corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » electric window conversion (again ! sorry need help )

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author electric window conversion (again ! sorry need help )
MR2Mike

User status: Offline
10th May 05 at 22:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorry to post this again but i have corsa sport doors on my 1.2 8v and cant get the electric windows working !! im fuckin frying inside the car lol, its well hot cos the windows are tinted aswell lol. ive connected the wires for the switches, put the 30 amp fuse in hole 28 in the fuse box, but where the wiring looms connect between the door and the car, i think mine is different... when i seperate them .. my own wiring loom only has two pins that i can see inside, so i presume it can only power speakers at the moment?

[Edited on 10-05-2005 by Mike_Corsa]
Kyle T
Premium Member

User status: Online
10th May 05 at 22:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea mate, you dont have the right loom. You'll either need a new loom or you'll have to wire them up yourself

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
MR2Mike

10th May 05 at 22:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if i cant get new loom fitted, wat can i do mate? do i need a live feed and an eath to specific pins in my original one?
Kyle T
Premium Member

10th May 05 at 22:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im not sure tbh, Im planning this conversion without the loom, but I need to get my hands on a leccy window kit to decide what needs to go where. I imagine there is an earth, live feed, ignition feed and something for the leds in the switches, but I dunno, I suggest you pull apart the door loom and trace back each wire to decide what does what, then tell me about it when your finished

Good luck

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
MR2Mike

10th May 05 at 22:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lmao il try n get a loom from a corsa sport, and tell you what wires go where wen its done lol, its shit man, fuckin roasting in car ! lol
Siberia

11th May 05 at 06:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my mate had to tranfer the whole wiring loom from a gsi over right back to the rear lights... dash and all had to come out.....
Greg_M

11th May 05 at 09:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you'll need to change your body loom to one that has the window and wing mirror installed.

you'll need to change everything from the wite plug in the passenger footwell backwards
dean.bavister

11th May 05 at 19:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi i've got a 1.4 sri it came without leccy windows so i bought a conversion kit off ebay, basically i wired it myself without worrying about new looms etc too much hassel at the moment its just temporary and the live and earthg is fed off the battery but with the kit u get the stuff to wire it up to the fuse box as all corsa boxes are the same it has a provision fo electric windows, with the kit you get a terminal which pushes into the fuse box to put the fuse in then basically u need to find a live supply like the ignition and wire it off this thru the box and onto the windows its quite complicated gettin a sparky or auto electrician is best!!! the illumination can be picked up off any of the other illumination circuits e.g headlight switch
dean.bavister

11th May 05 at 19:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh also between the door and the body work i drilled new holes fed a rubber tube thru this and pushed the window cables ionto the car that way as you cant use the plug and play system they have as they WILL only have wires for speakers unless electric windows came as standard on the car!!! remember to seal around the rubber tube otherwise water will track tru and you get wet speakers!!!!! bad idea! hope thjis helps a bit
Kyle T
Premium Member

11th May 05 at 19:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How do you rate the kits off ebay? was it a universal one or specifically for a corsa?

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
MR2Mike

11th May 05 at 21:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks for the help ill look on ebay
MR2Mike

12th May 05 at 13:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

those things on ebay are shite, and ive already got all the mechanism, and motors, i just need to put live and earth feeds to the correct pins, but i dont know how.
Siberia

12th May 05 at 13:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if ya cant get it working i'll buy the mechanisms and motors
Kyle T
Premium Member

12th May 05 at 13:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mike_Corsa
those things on ebay are shite, and ive already got all the mechanism, and motors, i just need to put live and earth feeds to the correct pins, but i dont know how.

Wire it to the battery, forget the loom

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
MR2Mike

12th May 05 at 14:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wat dus it need? just live and earth? and if im putting wires from battery... am i wiring them upto the loom thats in my door ? if so, which pins do they need to go to ??
MR2Mike

12th May 05 at 17:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ttt
Kyle T
Premium Member

12th May 05 at 17:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well I need to get my hands on the door loom and Motors etc, but your best bet is pulling it all apart and seeing what does what.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
MR2Mike

12th May 05 at 17:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol, the wires go right into where the engine is with the rest of the looms, ive fuck all chance of following wires lol !
Kyle T
Premium Member

12th May 05 at 17:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well take apart the door loom, get a battery..... and guess until u get it right

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
MR2Mike

12th May 05 at 17:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lmao, ill try. seriously not looking forward to that tho lol, smell a disaster on the horizon lol.

[Edited on 12-05-2005 by Mike_Corsa]
James@CCC

12th May 05 at 18:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i havent read all of this thread, so my posting might be pointless BUT

even if you wanted got the main car loom buy :
the motors and regulators
door loom
loom between doors and car
switches
10 metres of wire
a haynes manual

would be too hard to do, just have to run some wires across the car (for controlling the passenger window from the driver door) and some more into the fuse box and then battery.

i dunno, i got lucky and had the car loom, but id take that on insted of wanking about with universal kits
MR2Mike

12th May 05 at 18:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive got all the motors and shite i just need the wires to power the bloody things lol
MR2Mike

12th May 05 at 20:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ttt
calidus

12th May 05 at 21:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get in touch with mav 3000 he did this conversion and swapped over the body looms cud be worth quizzing him quickly
mikehiow

12th May 05 at 21:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

surely the easiest thing would be to wire it all up separately yourself?

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll