corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Index page1 Monster rebuild update BREAKING FOR PARTS!!!! SEE PAGE 1 FOR ADVERT LINK

New Poll
  <<  6    7    8    9    10    11    12  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Index page1 Monster rebuild update BREAKING FOR PARTS!!!! SEE PAGE 1 FOR ADVERT LINK
AK

User status: Offline
24th Aug 06 at 15:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

79.5 slipper omega's

PIST-OM79.05SLS £505.60
Jambo

24th Aug 06 at 15:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

holy fucking shit batman
Robin
Premium Member

24th Aug 06 at 16:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whats the difference between the 2 cranks? big end size?
AK

24th Aug 06 at 16:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not too sure, the crk4 is only detailed..

Part No. Description Stroke Weight
CRK-4 Ultra light weight crank shaft 1.6L 16V 81.50mm 11kg
Robin
Premium Member

24th Aug 06 at 16:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

11kg
broster
Premium Member

24th Aug 06 at 16:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sbd prices are lots and lots
AK

24th Aug 06 at 16:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yup

I spent over 1k on just head parts !!!! feck

go for a 1.7 build..

larger stroke crank and 80mm pistons

No real extra cost in building, just maybe block destroying if anything happens!

Blocks arent really expensive to buy and re-bore though if it comes to it
ed

24th Aug 06 at 17:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't think you'll see a custom crank like that cheaper anywhere else. Have you seen cranks being made It costs thousands just to make the tooling for them
broster
Premium Member

24th Aug 06 at 18:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ed, i know a man who gets them cheaper

dont want to go into to much detail on the engine side of things just yet, want to do a final list before i say anything
broster
Premium Member

24th Aug 06 at 18:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.i2imotorsport.fotopic.net/p33127497.html

nice pic

[Edited on 24-08-2006 by broster]
ckallis500

24th Aug 06 at 20:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a lad on mig is running a 16xe in his nova, over 200bhp rev limit of 9500rpm, only using forged pistons and steel rods, standard crank is suposidly plenty good enough, over 10k rpm is achievable with std crank but needs dry sump system... his nova was the red one with white wheels (620kg's) on the cover ov TV several months back.

what are you after for your 288 cams, and whats needed to fit them? i.e do they need any mods done to the head/valve springs/caps, and how deep would the pistons need pocketing? cheers chris
broster
Premium Member

24th Aug 06 at 21:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i san totally standard everything bar arp rod bolts, and 2mm pockets in the pistons. granted you dont want to rev to 9k for to long lol!

been doing alot of reading on what different parts can take, i want it ot be bomb proof.. not much will stay standard
ed

24th Aug 06 at 21:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did your crank break? After cutting up a few cranks to see the differences in them dpending on manufacturing techniques I would be astounded if even a cast one broke
broster
Premium Member

25th Aug 06 at 06:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no it didnt
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

25th Aug 06 at 08:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ckallis500
a lad on mig is running a 16xe in his nova, over 200bhp rev limit of 9500rpm, only using forged pistons and steel rods, standard crank is suposidly plenty good enough, over 10k rpm is achievable with std crank but needs dry sump system... his nova was the red one with white wheels (620kg's) on the cover ov TV several months back.

what are you after for your 288 cams, and whats needed to fit them? i.e do they need any mods done to the head/valve springs/caps, and how deep would the pistons need pocketing? cheers chris

yes, thats lee's nova. was at billing on the novatech stand. one of my favoirite cars runs around 200bhp
bieransri

25th Aug 06 at 16:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pics and spec of said nova?
broster
Premium Member

25th Aug 06 at 18:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

engine is now out and sat in the engine room at work, awaiting me to strip it tomorrow after a rolling road day, ill also truck wash the engine bay and cut some shite out of it.

its messy in their, oil and bits of metal everywhere! holes in block are impressive!

priced up dry sump kit today, got a cracking deal so ill be purchasing that within the next two weeks. then its crank rods and pistons, get the bottom end built up. leave it a while till i get some money to sort the head! im getting excited now! going to be rompus
Robin
Premium Member

25th Aug 06 at 18:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

take the headlights and bonnet off, and leave it in your garage for ages, then you can be just like me
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

25th Aug 06 at 18:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

broster look very carefully tomorrow, you might find a job for robmarriott in there
dhdev

25th Aug 06 at 18:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ckallis500

620kgs I'd like to see proof
dhdev

25th Aug 06 at 18:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

BTW im getting very jealous broster, can't wait till you reveal final specs
Robin
Premium Member

25th Aug 06 at 18:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think there should be a full build diary with lots of pics on SBXE.com.

please.
dhdev

25th Aug 06 at 18:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Be nice to see anything new on SBXE.com TBH !
Robin
Premium Member

25th Aug 06 at 18:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes... get it done Mark
ckallis500

25th Aug 06 at 20:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
620kgs I'd like to see proof

well my last corsa was stripped out with 17's and c16xe and weighed 820kg's. lee's nova has carbon doors, fibreglass boot and bonnet, and the fact its a nova it only weighs about 800kg's standard... no reason why its not going to be around that weight..

<<  6    7    8    9    10    11    12  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Index page1 Monster rebuild update BREAKING FOR PARTS!!!! SEE PAGE 1 FOR ADVERT LINK 23 database queries in 0.7394600 seconds