corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Sunday League 2006/2007 Thread

New Poll
  <<  23    24    25    26    27    28    29  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The Sunday League 2006/2007 Thread
Jamie Walby

User status: Offline
5th Feb 07 at 10:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can hit freekicks where I want all day long. But because i didnt go to school with the manager I dont get much of a look in

Our team is corrupt.
Carl

5th Feb 07 at 10:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We currently have a penalty taker dilema, 2 were missed yesterday in the 9-0 thrashing, and the game previously the kid who takes them who as never missed fluffed one.
gianluigi

5th Feb 07 at 11:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

step up carl
Carl

5th Feb 07 at 13:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not for me, i have a set technique that usually works but under pressure i'd be worried about miskicking it etc.
messham11

5th Feb 07 at 13:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats why Im annoyed with myself, not missed 1 in years, missed last week so gave it to someone else yesterday! Wish i hadnt as it cost us a point. Gona get back on em now!
I've banged in a few good freekicks in my time, we just never seem to get any around the box. Only had 1 pen all season til last 2 weeks.
--Dave--
Banned

6th Feb 07 at 14:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we won 6-2. Our 8th win in a row.

Didn't score but played well. Hit the bar also. Also had a stint at left back due to an injury to one of our players.

Cup game this week. Bring it OOOOON!!
gianluigi

7th Feb 07 at 10:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we're out of both cups
Carl

7th Feb 07 at 12:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we are in the semi-s on Tuesday night, hope it isn't as cold as last night! Win this and we are off to Oakwell for the final, WE are playing our main rivals in division 2's A-team, lucky its at a neutral ground and there are 3 officials.
nik

10th Feb 07 at 12:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Arse Wick V Selsey called off due to waterlogged pitch (probably don't want it cut up more like!) Bit of a pain after last week's good performance against Eastbourne Town
Carl

11th Feb 07 at 14:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we drew 2-2 with the top of the league, they scored in the last minute.
I started but personally thought i was poor, couldn't get into it. I also have a red bellend from where i took one in that areas early on.
gianluigi

12th Feb 07 at 09:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we won 5-3 against one of the better teams in the league.

i think its safe to say i am now a winger, goodbye my forward days for the time being.

i was on the left, and their RB couldnt handle me, fouled me 3 times, and 3 times we scored for the consequenting foul. 1st was a high boot, put his studs in the back of my head, 2nd i got the ball on the wing, jinked inside, and he held me back, i stopped and held my arms out arrogantly waiting for a free kick but didnt happen, so squared it, and scored lol. 3rd, i done him on the corner of the box, was about to shoot, but he took me down, scored from the free kick. he didnt get booked though

i was out of puff by the 80th min and came off. but we were 4-0 up, and it went to 4-3, then we got a penalty in last second and we scored.

our keeper was annoyed cos we let in 3 soft goals, but if we could take 5-3 before the game we would have obliged.
AndyW

12th Feb 07 at 11:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not posted in here for a while my team won 5-1 yesterday against a bunch of wannabe blazin squads twats. which also sent us through to semi-finals of our league cup
RyanSxi

12th Feb 07 at 11:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we lost 3-2 and i played about 10 mins. gay
--Dave--
Banned

12th Feb 07 at 12:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lost 4-0 in the semi final of the league cup.

not happy.
RyanSxi

12th Feb 07 at 12:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dave ive been waiting for your sunday league bubble to burst, knew you would lose eventually sorry to hear it mate.
--Dave--
Banned

12th Feb 07 at 12:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

8 wins on the bounce and then we lose in probably the most important game of all. Fcukers.

We have 2 easy games next in the league. 6 points are a must.
Jamie Walby

12th Feb 07 at 14:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

game called off. I was grateful, I was hanging.
messham11

12th Feb 07 at 17:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Game got called off

Found this website though, http://www.owayo.com can design your own kit! Getting ideas together at the mo as were running a reserve side next season so they're having our kit.
Also provisionally booked our local teams ground, Burnham FC, for a 5th year anniverary game, 1st team v newly formed for next season Reserves!
Pics here http://www.burnham-fc.co.uk

Sould be an awesome day
nik

12th Feb 07 at 19:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice ground at Burnham, played them in a Southern league fixture couple seasons back.
Carl

14th Feb 07 at 00:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We lost 5-0 tonight in the semi-s against a prem side, shouldn't have been five that flattered them, would have been alot closer but we got a fucking shit ref again, 1 blatent elbow he did fuck all for and about 3 others similiar, co-incidently it was the same ref as this;

quote:
Originally posted by Carl
We won 3-2 after extra time. I missed more or less an open goal and should have scored a few headers, managed to head one down and bounce it over the bar. The game was awful, i didn't want to be there due to them being the dirtiest side i have ever played.Puts me off my game big time, don't mind getting stuck in but the were just animals wanting to fight.. My team mate said this and he has been playing Sunday League 11 years.
They just wanted to snap legs/kick/punch people. Through the back of people everytime. Ref was shit, only booked one player and that was on our team for chatting back.

and once again it was one of our players that got a yellow. Thing is we had official linesmen too and they did fuck all. They are a good team, the last thing we need is the ref on their side, especially when they are at a level where they tackle hard and know how to get away with alot of things.
messham11

14th Feb 07 at 11:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nik
Nice ground at Burnham, played them in a Southern league fixture couple seasons back.

Got redeveloped about year and a half ago, nice pitch and main stand now. We know someone who plays for them so getting it fairly cheap. Doing well this year, their second.
nik

15th Feb 07 at 11:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think we drew 0-0 with them at home and lost way, can't remember now

Leagues pretty different now they restructored it, most of the teams we played moved into the midland section. Surprised to see Swindon doing well they were struggling then as did Burnham I think.
--Dave--
Banned

16th Feb 07 at 16:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we're playing Aspect United on Sunday away. Beat them 3-1 in the home game so should be an intersting encounter.

I need to wash my boots really, they weigh twice as much due to them being soggy and full of mud
nik

16th Feb 07 at 16:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Away V Forest tomo who are struggling. Think we'll win this and I fancy another goal to keep the run going 1 of my many former clubs (runs into double figures!) so hopefully do them!
--Dave--
Banned

16th Feb 07 at 17:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm on 8 so far this season, come into a bit of a drought after scoring 4 in 4. Will hopefully pick it up this weekend.

<<  23    24    25    26    27    28    29  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Sunday League 2006/2007 Thread 23 database queries in 0.1147459 seconds