corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » corsa suspension

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author corsa suspension
goodfellow

User status: Offline
14th Jun 05 at 09:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

rite i want to put 17's on my corsa as with the 15's i have on at the moment my bodykit sits about 1 inch off the floor.

the problem i got is that my arches have been filled to the car and if the wheel hits they will crack so i need the best ofset of wheel can get and the stiffest suspension possible i am on a budget of about £200 i've already lowered it 40mm will this need to be made 35mm or not.
goodfellow

14th Jun 05 at 11:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i also had a reply from a website that sell alloys.

i asked them how much a bk racing set of wheels would cost without tyres but they have to be as close to et49 as possible.

the replied back sayin that et49 only relates to the corsa's with steel wheels and the alloys have to be et40.am i correct by thinkin this is total bollocks or are they rite.
Tom_1.216v

14th Jun 05 at 12:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not sure, but as there wider than stellie's they may rub against suspenion
goodfellow

14th Jun 05 at 13:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was under the impression that et45 or higher will b ok for 17's on a 40mm drop.yet i'm bein told by this site that et40 has to b the offset cause they are alloy.
glennpanton

14th Jun 05 at 18:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

depends on the width due to wider rim will need lower offset so does rubb inner part or arch!
ed

14th Jun 05 at 21:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by goodfellow
i also had a reply from a website that sell alloys.

i asked them how much a bk racing set of wheels would cost without tyres but they have to be as close to et49 as possible.

the replied back sayin that et49 only relates to the corsa's with steel wheels and the alloys have to be et40.am i correct by thinkin this is total bollocks or are they rite.
They lie. They are saying that because no one really makes ET 49 alloys. ET 49 is the ideal offset, 45 is good, 42 you can live with the odd bump every now and then, onec you get past 40 you're probably going to need to get trimming the arches away. Though there are people who say thwy have ET 38's and have no troubles. The only way to find out is to give them a go i'm affraid.
goodfellow

15th Jun 05 at 08:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i've been offered some konig e racers off a mate who dont want them after he fitted them to his ibiza.the offset is et45 and the pcd is 4x100 so they will fit on rite.

they are also 17's take it i wont need to trim my arches on a 40mm drop.
Jake

15th Jun 05 at 09:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh those rims should be ok. The company you emailed is bullshitting you
goodfellow

15th Jun 05 at 09:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i thought that cause every other company i emailed has said that et45 will be ok.

i thought that it was wrong cause surely the offset has to stay the same no matter what wheels ur puttin on.

New Poll