corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Raced a saxo driver, I was the prick, hands up.........yeah right.

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Raced a saxo driver, I was the prick, hands up.........yeah right.
MattyB

User status: Offline
26th Sep 03 at 12:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i wish i could race a saxo
Marc

26th Sep 03 at 12:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i raced a car once, well i say once...
sxi boy

26th Sep 03 at 13:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SXi_Si_2002
quote:
Originally posted by sxi boy
quote:
Originally posted by Makarus
SXi Boy dont be thick, I am talking about my Corsa. Not standard Corsa. Decked 60mm on 15's full suspension kit also.

o your corsa sorry

forgive me for not paying enough attention to your pitiful little life mate

This all seems a very long winded argument, is there any point??? SXi boy, for someone not paying enough attention to his pitiful little life you are putting alot of effort into prevoking and carrying on the pointless debate, the guy is just telling us something, if you dont agree say so and leave it at that. makarus, respect others views if they are valid. there aint alot of point waisting time on this sh*t. i however have shite loads of time as i have got to stay at work till the early hours!

[Edited on 26-09-2003 by SXi_Si_2002]

well when the lad decided to throw childish little insults at me for questioning him then i got a little pissed off ok, there was no need for any of the shite he gave me.

i will say this and then leave it:

my corsa 1.2 16v sxi only just beat saxo 1.1's, and yet my corsa was able to piss all over 1.2 8v's.

next time u decide to try it on with another car m8, i think its best that u check that they're trying aswell
Sam
Premium Member

26th Sep 03 at 13:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
It was last night, just cruising along minding my own business with a car full of people on my way to pick up..........some........erm.........plants

LMAO!
M2RTY

26th Sep 03 at 13:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

:lol; @ this thread

thats why corsa drivers have a bad rep
sxi boy

26th Sep 03 at 13:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my corsa had a hard life......bless her
Gambit

26th Sep 03 at 13:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sxi boy
my corsa had a hard life......bless her

so's your ma
sxi boy

26th Sep 03 at 13:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh mate she died a few yrs ago
Cybermonkey

27th Sep 03 at 08:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

DING DING! CONVERSATION KILLER!!!
Gav S

27th Sep 03 at 10:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

jesus christ @ this thread!
L330wnz

18th Jun 04 at 14:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fucking old thread but stumbled across it... friggin' classic
Paul_J

18th Jun 04 at 15:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1.2 8v pff... He should have some SXI power under his hood, then he'd get some respect

I must admit though, I hate the way people post 'No you didn't beat the saxo' as at the end of the day, markus wouldn't just post a made up story...

However, its possible the saxo was not giving it his all because he was worried about camera's or something...

Or maybe, the reason you beat him is this... It was downhill, Saxo is a light car, he was on his own... You have a heavy corsa with passengers = v.heavy...

Chances are your extra weight would of been helping you out a bit
vibrio
Banned

18th Jun 04 at 15:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Well, more of a prick than he looked already.

It was last night, just cruising along minding my own business with a car full of people on my way to pick up..........some........erm.........plants

Well I was coming down a slight hill, pretty straight with a good view into the distance. He was behind me obviously.

Doing about 35mph happy enough. Then next thing I know this Saxo comes past. Instead of him waiting to be able to see down the hill he pulled out just before the brow of it, bit stupid if you ask me. I had a look at it and decided it really wasn't pulling away that much to say it was obvious he was nailing it due to the sound it was making. So I put my foot down, started to pull a little and off I went following him, he over took someone so I did the same, he over took someone else so I followed again, by this time I had caught right up with him nearly in his boot. He decided to give me a brake test but that didnt put me off at all because as soon as I saw his brake lights down a gear I went and went along side him. Gave him a nice little grin and dropped back in behind him, sitting up his arse a little more, now he seemed to be panicing.

I backed off a bit and let him go round the corner ahead at his own pace but I booted it through as much as I could, by the time we came out the corner I was right up his arse again with him not looking too happy, I backed off one more time and then dropped a gear again and caught up with him, he must of thought I was going to smash into him because I got stupidly close, but then i just pulled off down a side street and off I tootled to go get my herb.

Cant wait to see him again. Should have some more fun, will be better with just me in the car, or maybe me and a mate so we can both laugh at him.

Dunno what engine he must have had, I have a 1.2 8v which as you all know is slow, I was thinking a 1.1 had the VTS/VTR arches and had a after market rear bumper, the shit one with the massive gap in the middle bottom like something is missing.

Well thought you might like to know.

