corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » My budget track car *** now for sale**

New Poll
  <<  17    18    19    20    21    22    23  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author My budget track car *** now for sale**
SteveoBC
Premium Member

User status: Offline
14th May 13 at 19:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No not really Chris I think my iPhone 4s records in 720p? Don't quote me on that though

[Edited on 14-05-2013 by SteveoBC]
Christopher

14th May 13 at 19:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SteveoBC
No not really Chris I think my iPhone 4s records in 720p? Don't quote me on that though

What did we say about phones

Well hes read my message lets hope he replies! if not il do it on my own haha!

So where are these pics of your new egghorse then?
SteveoBC
Premium Member

14th May 13 at 19:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Search me looks like rob didn't get round to putting back on the ramp and getting the pics like I asked (being in the trade it can be annoying spesh after they had already got it off the ramp) maybe I'll get em tomororw
SteveoBC
Premium Member

14th May 13 at 19:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh yeh and what was the quality of the footage meant to be at the minimum? I forget lol
Haimsey
Premium Member

20th May 13 at 18:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Any exhaust pics?

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread
Christopher

20th May 13 at 19:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Haimsey
Any exhaust pics?

This
M Sutton

20th May 13 at 20:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Christopher
quote:
Any exhaust pics?

This

This
DansCorsaSXi
Organiser: Yorkshire
Premium Member

20th May 13 at 21:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by M Sutton
quote:
Originally posted by Christopher
quote:
Any exhaust pics?

This

This

And this!

Star silver C20XE SXi Project thread

Smoke Grey Corsa GSi Project thread
SteveoBC
Premium Member

21st May 13 at 09:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

alright, sorry you bunch of vultures iv been flat out at work

only pics iv got were from Rob who made the exhaust for me of his phone, so not the best but you get the idea

torque has definately improved and it feels like its got the right power back again, although next on my list it dealing with a couple of issues that have arisen

Alternator is squealing really bad so will have to get the belt tightened and the bracket adjusted and also noticed one of the core plugs are leaking ever so slightly from the bottom block, not sure wether to replace or chemically seal it as its only a slight coolant leak and dont fancy disturbing the original core plugs

anyway here are the pics

much better
Haimsey
Premium Member

21st May 13 at 11:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks very smart!

Is it loud?

Marcy Marc

DansCorsaSXi
Premium Member

21st May 13 at 11:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks good Steve!

Would you recommend me getting mine done? Mines abit of a bodge.

SteveoBC
Premium Member

21st May 13 at 11:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Looks very smart!

Is it loud?

no not really, quite reasonable on the noise side of things which was what i was after, im not into the fart can malarky you find on civics
SteveoBC
Premium Member

21st May 13 at 11:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DansCorsaSXi
Looks good Steve!

Would you recommend me getting mine done? Mines abit of a bodge.

cant really say no to a stainless system mate, will stand the test of time and can be made to how you want it, so maybe think about saving up and getting one made

asked specifically to have mine as close to the body as possible to give me plenty of ground clearance as on a/b roads it used to bottom out and on speed bumps, not any more
Haimsey
Premium Member

21st May 13 at 12:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SteveoBC
quote:
Looks very smart!

Is it loud?

no not really, quite reasonable on the noise side of things which was what i was after, im not into the fart can malarky you find on civics

That's good then.
That's what I aim for. If its too loud i CBA driving it as its bad enough driving a modified corsa, let alone a loud one

Marcy Marc

SteveoBC
Premium Member

21st May 13 at 12:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

in all fairness i had darryls old one on for a bit that was not only noisy naturally but was blowing like a fucker

compared now to what it was like on the track day with a blowing exhaust its whisper quiet haha
M Sutton

21st May 13 at 14:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks good Steve
Christopher

21st May 13 at 18:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks nice that Steve! Need vids of it though
SteveoBC
Premium Member

10th Jun 13 at 09:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well thought id update the project thread of late

as some may have seen went to get the alternator belt problem sorted by my local garage the week before PVS, unfortunately someone hit bumblebee and scarpered leaving my local garage to foot the bill, so to sum up no more squealing alternator but left with a massive dent and in need of a new 1/4 panel

next on my list of woes, dad went to pick my car up for me on the friday, then tells me he got halfway home and then couldnt get 2nd........then couldnt get reverse parking it up..

got home really late saturday night, thought it was dad just moaning because hes not used to my car.....but no even worse when i went to drive it, couldnt select any gears, pitch black, gave up and proper lost my rag with my car stormed off back to the house to sulk as i had no means of fixing it in time, after all the hassle and having a shit week at work sacked it off and left it

fresh head monday morning dads had the morning off, went to have a look, called and said he may have found the problem, the select rod is gone! as in missing, must have fallen off on the short drive home

so been on ebay this morning and bought one of these
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vauxhall-Corsa-B-Combo-tigra-modified-gear-linkage-/271205951442?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3f252267d2#ht_1898wt_1255

should be miles better than the plastic shite i had on there (should have changed it ages ago but never even thought to)

so bumblebee is down for the minute but certainly not out.....speaking to my boss tomorrow about booking in for a respray and will go over every little dent round the car and little rust spots its had over the last few years and should have the linkage fixed by the weekend with a bit of luck

more soon
chris_uk
Premium Member

10th Jun 13 at 10:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

every cloud has a silver lining mate
SteveoBC
Premium Member

6th Jul 13 at 16:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well gear linkage packed up as soon as I got the car home (well when my dad did)

So ripped out the linkage and refurbished it this afternoon, although when underneath noticed driver side cv boot has split.

Nevermind, gear linkage most important right now, bbought all new bushes and rebuilt it, surprisingly easy than I thought, would put it back in now but off to the pub as work today was stressful as fuck so will deal with that I the morning

Such an nice day I did it outside while having a beer lol
DansCorsaSXi
Premium Member

6th Jul 13 at 18:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice one Steve,i found it right hard getting bushes in.

Martin W
Organiser: South East
Premium Member

6th Jul 13 at 19:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Found it a nightmare getting mine in too, ended up jamming it in a vice. Nice work Steve
SteveoBC
Premium Member

6th Jul 13 at 22:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Same, they are a fucker to say the least! A nice big lump hammer soon dealt with that, brute force and ignorance...never fails haha
SteveoBC
Premium Member

7th Jul 13 at 17:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well had dad give me a hand this afternoon, went back in fairly easily, but with the lmf bushes in made it really difficult to put the centre locating pin back in, but got there in the end, lined up the gearbox and gear stick (or so I thought)

Went for a quick test drive up and down the street, realised I must have aligned it wrong as 3 was where 1st was and had to put in reverse position to get 1st and had no reverse haha

Jacked up the front again, did the whole alignment process again, made sure it was in perfect neutral as it obviously wasn't last time, went through the gears while the whels were off the floor, all ok, drive for 2mins fine, must have been a bit too harsh on the gear changes as on the return trip it went back to having to put in reverse to get 1st?? Weird as the car drove fine when I set off???

So had to jack up and align again, putting it down to the pinch bolt on the gear selector being loose so did up extra tight this time, seems to be fine now, only want to get it moveable so I can get it to work for the respray at work so haven't gone n a long test drive but felt miles better than before now though

[Edited on 07-07-2013 by SteveoBC]
SteveoBC
Premium Member

11th Jul 13 at 19:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just a small update, managed to catch my manager in a good mood and finally got at booking date out of him

Bringing the car in on the 19th for a nice new nsr 1/4 and a full respray at last!

<<  17    18    19    20    21    22    23  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » My budget track car *** now for sale** 24 database queries in 0.1162860 seconds