corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Raced a saxo driver, I was the prick, hands up.........yeah right.

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Raced a saxo driver, I was the prick, hands up.........yeah right.
Makarus

User status: Offline
26th Sep 03 at 00:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well, more of a prick than he looked already.

It was last night, just cruising along minding my own business with a car full of people on my way to pick up..........some........erm.........plants

Well I was coming down a slight hill, pretty straight with a good view into the distance. He was behind me obviously.

Doing about 35mph happy enough. Then next thing I know this Saxo comes past. Instead of him waiting to be able to see down the hill he pulled out just before the brow of it, bit stupid if you ask me. I had a look at it and decided it really wasn't pulling away that much to say it was obvious he was nailing it due to the sound it was making. So I put my foot down, started to pull a little and off I went following him, he over took someone so I did the same, he over took someone else so I followed again, by this time I had caught right up with him nearly in his boot. He decided to give me a brake test but that didnt put me off at all because as soon as I saw his brake lights down a gear I went and went along side him. Gave him a nice little grin and dropped back in behind him, sitting up his arse a little more, now he seemed to be panicing.

I backed off a bit and let him go round the corner ahead at his own pace but I booted it through as much as I could, by the time we came out the corner I was right up his arse again with him not looking too happy, I backed off one more time and then dropped a gear again and caught up with him, he must of thought I was going to smash into him because I got stupidly close, but then i just pulled off down a side street and off I tootled to go get my herb.

Cant wait to see him again. Should have some more fun, will be better with just me in the car, or maybe me and a mate so we can both laugh at him.

Dunno what engine he must have had, I have a 1.2 8v which as you all know is slow, I was thinking a 1.1 had the VTS/VTR arches and had a after market rear bumper, the shit one with the massive gap in the middle bottom like something is missing.

Well thought you might like to know.

[Edited on 26-09-2003 by Makarus]

mav

26th Sep 03 at 00:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what about a furio..what engine in them..?

To be honest m8 he probably thought look at this prick in the corsa...
Makarus

26th Sep 03 at 00:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah he may have thought that, but fact is he was the one who started acting like a prick, when he came past me it really wasn't that safe, if he had waited about 20m he could have seen down the hill but he took me on the brow of it, sorry forgot to mention that in the first post.
mav

26th Sep 03 at 00:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes u did forget....

That ok then...
Makarus

26th Sep 03 at 00:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Now I can sleep well tonight that I have your approval Mav.
mav

26th Sep 03 at 00:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good lad....
kerzo

26th Sep 03 at 00:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is the furio not a 1.4 8v??? that was really smart by the way racing him so close...how many points do you have???
sxi boy

26th Sep 03 at 00:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the furio is 75bhp 1.4 8v
i would think its more likely to be a 1.1 8v but they used to stay with my corsa 1.2 16v so maybe it was a diesel
Makarus

26th Sep 03 at 00:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have none at this moment.

The fact is when your racing someone on a road that you can see down clearly if you have a clue on how to drive you look ahead of you at the car infront and you also look ahead of them to see if there are any hazards.

Its not like I sat right up his arse constantly, if you read it you will realise that I kept backing off, I aint stupid enought to tail gate him right up close.
Makarus

26th Sep 03 at 00:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dunno though, every 1.1 I have raced (knowing they are 1.1's because of the badge on the side) I have beat, some in road races and some off the lights, but never lost to one.

Also beat a west coast, really dont know how, think he must have fucked a gear change or something.
kerzo

26th Sep 03 at 00:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you said yourself you were stupidly close....what a prick!!
Makarus

26th Sep 03 at 00:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You silly little boy, are you incapable of reading, I quote "he must of thought I was going to smash into him because I got stupidly close, but then i just pulled off down a side street and off I tootled to go get my herb."

Now the way I read that is that I got close to him but pulled off straight away, so infact I was only really close to him for a second at most but I had my manouver planned so it was entirely safe.

For example, have you ever got close up to someone so you can squeeze past a gap they have left when turning right for example??? Picture that, then think about what I am trying to say.
kerzo

26th Sep 03 at 00:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right and what speed was this at??? entirely safe??? i think not...while making the saxo driver look like a prick you made yourself look like one as well
sxi boy

26th Sep 03 at 00:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i cant see how you could be beating a 1.1 saxo when my sxi only just used to beat them and that used to laugh at 1.2 8v's
Makarus

26th Sep 03 at 01:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I made the saxo driver look like a prick because he had to over take dangerously on a blind hill where as I had full control of the car when I was doing so, over taking when it was clear to do so and such like.

