corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Corsa Suspension Possible Problem.......

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa Suspension Possible Problem.......
Stoneyginger
Premium Member

User status: Offline
   4th Mar 07 at 17:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a 96p vauxhall corsa sport with a c20xe in it. Just recently when going round right hand corners the car has been stepping out almost at the front, on closer inspection their was some movement in the hub section ie the whole unit the wheel is bolted onto. When moving i noticed movement from side to side at the top of the strut on my Bilstein Yellow dampers. though i'm not 100% sure what movement should be there. is it possible that the top part that was bolted onto the bilstiens is worn out? to give such movement? feels like the front left wheel is moving about when driving though i have changed teh bottom ball joints last weekend and everything else is tight and movement free! any ideas or advice would be greatly appreciated
Robin
Premium Member

4th Mar 07 at 17:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wheel bearing or topmount I reckon.
Stoneyginger
Premium Member

4th Mar 07 at 17:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thing is i can move the whole area the wheel is bolted onto with out the wheel on so it must be the top mount in some way going to take it to bits tomorrow and rebuild it with a newer top mount from another corsa
Robin
Premium Member

4th Mar 07 at 18:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

double check the bottom ball joints too, might be that they've come a bit loose, which would result in the same thing (from what I can make out)
ainsley_brader

4th Mar 07 at 18:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

where the bottom ball joint goes into the hub the hubs can oval out this would give the effect you have!
Stoneyginger
Premium Member

4th Mar 07 at 18:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the bottom ball joints are definately bolted on tight i double checked them this morning and they seem to be holding perfectly, i'll try the suspension top mount tomorrow and check the condition of the shock itself and get back to you all
Stoneyginger
Premium Member

5th Mar 07 at 09:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anyone else?
Stoneyginger
Premium Member

5th Mar 07 at 23:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ainsley_brader
where the bottom ball joint goes into the hub the hubs can oval out this would give the effect you have!

you were right on the money with what was wrong mate
ainsley_brader

6th Mar 07 at 18:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

been there done it!

Sadly mine arent std so ball ache to replace!

[Edited on 06-03-2007 by ainsley_brader]

New Poll