corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Calling all people with lowered suspension on a Corsa C......

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Calling all people with lowered suspension on a Corsa C......
CorsaSXi16v

User status: Offline
24th May 03 at 19:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi
We've just fitted Koni Suspension to my car today, the car has 17's and when we were taking it for a drive after fitting we noticed the wheels catching slightly on the arches, moreso on one side. Has anyone else experienced this problem? When we returned to the driveway the passengerside wheel had actually chewed the edge of the inner arch
I know that over time it'll just wear it down however does anyone know of any way to fix the problem before it eats the whole arch and some of my tread!
Thanks in advance
Susan
Mikeboy

24th May 03 at 19:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What's it lowered by ?
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

24th May 03 at 19:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

correct wheels?

how hard was it to fit the koni suspension and how much it cost?
Dave Hay

24th May 03 at 20:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i fitted my koni suspension today and its easy

pretty damn low tho - you may need to have some arch work done to accomodate wheels. sounds like offset of wheels dont agree with how much its lowered by.
SLSXi

24th May 03 at 20:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh as said, whats the offset of your 17's?
CorsaSXi16v

24th May 03 at 20:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the wheels are 45mm offset, the kit lowers it about 35-40mm and cost £325 from Larkspeed in Leeds.
It was pretty easy to fit, apart from having to cut the original damper out of the strut and drilling the bottom of the strut. Finding a 14mm dril bit was the hardest part tho!
corsa C ya

25th May 03 at 09:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Try taking the front splash sheilds out if that dont sort tap out the wing where the arch bolts on apply the same to rear
glasgow_corsa_c

25th May 03 at 09:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CorsaSXi16v
the wheels are 45mm offset, the kit lowers it about 35-40mm and cost £325 from Larkspeed in Leeds.
It was pretty easy to fit, apart from having to cut the original damper out of the strut and drilling the bottom of the strut. Finding a 14mm dril bit was the hardest part tho!

i got 17inch dare v2s with 40 mm drop and my rear drivers side arch is catching on the tyre when i get bumps or dips in the road. i get the same on the front if i hit really big dips at speed but i'mnot bothered by that, jsut bothered by the tyre cathing on the one arch at the rear. it seens to have chewed a bit of the plastic arch away and is more down the side than at the top of the arch.
glasgow_corsa_c

25th May 03 at 12:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

incase i got folk confused, if u look at my wheel straight on and imagin its a clock face, the tyre hits my arch at about between 2 & 3 o'clock.

andysxi1978

25th May 03 at 14:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi,
How does it ride now its lowered?
philly willy

25th May 03 at 15:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i thought the corsa C was more lowering friendly that the corsa B?
To be honest as long at the offset is bigger than et42 u shudnt have any probs????
glasgow_corsa_c

25th May 03 at 16:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by philly willy
i thought the corsa C was more lowering friendly that the corsa B?
To be honest as long at the offset is bigger than et42 u shudnt have any probs????

my offset is 45 and its lowered 40mm but it sits realy low!
CorsaSXi16v

25th May 03 at 18:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I find it handles lots better, I've only got them on 1 full turn on the front and half a turn on the back. It's solid but still fairly comfortable, not trashy or too harsh. I've been out and parked next to a standard sxi, by god it doesn't half look low.
I'm gonna take the trims off the fronts tomorrow and cut away a bit of the inner arch, see if that helps.
Glasgow_corsa_c where abouts in the town are you from, I'm originally from Glasgow, or the outskirts anyway.

Cheers to all
S
mtcmedia

25th May 03 at 19:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hey all, im lowered 40mm, cost me £70 for the springs, APEX I think?

Got 17" BK wheels, and yeah I got the exact same problems! When I go into a corner, or into big bumps I hear a creaking/rubbing noise from mainly the rear, but sometimes the front too! Cant see any signs of rubbing, but very annoying! Car still has the guards in the arches, what is the solution to this???
mtcmedia

25th May 03 at 19:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

actually, any real weight in the car at all, and corners at more than half lock I seem to get creaking/rubbing?!?!
Andy4B

25th May 03 at 22:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep I get the creaking at the back.
glasgow_corsa_c

26th May 03 at 13:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I find it handles lots better, I've only got them on 1 full turn on the front and half a turn on the back. It's solid but still fairly comfortable, not trashy or too harsh. I've been out and parked next to a standard sxi, by god it doesn't half look low.
I'm gonna take the trims off the fronts tomorrow and cut away a bit of the inner arch, see if that helps.
Glasgow_corsa_c where abouts in the town are you from, I'm originally from Glasgow, or the outskirts anyway.

Cheers to all
S

I'm from Kirkintilloch on outskirts, kinda near Cumbernauld mate.

where u from ??
CorsaSXi16v

27th May 03 at 20:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ermm I'm originally from Milton of Campsie, two mins from Kirky! What've you done to you're corsa? My dad mentioned seeing one at Burger King in Bishopbriggs and Halfords there too, he said it looked mint, maybe it was yours.
I'm up about every three - four weeks, will probably see you cruisin about!
glasgow_corsa_c

28th May 03 at 16:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Ermm I'm originally from Milton of Campsie, two mins from Kirky! What've you done to you're corsa? My dad mentioned seeing one at Burger King in Bishopbriggs and Halfords there too, he said it looked mint, maybe it was yours.
I'm up about every three - four weeks, will probably see you cruisin about!

it was probably a black one he saw.

Mine will have by the time u see it, psg front, psg rear, esp sideskirts, rally spoiler, colourcoded (arches, handles, wiper arm) M3 indicator mirrors, gloss black roofrails, smooth boot, de-badged, rub strips removed, Dropped on 40 mm springs but is sittin at about 50 ish, 17" Dare V2 alloys.......

wjere u stay thge now mate??

New Poll