corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Sunday League 2006/2007 Thread

New Poll
  <<  29    30    31    32    33  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The Sunday League 2006/2007 Thread
--Dave--
Banned

User status: Offline
1st May 07 at 09:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we won 2-0

I didn't play as I didn't turn up.

That is all.
RyanSxi

1st May 07 at 09:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why didn't you tun up dave?

hangover?
--Dave--
Banned

1st May 07 at 09:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes

RyanSxi

1st May 07 at 09:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im not angry at you dave......im dissapointed

we've finished our season now so having a week off of training etc before we start up again. im taking a few weeks off though because im getting bad pains in my legs. think it's shin splints so hoping if i rest they will go away.

we are planning on training all way through dong training one week on a sunday and a friendly the next. also training every wednesday

RyanSxi

1st May 07 at 09:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh, we are also going to prague
--Dave--
Banned

1st May 07 at 09:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

shin splints are fcuking painful, I had them a few time when the weather was colder. Comes from playing on hard surfaces i think.

We have one more game to go then it'll be training on a Thursday and Sunday. Can't wait.
RyanSxi

1st May 07 at 09:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by --Dave--

shin splints are fcuking painful, I had them a few time when the weather was colder. Comes from playing on hard surfaces i think.

We have one more game to go then it'll be training on a Thursday and Sunday. Can't wait.

yeh well i play an hour on hard glass then an hour on astro turf on a wednesday. then on a thurs i play a 35 min game on hard wood. so it's done me in lol. been taking ibuprofen before any excercise for the last couple of months. hoping after a 2 week break i should be ok for a bit.

im gonna be so bored this next week or two without any football. sunday league and indoor both finished now so i have no football to play
gianluigi

2nd May 07 at 11:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we have our penultimate game tonight, im angry
--Dave--
Banned

2nd May 07 at 13:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why Luigi?
gianluigi

3rd May 07 at 09:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

missed the 1st half of milan game tbh

we won 3-2.
--Dave--
Banned

3rd May 07 at 14:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no game on Sunday. Last game is next week.

Supposed to have training tonight, can't be assed with it though. Also meant to have training Sunday morning, can't be bothered with that either though
Carl

9th May 07 at 18:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was well and truely sidelined, getting 5 mins, manager clearly no confidence, got on with 20 mins to go for a game 3 games ago and it got aboandomed 30 seconds later , anyway, game beofre last, 0-0 all game, brings me on to score winner and play really well, then tuesday, came on at 1-1 and we won 2-1 and played immense again. Got our last game tomorow, think we have clinched 3rd but need to win to make it definate. Hope we win so we go out on a high, i'm missing presentation night as i will have already flow to ibiza for the summer.
gianluigi

10th May 07 at 07:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

played our last game last night.

won 2-0. i played well....ive had a good season TBF. played 2nd half as lone striker

Carl

10th May 07 at 21:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

other side didn't turn up tonight, pricks. we have got 3rd anyway which means we are up.
gianluigi

11th May 07 at 11:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

SEASON SUMMARY

Copy and paste, and lets see how you got on.

Team: CJU
Position in League: since other games are still to be played, at best we can finish 4th, worst, 7th.
Cup comps: League cup - 2nd round.... Suffolk trophy - 1st round
Number of goals you scored: 3
Main position: left wing
Other positions played: Right wing, center forward, left back, center midfield, left wing back.
Thoughts on the team: we done well considering we had a lot of players drop out, and struggled to get a team toghether on sundays...but we have some quality players and others improved (ie- me) dramatically from last season
season highlight: Scoring a 20 yard winner against Ambassadors
season low: each time we played with 10 men and got humped.
goals for next season: play every game as i did this season, and score more goals

personal performance out of 10: 7/10
RyanSxi

11th May 07 at 11:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Team: Waggys FC
Position in League: 7th out of 13 i think
Cup comps: 1st round
Number of goals you scored: 1
Main position: Right Wing
Other positions played: Right back and Centre Mid
Thoughts on the team: Playing much better football than at the beginning of the season. Fitness is alot better and people are finding their positions within the team
season highlight: Starting my first game after being on the bench for a while. We were 4-1 down but won 5-4. I scored the equaliser and set up a couple of the others. Manager said i was the man of the match that day
season low: Looking forward to playing in the centre of midfield as i'd impressed the manager then having to cover right back as we were short of defenders
goals for next season: push myself into the starting 11, hopefully as centre mid. get fitter aswell. score more
Carl

12th May 07 at 13:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

SEASON SUMMARY

Copy and paste, and lets see how you got on.

