corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » lowering 60mm, *update* NOW DONE and rubbing on 14" wheels?! too low @ front?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author lowering 60mm, *update* NOW DONE and rubbing on 14" wheels?! too low @ front?
lozacorsa

User status: Offline
21st Feb 07 at 20:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mate i had the exact same kit as your 60ml all round on 1.6 16v corsa sport.. The front was too low like yours i drove to london from brisol.. Had 2 blowouts on the front where wheels were rubbing on a full load LOL! Got some Speedline 15's with 45 tyres and it was even worse! After about 700 miles the back was settled tho and was sat at exactly the right height but the front was getting worse! so i took it all apart and the front sus was 40VA20L which is app is for corsa's up to 1.4 but they do a 1.5TD which has to be the about the same as the 1.6 weight wise.. I changed them for apex front 60mm and it was fine! Didnt understand it.. Sold the front sus to my mate and he put them on his 1.4 and they were fine!
Stokie Dave

22nd Feb 07 at 00:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

odd that is lol i'll run it for a bit longer then maybe swap the front for something else or a 40mm gmax setup lol unless i just get 40mm gmax springs and keep my current shocks?
Stokie Dave

18th May 07 at 23:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got 40mm springs on the way now but...

strange question but my front springs couldnt possibly be... UPSIDE DOWN could they?!

[Edited on 18-05-2007 by Stokie Dave]
Arctic_Monkey

18th May 07 at 23:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have u had your arches rolled or anything? De-bolted? Not sure about the springs being upside down mate, wouldn't of thought so
Stokie Dave

19th May 07 at 10:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no not rolled or debolted it doesnt catch them, just a bit further in on the plastic arch lining stuff

getting raised anyway but i am not sure if putting springs in upside down (if possible?!) will indeed effect the ride height?! lol just a random thought i had.
supermike

20th May 07 at 10:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats weird my car is lowered 60mm, looks lower at the front and miles lower at the back, i have Corsa C SXi Wheels with 195/45 tyres and it doesnt catch anywhere, IIRC my old Fox Alloys were ET42 and they didnt catch either
drbeansri

20th May 07 at 11:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mines getting lowerd 40mm 2nite... wud i have probs with 195.45 tyres on et49 alloys
supermike

20th May 07 at 11:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

na never man, i have mine lowered 60mm, altho it looks a lot lower and even with my ET42 wheels with 195/45 tyres it didnt rub!, So u have no hoping hell with it lowered only 40mm, well i shud hope it dosnt rub
corsamat

20th May 07 at 20:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lowered my 1.4i corsa b 60mm wth gmax and mine sits low at the front altough the back isnt to far off apart from exahust bracket banging had no probelms at all, well pleased handles so well, well worth the 60mm drop my cambers out alot but nothing to bad, mind you im running 13's :-)
Stokie Dave

20th May 07 at 22:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got 40mm gmax springs on way now so fronts getting swapped its too impractical now and the handlings not that good on TIGHT corners IMO, be better with front up a bit, hoping it'll level @ 50mm as they're moreso meant for the smaller engined cars

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll