with my mentor, he often gives me my own smaller jobs, things he knows im capable of doing, even though he books the time

part and parcel of gettin an apprentice lol

yep, apprentice's always get the shit end of the stick, but it comes with the job, we've all been ther.....sweeping up, emptying bins, removing sealer, all the shitty jobs

nice not being known as "the boy" anymore now tho

I can back this up,Im a Apprentice Mechanic and Yes it is Shit but all Part & Parcel of wanting to do the Job you Love!

Its not so Bad for me now though as im nearly through my Time so i get my own Jobs Etc.And we have another Apprentice so i Tell him what to do Lol!

Good Luck with the Car Mate,Going Well

lol ive not been an aprentice for ages! im one of the insurance estimators in the office nowadays! hense why the cars been tkaing so long, can only work on it on weekends

oh and by the way,sold my black corsa C now aswell cos im moving house, quite a bit has gone on since last time
SteveoBC
Premium Member

20th Dec 08 at 17:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Luke
I was looking for this thread for ages & couldn't find it. Glad you back & the progress looks awesome.

cheers mate, noticed your from oxford, where abouts? cant be too far from my work in aylesbury, been round there quite a bit lately in connection with work

[Edited on 20-12-2008 by SteveoBC]
Ste L

20th Dec 08 at 18:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it's getting there Steve, look's rather nice
cdonnelly

20th Dec 08 at 18:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

amazing cant wait to see this finished
redtop corsa

20th Dec 08 at 20:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looking gud mate gud work
RossyB

20th Dec 08 at 20:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good project mate
Adam-D

22nd Dec 08 at 07:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Graham88

23rd Dec 08 at 03:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good progress
big*boy*rob

23rd Dec 08 at 17:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

car looks awesome mate. were did u get ur inner and outta cvs from?
Luke

24th Dec 08 at 00:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Luke

cheers mate, noticed your from oxford, where abouts? cant be too far from my work in aylesbury, been round there quite a bit lately in connection with work

[Edited on 20-12-2008 by SteveoBC]

I live in abingdon mate. About 30 mins from aylesbury. Didn't realise you was pretty local. Keep up the good work & get more pics up
SteveoBC
Premium Member

18th Jan 09 at 20:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well what a mental last couple of weeks

changed job roles in the office and my run-around car to get to work blows a head gasket 3rd day back to work (at least the car was free, it was a cinquento so wasnt all that surprised- sold it 2 days later for £50 so im up!!)

couldnt work on the wasp the following saturday as i had to go car shopping (picked up a cheap rover, loads of service hist 2 owners, no rust and a 1.6 honda lump) so now im skint

so to make up lost time got loads done this weekend

first up go hold of the original suspension carriers and fitted the new bearings, they dont look pretty but i sorted that out

what was left of one of the old bearings after i got it punched out

next cleaned em up brushed them off, masked them,strung em up and gave a few coats of matt black

much better

then got back over to the press and pushed the new motorsport hubs in

job done! i love shiny parts!

then got the car inside (bloody windy that day) on the lift and fitted my driveshafts i assembled earlier

then bolted on the carriers

sweet

few bolts to get the front anti-roll bar back on (will worry about the lowering blocks for that when i get a manifold to check clearance)

and shes back on all for wheels suspension assembled, few more things to go and im laughing (i'll be honest getting excited now)

more soon

Adam-D

18th Jan 09 at 20:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

look forward to seeing this done

<<  4    5    6    7    8    9    10  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » My budget track car *** now for sale** 23 database queries in 0.0214422 seconds