corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Sunday League 2006/2007 Thread

New Poll
  <<  28    29    30    31    32    33  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The Sunday League 2006/2007 Thread
RyanSxi

User status: Offline
20th Apr 07 at 14:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by --Dave--
Prague nice.

I played 5 a side last night and now wish I hadn't. The game got a little heated and I went in for a slide tackle to block a shot... I now have a huge burn up the side of my right leg and to say it hurt when I got in the bath last night would be a huge understatement

thats y i don't slide at indoor (plus the fact it's classed as a foul )

got a game on sunday and the word on the street is (although havn't spoke to the manager yet) is that im starting as ive been impressive over the last few weeks and turned up to training etc. hoping it's in centre mid so i can do some scholesy challenges and shoot at will
--Dave--
Banned

20th Apr 07 at 14:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we weren't playing in a league so we could do what we wanted. There were people watching and i could hear them 'oooohing' and 'aaahing' as we all flew in at each other I'm paying the price today though, my leg has stiffened up and every time it touches my jeans it stings like fuck

Scholes can't challenge though well done mate, good luck to you
RyanSxi

20th Apr 07 at 14:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
we weren't playing in a league so we could do what we wanted. There were people watching and i could hear them 'oooohing' and 'aaahing' as we all flew in at each other I'm paying the price today though, my leg has stiffened up and every time it touches my jeans it stings like fuck

Scholes can't challenge though well done mate, good luck to you

i know thats why it will be scholesy tackles as i to am shit at sliding (which is why i hardly ever do it lol)

whenever i play indoor with mates i tend to just take the piss tbh. they are all bolloxed after half an hour aswell lol. no need to injure myself to win
messham11

21st Apr 07 at 21:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Played today for the Sat side I signed up for at start of season....7mins....at left back Won 2-1

Our keeper got sent off. He had the ball at his feet wasting time so their centre mid raced 40yards and as he got close, our keeper went to pick it up (as every keeper does). As he did their player lunged straight at him, obviously no intention of playing the ball. Bit of pushing and shoving as you can imagine with 15+ players.

Now get this, their centre mid gets a YELLOW and our keeper gets a RED

Absolute joke. Were winning 1-0 at the time, they equalised and we nicked a winner. Game Monday aswell
gianluigi

22nd Apr 07 at 13:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we lost 3-1 against team in second. i played fuking awesome TBH
nik

22nd Apr 07 at 17:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had our end of season party last night, £500 donated by the club for our win/draw bonuses Was good fun until some cunt policeman decided to arrest me for pissing in a back alley - spent the night in a cell and £80 fine. What made me angry is that my mate did the same AND had just punched something and damaged it but got let off fucking cunt stupid cunt
RyanSxi

23rd Apr 07 at 07:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gianluigi

same tbh

lost 3-1 and i played right back again and had a very decent game.

played in trainers this week was much better although i did slip once but still was better than the metal blades on my pred's. and my trainers are astro turf pred's anyways
gianluigi

23rd Apr 07 at 08:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by RyanSxi
quote:
Originally posted by gianluigi

same tbh

lost 3-1 and i played right back again and had a very decent game.

played in trainers this week was much better although i did slip once but still was better than the metal blades on my pred's. and my trainers are astro turf pred's anyways

i should have worn trainers but my tiempo FGs were pretty good.

i seriopusly played well though, none of their goals came from the left, as i was playing left mid. when we went 2-0 down after a stupid penalty the ref gave, our keeper saved it then he made it be re taken, not once but twice! i got pissed off, and played my own game, not the teams game. i was doing step overs and turns and bollocks, they all worked. i had some 30 yard shots that went just over, and i took on 2 players and hit the bar...was defo not our game, we had like 20 chances and missed 19. unlike my shots that were good, and would actually test a keeper, the other chances the stikers got were good chances but they missed pathetically.

was a decent enjoyable game of football. and we really did match them, but couldnt take our chances wasnt our day
--Dave--
Banned

24th Apr 07 at 11:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nik harsh mate.

We won 4-1. Didn't score but set one up. Had a go from about 30 yards out as the keeper was off his line but it just went over the bar

2 more games to go. Must win this week to put us in the best possible position should we lose our last game.

messham11

24th Apr 07 at 15:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Game last night for Sat team. Sub again they needed to win by 3 goals. About 12mins left 1-1 hadnt even told me to warm up so I told him I was off. He was a bit surprised I think but I hadnt had any dinner and nor had my bro and sis as Mums gone away so said I was going to shoot off.

