corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Sunday League 2006/2007 Thread

New Poll
  <<  26    27    28    29    30    31    32  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The Sunday League 2006/2007 Thread
gianluigi

User status: Offline
26th Mar 07 at 08:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we won 3-2 against the team that put us put of the cup....we went 2-0 down. i played well
messham11

26th Mar 07 at 09:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We lost in the semi-final of the league cup 1-0. Same score as when we played them a few weeks ago. They're an awesome side though and we fought hard but they've so much quality.

2 league games left although we only expect to play one of them
nik

28th Mar 07 at 20:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lost 1-0 tonight at home to Pagham We rue the missed chances as this game should have had a different outcome.

I'm personally gutted (and sore!) had a heavy whack on my ankle after 35 mins, tried to play on for 5 in the 2nd but had to come off. I'm struggling to walk, ankles swollen up and I'm fearing there could be a cracked bone
MarkM

28th Mar 07 at 21:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nik
Lost 1-0 tonight at home to Pagham We rue the missed chances as this game should have had a different outcome.

I'm personally gutted (and sore!) had a heavy whack on my ankle after 35 mins, tried to play on for 5 in the 2nd but had to come off. I'm struggling to walk, ankles swollen up and I'm fearing there could be a cracked bone

This is exactly what happened to me....and 7 weeks on im still not playing...tried to last week...had to come off afer 10 mins as I felt pain again...could hardly walk the next day...think its a ligament problem but when I flex my ankle it clicks and there is a sharp pain from the bone

[Edited on 28-03-2007 by MarkM]
nik

29th Mar 07 at 08:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Still in so much pain and can't really walk, trip to a+e later I think
messham11

30th Mar 07 at 10:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No game sunday. Final game is scheduled for Tuesday 10th April against the team thats bottom. Going to do a final training session on the Sunday before that and then thats it for a few months.

Running a reserve side aswell next season so loads of prep work to do for that aswell, my job as manager never stops
Thoday

1st Apr 07 at 18:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Officially relegated today

Last season won 9/10 of the last games and ended with us winning the cup.

This season only won 3 out of 17

7 of last seasons squad have left and now barely get 11 players out
nik

2nd Apr 07 at 08:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No game on Saturday, Lancing at home on Wednesday night. Hoping to avenage the 3-1 defeat at their place which was probably one of worst performances of the season.

Not sure if I'll personally make it as my ankles still very sore although the swellings nearly gone. Fingers crossed! Few games left now.
gianluigi

2nd Apr 07 at 09:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we lost 3-2. ref was card happy, and a complete cock. they were shit aswell.

no more needs to be said
RyanSxi

2nd Apr 07 at 09:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

another week off again this week

we are away next sunday then have 2 or 3 home games in a row to finish the season. hoping to have a decent finish to add confidence for next season. imo we should be pushing for promotion next season. won 6 of the last 8 so playing better
--Dave--
Banned

3rd Apr 07 at 10:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we won 1-0 this week. Horrible conditions what with the wind and stuff. 2nd half we all just had to dig our heels in and defend like fcuk

Good result though and keeps us in contention for promotion. Playing 3rd place this week so it's a big game.
--Dave--
Banned

3rd Apr 07 at 10:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

forgot to mention, scored an absolute belter last week in a double header

Ball was headed out from a corner and I smashed it from about 25 yards. Straight as an arrow and everyone just seemed to part out of the way. If the goal was another 25 yards back it still would have gone into the top corner

Double figures and I'm happy with that
nik

6th Apr 07 at 10:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got dicked 1-5 against Chichester City last night, game was pretty even just bad mistakes again at the back cost us. Joke.
MarkM

9th Apr 07 at 10:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Played on Saturday lasted 60 mins before my ankle was in too much pain to carry on...

If I strap it up it doesnt really hurt but as the game goes on it gets worse and worse...then cant walk without pain the next 7-10 days...

Think my season may be over

[Edited on 09-04-2007 by MarkM]
--Dave--
Banned

9th Apr 07 at 10:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mark

Played a team one position above us in the league so it was quite an important match. We won 1-0. Goal was quite poor but I'll take it Ball was crossed in low and our striker swung at it but totally missed it, it bobbled to me and i just smashed it into the net from about 10 yards.

Had a player sent off for both sides for fighting was a much better game when they left the pitch.
MarkM

9th Apr 07 at 11:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I really do think its going to need a prolonged period of rest....but im just too eager to get back and play and probably havnt done myself any favours...

--Dave--
Banned

9th Apr 07 at 12:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

will do yourself more damage that way mate. Best to give it a rest for a month or so and let it heal properly.

I had a bad thigh injury and every time i thought it was better I'd play and injure myself again. Left it a month and then went back, was fine. It's hard to stay away but worth it in the end when you can play properly without worrying about it all the time.
MarkM

9th Apr 07 at 12:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by --Dave--
will do yourself more damage that way mate. Best to give it a rest for a month or so and let it heal properly.

I would say I have given it 6 weeks full rest and its still not right...then coz I have tried to play again...it has bumped it up to around 8-9 weeks now that I havnt played properly...

Its all the going to watch the lads stuff which gets me...as I always throw my boots on and give it a go...I think I need to stay away from the footy all together...
--Dave--
Banned

9th Apr 07 at 12:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

go to the games but don't take your boots or shin pads. That way you won't be able to play even if you wanted to
messham11

10th Apr 07 at 09:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We had a game v aload of Reserve trialists ready for next season, won 11-1 I netted 5 Some of them were turd but a few stood out so well worth it.
Game tursday evening c bottom of the league, last game of the season, gona finish 5th in the Prem no matter what the score anyway
gianluigi

10th Apr 07 at 09:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

5 goals
gianluigi

10th Apr 07 at 09:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

more than my total tally this season
gianluigi

10th Apr 07 at 09:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

RyanSxi

10th Apr 07 at 09:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we lost 4-1 this week

i played a full 90 mins although half was right mid and the other right back (we switched as both play midfield).

ground was hard as fcuk aswell, need to get some firm ground studs me thinks.

did save a shot off the line tho so prevented a goal
sawboboi

10th Apr 07 at 22:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

new here got my cup final on thursday, we a junior team just stepped up to mens footie, aint lost yet, should also win the league

<<  26    27    28    29    30    31    32  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Sunday League 2006/2007 Thread 23 database queries in 0.1912048 seconds