corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Sunday League 2006/2007 Thread

New Poll
  <<  24    25    26    27    28    29    30  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The Sunday League 2006/2007 Thread
messham11

User status: Offline
16th Feb 07 at 17:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We have Old 5 Bells at home, equal on pts but they've played 2 more! Need a WIN. They beat us 4-1 last time, 1st half completed one sided we just couldnt score. They did, heads went down and that was that!
nik

17th Feb 07 at 18:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Forest 0 - 3 Wick

Quality result for us, even played the 90 mins with TEN men as a couple were ill this morning. Again some top football played on the deck. Don't think we even got out of 3rd gear to be honest, plenty more in the tank.
messham11

18th Feb 07 at 21:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We won 5-1 Werent going to play as they only had 4 men (more like 7/8) but their reserves were playing on the next pitch so they grabbed a few of them.

Setup one but still didnt score so the drought goes on! Was the funniest goal though, one of their players past it back to the keeper, I shut him down, he went to pick it up realised he couldnt so tried taking me on. Tackled him, cut inside and laid it on a plate for my bro

County Cup next week v Wycombe Town in the last 16
gianluigi

19th Feb 07 at 09:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we lost 9-1 against the top team. very good team.

we had the bare 11. 1 boy who never plays, cant run and challenege etc. not a good player at all (not me ), so it was like we had 10 lol. then our keeper went off injured, then our left back went off injured, but came back on to go in goal.

the solution to the problem was "gian, you play left back and left midfield" thanks gaffa

our new striker missed a penalty fool.
RyanSxi

19th Feb 07 at 09:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we didn't play this week. half the teams in our division have been temporarily suspended. seems that the leagues admin have f'ed up and not been sending out fines for yellow cards etc so they have suspended games till they are paid.

f'king muppets
gianluigi

19th Feb 07 at 10:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ryan have you ever played left back as well as left midfield and in some flashes up front?

i suggest you try it.
RyanSxi

19th Feb 07 at 10:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gianluigi
Ryan have you ever played left back as well as left midfield and in some flashes up front?

i suggest you try it.

only in training on astro turf lol (8 a side pitch so a bit smaller) was a right wing back winger with attacking breaks. did this for an hour. thought i was going to collapse so i know what you mean lol. although in our game it wasn't like a sunday so i imagine you were tired
gianluigi

19th Feb 07 at 10:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its quite rewarding to play 2 and a half positions at once, work your ass, and feel quite sick after, to be nut-megged twice and lose 9-1
Carl

19th Feb 07 at 13:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we didn't play this week, bit daft since we have 13 games left to play. Got the league table though, if we win all our games in hand we are top.
gianluigi

19th Feb 07 at 14:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no game next week, guess who our next game is though...the team who thrashed us yesterday oh well, best to get them out the way
RyanSxi

21st Feb 07 at 10:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dunno yet if we are still suspended lol
Jamie Walby

22nd Feb 07 at 15:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

i suggest you try it.

the way I play when I play left/right back...............yes I have
hack3tt

23rd Feb 07 at 12:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Woooooooooooooooooooo

Doubt any one will remeber but i broke my leg the week before the season started and was told i wouldnt be able to play for about 2 years as i had a nail put from my ankle to my knee!
Had my appointment with my consultant yesterday and he has said i can start playing as soon as i feel ready as the bone is 100% solid!! have been fully disharged from the hospital!
He said they are going to leave the nail in my tibia unless i want it out!!

The only reaosn i may need to is if i get insured for football (as my boss wont put up with another injury) then they may say i have to have it out!!

I went training last night for the first time properly and it was awesome!! Didnt realise how much i had missed it!!
Dont think i will play a game this season as i need to get my confidence back up so i dont bottle challenges and definatley need to improve my fitness as i was dying after 10 minutes but think i was about 70% of my normal playing abilities!!
Sorry for the psot but its such a big deal for me!! Was expecting 2 years minimum out but have got myself back in 6 months! to training at least!

Roll on next season!
gianluigi

23rd Feb 07 at 12:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

excellent news! glad to see you're up and about again!

interesting point you raised, are you insured now on the football pitch? i've thought about doing this, but havent looked into it, do you know how much it'll be?

anyone else on here insured?
RyanSxi

23rd Feb 07 at 13:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got a game this weekend, think im gonna miss it this week tho. seem to have groin strain or sumat. can hardly lift my leg up. also my calf feels tight on the same leg
gianluigi

23rd Feb 07 at 14:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

stretch it out, and pile on the deep heat
hack3tt

23rd Feb 07 at 16:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We had team insurance and i got a cheque for £100 when i did it but if my boss had refused to pay my salary i would have been in the sh1t!!
I had 2 weeks off then 2 session of physio a week for 3 months and 1 session for a further 3 months!!
A lot of time off to be fair and he never once questioned me on it!!

Good of him but he doesnt want me to play again and wouldnt support it again!!

Will be insured before i step on a pitch again!!
When i do i'll post deayils on here!!!

[Edited on 23-02-2007 by C0rsa]
messham11

23rd Feb 07 at 16:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Excellent news pal. They always exagerate at 1st but aslong as you do your physio things normally work out!

Got Wycombe Town 4th Round of the Berks & Bucks Sunday
messham11

25th Feb 07 at 11:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Game off so rolls over to next week now!
RyanSxi

26th Feb 07 at 11:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we won 4-2 i only played about 15 mins at the end as my groin is still tight managed to battle well tho on the left of midfield and nearly scored
Carl

26th Feb 07 at 12:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we won 2-1, shoddy performance, i started, came off at half-time i was fucked, after the first sprint i was blowing out of my arse. Well fucked off with my fitness. i had about 3 good chances too but makes it so much harder when you are nearly dieing when running for the ball.
gianluigi

26th Feb 07 at 13:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol, i know the feeling carl. sometimes, i use all my energy chasing and closing down, and when i get the ball, im out of puff to knock the ball forward and run with it lol. the only way to get over that is to play more football, get into 5 aside a couple of times a week, go running/gym, you'll notice a hell of a difference, i have. have you seen coach carter? at the begining the training programme was running, running and more running. might be a film, but the principle is completley valid, you cant expect to play well until your level of fitness allows you to do so
Carl

26th Feb 07 at 17:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
lol, i know the feeling carl. sometimes, i use all my energy chasing and closing down, and when i get the ball, im out of puff to knock the ball forward and run with it lol. the only way to get over that is to play more football, get into 5 aside a couple of times a week, go running/gym, you'll notice a hell of a difference, i have. have you seen coach carter? at the begining the training programme was running, running and more running. might be a film, but the principle is completley valid, you cant expect to play well until your level of fitness allows you to do so

yeah i know the principles and all that, its just finding the time, (yes i know that is a common excuse too and there is always time etc) but i've got a dissertation to hand in a couple of weeks, i work part-time and i'm lazy. its with not having a game the other sunday i need to play everyweek or it drops! I'd rather come on as sub at present, reckon i will next week anyway, that way i dont feel like im letting the team down.
nik

1st Mar 07 at 17:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Away to Lancing this Saturday versus one of my former managers/ Hoping to get 3 points, tough month coming up with a midweek game everyweek now until end of the season due to a few fixtures being cancelled. Will be hoping to add to my tally of 3 goals in 8 games from midfield for Wick.
RyanSxi

2nd Mar 07 at 14:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no official game this weekend so we are playing a friendly against a team 4 leagues above us

apparently getting 90 mins this week to fgive me a chance to get that RM position!

<<  24    25    26    27    28    29    30  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Sunday League 2006/2007 Thread 23 database queries in 0.1232390 seconds