This was at approximatly 40-45mph, safe because as I said I was only close to him for a short amount of time before I pulled off, the whole intention of the manouver was to pull of down the side street I just frightened him a little before I did so.

Question me all you want on how accurate my statement is regarding the 1.1 saxo, but I have never lost to one off the lights, and I have never even had one keep near to me on the twisties.
sxi boy

26th Sep 03 at 01:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Makarus
Question me all you want on how accurate my statement is regarding the 1.1 saxo, but I have never lost to one off the lights, and I have never even had one keep near to me on the twisties.

pmsl a corsa wont outhandle a saxo FFS
Makarus

26th Sep 03 at 01:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The way I look at it I dont tend to race unless someone tries to show off, and then I have to have a little go at them myself.

He caming flying past me like an absolute nob, over taking dangerously and such like, when I followed I made sure I was doing it safely. Even though I was close to him at times I knew I had the situation under control, and we aint talking normal 1.2 8V brakes, were talking 256mm 2.0 16V brake setup with grooved EBC disks and EBC Green stuff pads. A bit of stopping power. My reactions are good also, and when you think about it, if 2 people are racing in seperate cars the one in front aint gonna brake unless he has to and if I am watching the road in front of him I get as much notice as him as to if we are going to have to slow down.

I have had people tail gate me before, and I mean proper tail gating sitting right up my arse for a good mile just to piss me off. Now thats dangerous for that amount of time, but like I said in my original post I got close and then backed off its not as if I was following him right up close for any real period of time. All in I would say I spent about 5 seconds up close to him in total.
Makarus

26th Sep 03 at 01:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

SXi Boy dont be thick, I am talking about my Corsa. Not standard Corsa. Decked 60mm on 15's full suspension kit also.

Now tell me my car wont out handle a saxo, even one thats been lowered, I have raced one that has been lowered, dunno how much by, a fried of a friend thing, and I left him down the country lanes.

You really dont know shit do you??
sxi boy

26th Sep 03 at 01:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i know enough to know that a 1.1 saxo will beat a pitiful 45bhp corsa 1.2 8v
sxi boy

26th Sep 03 at 01:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how old are you makarus?
mav

26th Sep 03 at 01:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I luv arguments or heated debates..

Off for lunch keep goin and i'll read when I get back..

Cheers lads....
kerzo

26th Sep 03 at 01:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Cant wait to see him again. Should have some more fun, will be better with just me in the car, or maybe me and a mate so we can both laugh at him.

he is probably telling his mates this same story and laughing about a 1.poo 8v chasing him

basically you think you are invincible with your good reactions and 2ltr brakes?? what happens if a dog or fox runs across the road in front of the other guy and he slams on the brakes??? you would most likely be sitting beside him!! EXPECT THE UNEXPECTED you never know what's round the corner
sxi boy

26th Sep 03 at 01:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
SXi Boy dont be thick, I am talking about my Corsa. Not standard Corsa. Decked 60mm on 15's full suspension kit also.

o your corsa sorry

forgive me for not paying enough attention to your pitiful little life mate
Makarus

26th Sep 03 at 01:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont talk bollox, expect the fucking unexpected, how the fuck can you do that because then surely the unexpected is then expecting meaning there is nothing unexpected meaning there is nothing to expect you fool.

I dont think I am invincible, but if either of you little boys took the time to actually read anything you would under stand that like I have said many times now that I was only close to him for about a maximum of 5 seconds out of about 40-50 seconds of driving, and the only time I got close was when I knew I was pulling of straight away as I got close to him.

He could well be telling his mates the story and laughing about a 1.poo chasing him, but fact is that I had the power to sit up his arse, I didnt stay there I just demonstrated this too him.

Also SXI twat, before you start making comments why dont you actually think about the fact that the chances the car is standard are slim. I dont expect you to pay any attention to my life you sad child, I expect you to think before you start typing. Not much to ask is it, so infuture engage your brain before spouting shit.

I am 18 for all its worth, also you obviously know jack shit, on book a 1.1 saxo should beat me I agree, I dont know why I have never lost to a 1.1 but I know that I have raced one at least 4 times, with different drivers all definatly racing me.
Makarus

26th Sep 03 at 01:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I do agree that a corsa wont out handle a saxo standard for standard but like I have already said my car aint standard, so that has to be taken into account.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Raced a saxo driver, I was the prick, hands up.........yeah right. 22 database queries in 0.0394020 seconds