I was a bit pi**ed off but wasnt moody about it, just that he knows I score goals and thought it would have made more sense to put me and the other sub on earlier when they had more chance of winning by the 3 goals. Ended 2-2
sawboboi

25th Apr 07 at 11:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

played last night and won 3-1. we got 5 games left, got to win everyone to win the league, not bad for a junior side playing first year of mens football
RyanSxi

26th Apr 07 at 09:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got a big game this weekend, playing our rivals in a derby game. they did us 1-0 earlier in the season and were lucky as it cuda gone either way.

game has been spiced up aswell as our striker offered most of there players outside in the pub the other week when he was pissed lol. i expect a very physical game this week.

also manager says im starting again this weekend (will be 5th game on the bounce) so hoping for a good performance.
--Dave--
Banned

26th Apr 07 at 09:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

starting to get a few games under your belt now Ryan

We have 2 games to go. Need to win them both to really give us a good chance of promotion.

I don't think I'll be playing this week though I have these huge burns on my legs and one of them isn't healing starting to hurt even when I walk now.

If i slide tackle again with it in it's current condition it won't be a pretty sight. Dry ground sucks.
RyanSxi

26th Apr 07 at 09:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
starting to get a few games under your belt now Ryan

We have 2 games to go. Need to win them both to really give us a good chance of promotion.

I don't think I'll be playing this week though I have these huge burns on my legs and one of them isn't healing starting to hurt even when I walk now.

If i slide tackle again with it in it's current condition it won't be a pretty sight. Dry ground sucks.

i am mate, played 90 mins in last 4 games. should be though really as im playing well and getting to trainings etc. just need more 11 a side experience as im shit hot at 8 a side on the astro turf

yeh i would rest it dave will end up with a fucked up leg much more lol.

im gonna have to hit the cold/flu tablets hard for the next few days as im bunged up atm
--Dave--
Banned

27th Apr 07 at 08:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how many goals do you have this season Ryan?
messham11

27th Apr 07 at 08:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Another game sunday Got a friendly v the Purple Turtle from Reading. They've got a cup final 29th May and have no games until then plus all the goals so down this weekend so weve said we'll give them a game, how nice of us Their 2nd in Div 2 so cant be too bad, cant wait!!
--Dave--
Banned

27th Apr 07 at 08:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The Purple Turtle

Sounds like it'll be a good game
messham11

27th Apr 07 at 09:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats what I thought Dave Name of a bar in Reading and they sponsor them. Should be decent, they're all quite old 25-40 whereas were 18-23 so most probably will be a contrast in playing styles
--Dave--
Banned

27th Apr 07 at 09:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we played a team made up of roughly the same age... average age was probably 30 odd.

We were running around like headless chickens and they were just passing the ball around. They whooped us.
RyanSxi

27th Apr 07 at 10:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
how many goals do you have this season Ryan?

still 1 mate. set up a fair few though and played right back a couple of times. (headed the ball off the line other week so thats nearly as good as scoring )

dunno whether i willbe able to play this sun. off work today with cold, can radly breath
--Dave--
Banned

27th Apr 07 at 10:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

gianluigi

27th Apr 07 at 11:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we've gotta play the team in top spot sunday. away

take it as read that we will lose proably only have half a team w00t.

to the left to the left
gianluigi

29th Apr 07 at 18:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was spot on

we lost 9-1. i played center midfield. Never again
messham11

30th Apr 07 at 08:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We won 3-1 Totally outplayed them. 1-0 up at halftime, outstanding counterattack just before the break. They had a corner, ball got played up to me, held it up, someone made a run to my right and called it so I spun and played a quite beautiful (as the ref called it ) reverse pass back to my bro who crossed for our leftback to score

They then missed a pen on HT. Start of the second half we got a freekick right on the edge of their area to the left. Left footed i curled it round/over the wall, keeper tipped it onto the bar and my bro tapped home.

They then pulled one back with a stunning crossfield pass and volley before we dominated the rest of the game and missed a hatful
RyanSxi

1st May 07 at 07:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well, we lost 3-0 against our rivals on the last game of the season i had to cover right back again and played 80 mins before coming off for a striker. had another decent game although pretty annoyed that i have t keep covering at right back when i want to be in midfield

<<  28    29    30    31    32    33  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Sunday League 2006/2007 Thread 23 database queries in 0.1172738 seconds