corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Induction Kit cold air feed

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Induction Kit cold air feed
deano87

User status: Offline
22nd Jan 08 at 08:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
Any chance to get your Dads M3 into a convo eh Deano?

I dunno, but I personally would never have one where. My ibiza air feed is at the top of the engine bay, as was the corsa's and clios?

No, it just seems to have every example of anything that crops up plus they are awesome cars

The point I was making that if a high performance car has it as standard, it must be ok?!
pow
Premium Member

22nd Jan 08 at 08:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I cant see any benifit or drawback to it being higher or lower, at the end of the day its sucking in air. Personally i'd prefer it out of the way of the "puddles" I drive though
Rich7585

1st Feb 08 at 12:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tbh people, call a spade a spade, fair enough it's fitted to a 3pot but who gives a roddents behind? it is a rediculously common mod, to whatever car, with whatever engine, on whatever budget.

We did that work on my drive and you should have seen the look on his face as he bounced down the road accellerating on std sus with this growly noise under the bonnet was like a child with a new toy! As everyone knows, louder = faster!!!

Pow/Envoy Ash:- Im no physicist but the cold air feed in that position shouldnt "suck up" air, as pete mentioned the diameter of the pipe and the lack of proximity to the filter would mean the engine would have to be demanding veyron style quantities of air to create a big enough vacum to draw air up that pipe, in my opinion the only way to get water up there would be driving too fast through a puddle and splashing it up there, which would/could happen with or without the feed pipe.
20valver
Banned

8th Oct 08 at 13:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the cold air feed pipe is touching the radiator hose would this not cause the cold air feed pipe to be preheated by the radiator hose,
does a loud induction sound mean more bhp and does a loud exhaust mean more bhp

[Edited on 08-10-2008 by 20valver]
Toby
Premium Member

8th Oct 08 at 13:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 20valver
the cold air feed pipe is touching the radiator hose would this not cause the cold air feed pipe to be preheated by the radiator hose,
does a loud induction sound mean more bhp and does a loud exhaust mean more bhp

[Edited on 08-10-2008 by 20valver]

the speed the air travels trhough that feed will be too quick for the pipe to warm it up.
dont get the last bit, but i dont believe the cold feed was there to aid achiving higher power, but just to stop it losing so much and reducing flat spots from heat soak
DannyB
Premium Member

8th Oct 08 at 14:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I knew 20valver would be the one that bumped this
deano87

8th Oct 08 at 18:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For everyone's info. Both my car (completely standard 12v) and Fonz's car (12v with cone filter, cold air feed, cat back exhaust) with similar mileage and of similar age achieved the same BHP on a rolling road, on the same day after each other. The only difference was a few more torque's on Fonz's. I guess this proves on a 'normal' engine these type of mods don't really achieve much.
Ellis

8th Oct 08 at 18:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Danny_v6
I knew 20valver would be the one that bumped this
Shock horror! It's long walks and short piers for him IMO
20valver
Banned

10th Oct 08 at 20:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by deano87
For everyone's info. Both my car (completely standard 12v) and Fonz's car (12v with cone filter, cold air feed, cat back exhaust) with similar mileage and of similar age achieved the same BHP on a rolling road, on the same day after each other. The only difference was a few more torque's on Fonz's. I guess this proves on a 'normal' engine these type of mods don't really achieve much.

on the dyno you need 120,000 cfm airflow being delivered by four 1 metre fans
this is to produce the same air flow as you would get on the road
James_H

10th Oct 08 at 23:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks good fonz, where did you get the air feed pipe from?
deano87

11th Oct 08 at 12:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 20valver
quote:
Originally posted by deano87

on the dyno you need 120,000 cfm airflow being delivered by four 1 metre fans
this is to produce the same air flow as you would get on the road

It makes no difference - it was the same environment for both cars.

Put all the fans you say in front of them, and they'd both increase accordingly imho.
Fonz
Premium Member

13th Oct 08 at 08:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

surely if it is known that 120000 cfm (can you clarify this unit) of airflow is required from 4 fans then one fan producing 480000cfm would suffice? :S

anyway as Dean said, the two cars were in the same environment so what does it matter?

James - read page 1 - all components were in the K&N box and tools included a knife (to cut the pipe to size) and a screw driver! additional parts only included a few zip ties
Gareth F

13th Oct 08 at 23:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Heres what ive just done

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll