corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » My budget track car *** now for sale**

New Poll
  <<  14    15    16    17    18    19    20  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author My budget track car *** now for sale**
SteveoBC
Premium Member

User status: Offline
6th Apr 13 at 20:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Morettes are fitted, got home late this afternoon after work and slightly hanging but set to work

It did come with a hid kit but it was shot to pieces and fucking useless, one side refused to work and the other side was buzzing really loudly, didn't fancy an electrical fire so just transferred the bulbs from my old lights to the morettes

Bike indicators were a bit tricky to wire up and think I might have to change the relay as they are blinking a bit too fast

But they look great, pretty pleased with em and they are working, but no pics just yet as its late, will get some at the MK meet tomorrow

[Edited on 06-04-2013 by SteveoBC]
SteveoBC
Premium Member

8th Apr 13 at 11:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

couple of fitted pics

image before i set of for the MK meet

and a couple stolen off Dan

SteveoBC
Premium Member

8th Apr 13 at 14:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just had word my passenger side subframe has turned up at mum and dads

get that fitted next weekend and can take some peeps out for rides soon
SteveoBC
Premium Member

13th Apr 13 at 16:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Subframe from Tom arrived, turned up in pieces but managed to piece it together ok

Will end up modifying this to make it fit the bars I weld in anyway

Also managed to source a brand new one off a mate who works in the trade (apparently this is surplus stock that was retuned so basically is brand new result!

And decided to whack it on soon as, seeing it was already assembled out of the box thought why not

That'll do for the minute been a busy day at work this morning, plus its chucking down outside, nice early night tonight hopefully its not raining and will set about getting these new seats bolted in (at the very least passenger side is going in) not too fussed about driver side just yet as there is a bucket seat in there at the end of the day anyway lol

[Edited on 13-04-2013 by SteveoBC]
DansCorsaSXi
Organiser: Yorkshire
Premium Member

13th Apr 13 at 17:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good luck fitting 'em Steve.

Star silver C20XE SXi Project thread

Smoke Grey Corsa GSi Project thread
tom_simes
Show Staff
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

User status: Online
14th Apr 13 at 09:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SteveoBC
Subframe from Tom arrived, turned up in pieces but managed to piece it together ok

I hope this turned up a couple of months ago!

At least I left the bolts fitted in the right holes, when it got to me a few years ago it was just metal bars, not even fixings
SteveoBC
Premium Member

14th Apr 13 at 11:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by tom_simes
quote:

At least I left the bolts fitted in the right holes, when it got to me a few years ago it was just metal bars, not even fixings

Yeh it did turn up a while ago, there is a bracket missing, but should be able to get round it
Mark.W

14th Apr 13 at 17:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Morretes look spot on but feel MHW's are needed at the rear
SteveoBC
Premium Member

14th Apr 13 at 17:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well didn't have time to get the driver side in just yet, had to babysit my 4month old nephew most of the day, but did manage to get the new harnesses on and it the passenger side mounted and bolted in

So will try and fit Darryl H's old exhaust at work next week and if I get time have a tinker with the driver side

But at the very least passenger rides available for Combe for any takers

SteveoBC
Premium Member

14th Apr 13 at 17:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mark.W
Morretes look spot on but feel MHW's are needed at the rear

Might fit some if a pair come up cheap but for the moment I'm quite happy with the rears iv got
NathanR

14th Apr 13 at 17:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Steve!! Seats look smart mate . Looks awesome with the morettes too! Oh offering passanger rides at coombe are we? It happens to be im coming with a helmet and buying a passanger band .
SteveoBC
Premium Member

14th Apr 13 at 17:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by NathanR
Steve!! Seats look smart mate . Looks awesome with the morettes too! Oh offering passanger rides at coombe are we? It happens to be im coming with a helmet and buying a passanger band .

First come first serve nath, saw your cage on fb looks fooking sweet bud
davegreen
Premium Member

14th Apr 13 at 17:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

your zorst does hang low at the back, sounds standard to at mk, nothing like as loud as my B.
nice seats btw
NathanR

14th Apr 13 at 18:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ideal . Be good to have a chat at coombe aswell ! Thanks dude .
SteveoBC
Premium Member

14th Apr 13 at 18:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just took for dad out for half an hour fucking pissed myself

Should have filmed it all he did was moan about the ride and then shit himself when I hit the loud pedal

Haha so worth putting a passenger seat in, although noticeably a bit slower with the fat git on board lol

[Edited on 14-04-2013 by SteveoBC]
tom_simes
Show Staff
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

User status: Online
14th Apr 13 at 21:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by tom_simes
quote:

Yeh it did turn up a while ago, there is a bracket missing, but should be able to get round it

What was missing? I sent everything I had, it was fitted to my Corsa for months as it was without problems
SteveoBC
Premium Member

14th Apr 13 at 22:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nothing major Tom, there's and extra bracket that you can bolt your harness to (well I have on on the passenger subframe anyway) but like I said it's no biggie, I got round it
SteveoBC
Premium Member

19th Apr 13 at 10:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just picked up a new exhaust manifold gasket and new copper nuts in prep for tomorrow

going to finally get around to fitting darryls old exhaust to mine, also bleed the brakes and get some new fluid in there as they are a bit spongy lately

plus done a deal with work, i work my saturday off to cover reception my boss in return will get one of the tech's to do teh work haha done (was only going to end up doing it myself anyway haha)

plus put a deposit down on mrsuttons old bbs wheels (pending fitting) and should pick these up sunday eve after a test fit (should be ok though)

more news over the next couple days
M Sutton

19th Apr 13 at 11:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Plans sound good mate! Be good to see your car on Sunday and fingers crossed the wheels should slot over your brakes ok
SteveoBC
Premium Member

20th Apr 13 at 15:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well.....fitted the exhaust but discovered we couldn't get the centre section to marry up flush to the exhaust manifold, so now it's blowing and I can't solve it

Sounds pretty raspy when revving low revs and maybe it's me but it feels like I've lost a bit of oomph :/

Not sure what to do I have no more time to get this sorted before Combe now I think I just come under the decibel level as well (used an iPhone app to check)
SteveoBC
Premium Member

20th Apr 13 at 15:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not sure if its worth taking it to an exhaust place and get them to weld a section in where the flange meets exhaust manifold

On the plus side the ground clearance is now excellent, no scraping on any speed bumps at all
M Sutton

20th Apr 13 at 17:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats abit rubbish mate, hope u can get it sorted easy enough! Are we still on for tomorrow?
SteveoBC
Premium Member

20th Apr 13 at 18:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeh still on mark had a really long drive home in the motorway, now iv had a chance to go on a full on run, the car still gets up to the same speeds it used to so think it was me being overly critical, plus can go so much quicker on A and B roads without the exhaust scraping! That cheered me up loads

Plus my mate stood at te road side while I booted it away from him, said it didn't sound bad at all and then he had a go while I stood at the roadside, sounded ok, think the rasp is just bad inside the car as no interior vibrates everything lol

So decided full custom stainless defo on the cards in the future now, but this will do for the moment

Warning to all passengers at Combe - bring ear defenders haha

SteveoBC
Premium Member

20th Apr 13 at 19:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some clean pics

Lol little something my parts manager whipped up for me front and rear when I wasn't looking

Parked up back at home still clean

*CorsaCal*

20th Apr 13 at 20:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks nice, I cant wait to give you a run for your money matey

<<  14    15    16    17    18    19    20  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » My budget track car *** now for sale** 24 database queries in 0.0221601 seconds