Team: Oldtown fc
Position in League:3rd = promotion
Cup comps: semi-finals of Barnsley cup
Number of goals you scored: 2
Main position: targetman
Other positions played: Left midfield
Thoughts on the team: Should have done better, expected to win it, had goalie problems, had 7 different goalies in 21 league matches! Also lacking a prolific goalscorer. My first season back to football, had sleps of decentness early on, went shit, not played hardly then pulled out 2 immense displays lately coming on as sub. Going to miss pre-season though and start of season for next time so will be up against it from the start. We will be in Division 1 too so will be alot tougher.

personal performance out of 10: 5/10
messham11

14th May 07 at 11:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

SEASON SUMMARY

Team: AFC Donsville
Position in League: 5th out of 9 in Prem
Cup comps: League cup - semi final.... Berks & Bucks - 4th round
Number of goals you scored: 8
Main position: Centre Half
Other positions played: Upfront
Thoughts on the team: Not too bad first season, especially in the prem. Really young team and can only improve. Needed a goalscorer but looks good for next season.
Season highlight: Hat-trick in county cup & beating side 2-1 who beat us 9-2 week before
Season low: Getting beat 9-2.
Goals for next season: Keep fit & win some silverware
Personal performance out of 10: 8.5/10
--Dave--
Banned

15th May 07 at 09:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We won 2-1

Got there just as the gaffer was naming the side after an hour's drive back home was left winger (great I thought, one of the most demanding positions on the field and having to cover for our aging left-back )

10 minutes in and I was fcuked. Literally. Went in for a slide tack with someone and got their first, they knew they were late but slide in anyway and my elbow took a full on boot (with studs showing). Thought I'd broken my arm and couldn't move any of my fingers Went back on after 5 minutes and scored a peach of a volley from about 20 yards good way to shut em up.

Second half, ball was played forward from a goal kick and then slotted through to me as I made a run. I could have taken it towards goal but thought fcuk it and smashed it into the top corner

Finished on 13 goals for the season and pretty much guaranteed us promotion.

SEASON SUMMARY

Team: Belhus Park Rangers
Position in League: still a few teams with games left to play, but sitting in 2nd for the moment, will probably finish 3rd.
Cup comps: League cup - semi final. TASL Cup, 2nd round.
Number of goals you scored: 13
Main position: Left Wing.
Other positions played: 4/5 games at left-back and 8/9 games up front.
Thoughts on the team: Great second season and improving all the time. Need some new players in to give us even more of a chance in the higher division.
Season highlight: Last game, scoring 2 to help us get promotion right at the death.
Season low: When our unbeaten run of 12 came to an end.
Goals for next season: Give it 100% in the higher division and probably avoid relegation
Personal performance out of 10: 8.5

RyanSxi

15th May 07 at 13:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well done dave
--Dave--
Banned

15th May 07 at 13:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you know what Ryan I didn't see your post above. That was the main reason why I wanted you to post, to see how you got on.

Good luck for next season in the centre of the park
RyanSxi

15th May 07 at 13:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers mate, need to get rid of this pains in my legs (shin splints? ) then get some decent preseason fitness in.

good look to you in your whippet goal scoring role
--Dave--
Banned

15th May 07 at 13:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It was like I had some meat tied to my back yesterday Ryan they were kicking the living shit out of me

First I thought I broke my arm... that turned out to be alright so came back on and immediately got taken out from behind

10 minutes later I skipped past one player and knocked the ball forward just as another challenge was coming in, sent me upside down

Rather enjoyed it though.
RyanSxi

15th May 07 at 13:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive decided next season im gonna play like gattuso. knock shit out of every1 and generally play like a psycho. im too soft when i play on a sunday as im used to playing only with mates so don't go in hard etc.

GGGGRRRRRR
--Dave--
Banned

15th May 07 at 14:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gattuso is of PSYCHO

<<  29    30    31    32    33  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Sunday League 2006/2007 Thread 23 database queries in 0.2020960 seconds