corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » My budget track car *** now for sale**

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author My budget track car *** now for sale**
STEvieXE

User status: Offline
26th Jun 07 at 18:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im from n.ireland and went to our local accident repair college. got asked to go to thatcham for competition but it turned out i was too old. (u have to be 22 or under)
SteveoBC
Premium Member

26th Jun 07 at 21:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AndyCorsaSport
Take it your a panel beater?

Im an apprentice panel beater, wish we could do that much at my place, ive done loads, but not as much as id like to.

Sounds like you and other Steve both go, or have been to Thatcham aswell?

I go to Thatcham for my college training.

i was on a BMW run course, they did go thatcham for while, then changed to Sandwell Automotive college in Birmingham, now its moving back to Thatcham (wish it had done before i started would have been alot bloody closer!!)

yeh im a Panel Beater, just finished my course this time last week so im fully qualified now just waiting for my certificates to come through

its well weird being on my own now, no working with my mentors anymore as my boss has put me on trial week to see how many hours i put in, not doing too bad so far this week
SteveoBC
Premium Member

26th Jun 07 at 21:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

plus depending on how busy i am, the car "might" see paint on the outside this weekend
STEvieXE

27th Jun 07 at 18:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SteveoBC
quote:
Take it your a panel beater?

Im an apprentice panel beater, wish we could do that much at my place, ive done loads, but not as much as id like to.

Sounds like you and other Steve both go, or have been to Thatcham aswell?

I go to Thatcham for my college training.

i was on a BMW run course, they did go thatcham for while, then changed to Sandwell Automotive college in Birmingham, now its moving back to Thatcham (wish it had done before i started would have been alot bloody closer!!)

yeh im a Panel Beater, just finished my course this time last week so im fully qualified now just waiting for my certificates to come through

its well weird being on my own now, no working with my mentors anymore as my boss has put me on trial week to see how many hours i put in, not doing too bad so far this week

over here when we serve our time usually we work with mentors for 6 months/1 year or slightly more and then we have to work on our own. altho the mentor will help you when u need it etc etc.

gd luck on the hours. times are truly shite arent they
SteveoBC
Premium Member

27th Jun 07 at 19:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

times are wank by miles! and our 2 estimators are little bastards for holding hours back

i still ask for advice off the old mentors if i get a little stuck but overall i feel fine about working on my own, much better being my own boss
AndyCorsaSport

27th Jun 07 at 21:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Even i can agree times are wank

Even though i still work with my mentor, he often gives me my own smaller jobs, things he knows im capable of doing, even though he books the time
STEvieXE

28th Jun 07 at 18:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Even though i still work with my mentor, he often gives me my own smaller jobs, things he knows im capable of doing, even though he books the time

part and parcel of gettin an apprentice lol
SteveoBC
Premium Member

28th Jun 07 at 18:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by STEvieXE
quote:

part and parcel of gettin an apprentice lol

yep, apprentice's always get the shit end of the stick, but it comes with the job, we've all been ther.....sweeping up, emptying bins, removing sealer, all the shitty jobs

nice not being known as "the boy" anymore now tho
STEvieXE

28th Jun 07 at 19:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

class feelin even when ur still an apprentice but u get a new apprentice in work and then u get someone to tell wot to do lol

u only had one in ur work?? we have 7 apprentices in my work at the minute.
SteveoBC
Premium Member

28th Jun 07 at 19:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nah had another panel apprentice when i started, he left, now theres me and 2 paint apprentice's, ones nearly finished the other is 1st year
AndyCorsaSport

30th Jun 07 at 11:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Theres 1 other at my place. Panel aswell.

Got a paint apprentice starting monday. And its a she :O

Any updates on the car mate?
SteveoBC
Premium Member

1st Jul 07 at 20:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Theres 1 other at my place. Panel aswell.

Got a paint apprentice starting monday. And its a she :O

Any updates on the car mate?

yep there is an update just won a red cobra monaco s ex-display bucket seat on ebay for around 70 notes whoo
STEvieXE

1st Jul 07 at 20:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is this gonna be a single seat totally stripped to the balls track car??
SteveoBC
Premium Member

1st Jul 07 at 20:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh yeh, anything not nessescary is going
STEvieXE

1st Jul 07 at 20:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

excellent cant wait to see it,
SteveoBC
Premium Member

1st Jul 07 at 20:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by STEvieXE
excellent cant wait to see it,

me too

even the heater matrix is coming out so hopefully will weight about as much as a mouse fart lol
SteveoBC
Premium Member

10th Jul 07 at 20:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tiny update, picked my new bucket seat on the weekend

but heres the story that goes with it, went to pick up the monaco s cobra seat that i won, got ther and the guy selling that offered me a better seat that had sold on ebay, but the buyer had'nt turned up

he sed he'd let me have it for an extra 20 on what i was paying for the monaco, and i sed 15 and we have a deal so for near enough 85 i got..........

................this! and mint condition, no rips/tears or marks Cobra Imola 2 "Fibreglass back" side mounting bucket seat, which is lighter and perfect for the track car, so was very happy in the end, result!

SteveoBC
Premium Member

22nd Jul 07 at 10:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

update, popped into work yesterday for a while and thought i should do some work to the track car as i havent had much spare time to crack at it

so today noticed bit of surface rust along the top of the roof where it meets the windscreen, went to remove the rubber round the edge and noticed that the windscreen hadnt been glued in properly! (probs a cowboy windscreen replacement so.........out it came!

sand blasted the rust then quick skim of top stop filler and a rub down

qiuck coat of primer round the screen area

then thats how i left it

think i'll leave it like this for a while, much easier to put a cage in while its like this

more soon
Gary
Premium Member

22nd Jul 07 at 10:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fad

22nd Jul 07 at 12:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cant wait to see the paint scheme finished on this!
SteveoBC
Premium Member

22nd Jul 07 at 16:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

gonna have a crack at the roll cage in 2 weekends time (away for a lads weekend in bournemouth next week) then paint time (i hope lol)
vxlgsi

23rd Jul 07 at 14:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

liking the look of this project
SteveoBC
Premium Member

23rd Jul 07 at 18:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

decided iv neglected the engine block for a while, so im using it as an excuse to try out the paint scheme on it, so tommorow hopefully i'll have some spare time and remove the rocker ,spark plug and cambelt cover and prep em up to try out the paint on em
SteveoBC
Premium Member

25th Jul 07 at 18:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

update time again,

yesterday had a bit of spare time at lunch and felt the engine had'nt been seen too for a while, and as im replacing the rocker and sump gaskets anyway i decided to take of the rocker, plug and cam covers and paint em same yellow as the car will be but the spark plug cover will be black with yellow lettering

before

covers off

managed to de-grease an clean em, tommorow sanding and prep for paint

SteveoBC
Premium Member

26th Jul 07 at 22:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just a couple of picks from some prepping i did today on the cam and rocker cover, the rocker still needs some more sanding done, but the cam cover is ready for a quick dose of primer

i'll do the plug cover last

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » My budget track car *** now for sale** 23 database queries in 0.2104342 seconds