[Edited on 26-09-2003 by Makarus]

PMSL no wonder corsa/saxo owners get a reputation for being cocks
rollin

18th Jun 04 at 16:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

many problems here in that even a 1.1 saxo will leave a 1.2 8v for dead secondly the fact that you were 4 up makes this even more strange then theres the fact a saxo WILL outhandle your corsa unless its standard sax vs modded corsa, i just dont seem to believe this story,
dont worry im not bigging up saxos but facts are a 1.2 8v corsa (i used to have one) simply wont gain as u have said u did on any saxo
Paul_J

18th Jun 04 at 16:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by rollin
many problems here in that even a 1.1 saxo will leave a 1.2 8v for dead secondly the fact that you were 4 up makes this even more strange

It was downhill, so the weight will be a bonus, not a negative...

quote:
then theres the fact a saxo WILL outhandle your corsa unless its standard sax vs modded corsa, i just dont seem to believe this story,
dont worry im not bigging up saxos but facts are a 1.2 8v corsa (i used to have one) simply wont gain as u have said u did on any saxo

He said his car was on a 60mm full suspension kit and saxo was standard.
Black Corsa SRi

18th Jun 04 at 16:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
quote:
Originally posted by Gambit
1.2 8v Corsa & 1.1 8v Saxo racing at the 40-45mph LMFAO

imagine if you where a car following them, you need to pull over and stop because you'd be laughin so hard at them

nothing better to brighten up my friday morning, fukin hilarious

EXACTLY what I was thinking!!

PMSL at this post!!!

same here! LOL i always get people in 1.1's and 1.2's tryin to race me I just let em go past, let them go telling their mates they beat an SRi they make themselves look stupid cause its obvious if i wanted to i could have raced and beaten them but why risk killing myself for a pointless race!, i think its cause SOME people in cars with small engines think that they've got something to prove, hardly ever get other faster cars trying to race me and even then i dotn bother with it racing on public highways is not worth it

[Edited on 18-06-2004 by Black Corsa SRi]
nik

18th Jun 04 at 16:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is there anything a 1.2 8v can beat?
rollin

18th Jun 04 at 16:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the weight would be a bonus yes but it wouldnt simply pull like mad as he slipped down a cog these things have hardly any go let alone with 4up, secondly 40mm my bad but its not gonna have noticeably better handling and as for speed it certainly wont be faster dont get me wrong i prefer corsas to saxas and have owned both but i just dont believe this is correct
Marc

18th Jun 04 at 16:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They beat most scoobys, evos, hondas etc
MarkM

18th Jun 04 at 16:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What a w@nker for posting this...
nik

18th Jun 04 at 16:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
They beat most scoobys, evos, hondas etc

I know this but I mean real cars not shitty slow things
Dan B

18th Jun 04 at 18:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Well, more of a prick than he looked already.

Well I was coming down a slight hill, pretty straight with a good view into the distance. He was behind me obviously.

Doing about 35mph happy enough. Then next thing I know this Saxo comes past. Instead of him waiting to be able to see down the hill he pulled out just before the brow of it, bit stupid if you ask me. I had a look at it and decided it really wasn't pulling away that much to say it was obvious he was nailing it due to the sound it was making. So I put my foot down, started to pull a little and off I went following him, he over took someone so I did the same, he over took someone else so I followed again, by this time I had caught right up with him nearly in his boot. He decided to give me a brake test but that didnt put me off at all because as soon as I saw his brake lights down a gear I went and went along side him. Gave him a nice little grin and dropped back in behind him, sitting up his arse a little more, now he seemed to be panicing.

I backed off a bit and let him go round the corner ahead at his own pace but I booted it through as much as I could, by the time we came out the corner I was right up his arse again with him not looking too happy, I backed off one more time and then dropped a gear again and caught up with him, he must of thought I was going to smash into him because I got stupidly close, but then i just pulled off down a side street and off I tootled to go get my herb.

Cant wait to see him again. Should have some more fun, will be better with just me in the car, or maybe me and a mate so we can both laugh at him.

Dunno what engine he must have had, I have a 1.2 8v which as you all know is slow, I was thinking a 1.1 had the VTS/VTR arches and had a after market rear bumper, the shit one with the massive gap in the middle bottom like something is missing.

Well thought you might like to know.

Redcorsa69

18th Jun 04 at 18:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just a tad petty boys Makarus was tellin a story, which was entertain me while i had a smoke! U tend to get told off on here by certain people if u dont drive like a granny
Brett
Premium Member

18th Jun 04 at 22:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hahaha well cracked me up. Just had to say

I must say ... since gettin a saxo i find a lot of corsas wanting to race me.
When I had a corsa i never sat at lights revving my engine? (but then again i only had a 1.2....but so do these guys ) I love you all! oh...and your 5" bore exhausts

[Edited on 18-06-2004 by loafofbrett]
Brett
Premium Member

18th Jun 04 at 22:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Redcorsa69
just a tad petty boys Makarus was tellin a story, which was entertain me while i had a smoke! U tend to get told off on here by certain people if u dont drive like a granny

now now... just cause u got bollocked the other week for your speed camera stunt

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Raced a saxo driver, I was the prick, hands up.........yeah right. 22 database queries in 0.2071271 seconds