corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » 1.2 8v,what to do to up power? colledge project.

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 1.2 8v,what to do to up power? colledge project.
karls_car

User status: Offline
20th Feb 06 at 16:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorry guys i been away holiday skiing,, thanks 4 all the info very help full.

te other cars are a 1.1 fiester, 1.2 clio, and another corsa 1.2,

gona get a nova 1.3sr cam shaft, noth shore what to do with the hole air intake stuff yet,

any one know any think bout skiming fly wheels?
gona do strait through exhaust,
no cat
kent cam
alistairolsen

20th Feb 06 at 17:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

te other cars are a 1.1 fiester, 1.2 clio, and another corsa 1.2,

Id have the clio engine over the fiesta, but i dont know anything about the renault lump.

quote:

gona get a nova 1.3sr cam shaft

Get one from a 1.4, they have more lift and duration.

quote:

any one know any think bout skiming fly wheels?

For the smal amoutn you can remove safely its really not worth it. It can cause them to crack and come apart, and it wont increase power at all, only throttle response.

quote:

kent cam

as well as the sr one?

Exhaust and decat are always a god idea, but more important is a decent manifold. either get a fourbranch, or a twin downpipe off a gte/gsi/sri.
johnny27

22nd Feb 06 at 11:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would def go for the proper 4-1 branch manifold, i noticed no gain what so ever with the gte 4-2-1, after all its still a short cast iron manifold.
Cybermonkey

22nd Feb 06 at 11:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by johnny27
quote:
Originally posted by Cybermonkey
i would scrap the whole injection system for starters and get a carb head from an early corsa or a nova, then head that route with some 40's. either that or turbo it

I don't think any corsa came with a carb head lol
You'd want a nova 1.2 carbed head which are getting very rare. Or else a nova 1300 sr head which should'nt be to difficult to find. If you go with the webber 32/34 carb you need a 1300 sr manifold. Or with the 40s you want the proper 40 manifold and lower altenator bracket. Don't use the 1400 carb head its crap just like you 1.2 spi head. BTW you can't bore a 1200 block to suit 1400 pistons and stroke, the 1400 had a longer stroke block, so you'd not get 1400 power, you could just over bore the block abit. but you can convert a 1300 block for a 1400, but this is of no use to you

very early Corsa Merits from August 1993 came with the carbed 1.2 straight from the nova, and the 4 speed F10. lack of engines.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll