corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » electric window conversion (again ! sorry need help )

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author electric window conversion (again ! sorry need help )
MR2Mike

User status: Offline
20th May 05 at 23:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not got one pal, wud probably b better gettin a corsa sport car side multiplug wudnt i ? (just cut wires frm behind it. connect it to multiplug in door, so both plugs are from a sport, then connect wires tht are at back of it to ign live etc. piss all scrappies round ere tho
James@CCC

21st May 05 at 00:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

give it a go mate, just means a lot of soldering.

how did u connect the wires into the multiplug in the car?
MR2Mike

21st May 05 at 00:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dnt hav soldering iron. just pushed pins thru multiplug until they touched pins in door multi plug and switched on ignition and tried window. only connected wire to fuse 28 and wire to ign live (switches already earth to chassis i think) (just to get drivers one to work.)
James@CCC

21st May 05 at 00:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u'll need to secure them properly, but just foir testing it could be ok.

there was a wire going into the car that needs to go to the eartch. it had its own pin number and everything, it doesnt hapen in the door
MR2Mike

21st May 05 at 00:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

which was it mate? wasnt in list .. for drivers door u sed ..... black to ign live, erm brown from both switches to chassis, red to fuse 28, then two wires to pass side door to make pass side work. sorry if colours are wrong but u get wat i mean
James@CCC

21st May 05 at 00:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whoops, think that was some wank wording by me. think i meant the two switches wires join in the door so it goes to one wire. this then goes thriugh the multiplug 29 and u gotta connect this to your chassic in the car
MR2Mike

21st May 05 at 00:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol i cnt get into door n shit, duno how to remove n refit door cards
James@CCC

21st May 05 at 08:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u dont need to get in. if you have the loom the wires will connect in it and go to pin 29. u just gotta stick a wire in here and attach it to your chassis. i dunno y i added the extra info, just confused matters
MR2Mike

22nd May 05 at 21:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol, so feed a wire from pin 29 to chassis and rest are same as before?
James@CCC

22nd May 05 at 22:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yup
MR2Mike

22nd May 05 at 22:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok mate nice one
corsa_lover

23rd May 05 at 19:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

make your own loom as follows:

each motor needs 4 wires:
perm live - red
earth - brown
up signal - blue
down signal - grey

standard passenger side button needs 6 wires:
ign live - black
earth - brown
2 x up signal wire - blue
2 x down signal wire- grey

driver buttons need 4 wires each
ign live - black
earth - brown
up signal - blue
down signal - grey

blue and grey wires could be other way round dont remember off the top of my head you'll soon find out.

basically you'll need to run 4 wires from 1 door to the other, best to make different colours coz if theres a problem its easier to trace. the best way i found to run them through the doors was to drill through the existing grommet, not to difficult. make 1 permanent live 1 ignition live, on the passengers side connect the permanent to the motor, ignition to the button and with the other two wires youve ran connect to the in wires of the button, as there the same colour as your out wires youll have to play around to see which is which. connect the 2 remaining wires from the motor to the out wires of the button. Make an earth point in the door with a screw and a couple of connectors, less wires to run. On the drivers side the permanent goes to the motor as before but the ignition live switch needs splitting in two (one for each button). the two wires ran from the other side connect tothe up/down of the passenger button and the two up/down wires of the motor connect to the remaing two wires of the driver button. Again make new earth point in this door.

Simple any questions u2u
MR2Mike

23rd May 05 at 22:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

james it didnt work m8. "corsa_lover" i dnt fully understand your explanation, and i may already have my switches wired up because i have a corsasport door with everything inside it, my problem is that my multiplug in my car is different from the one in the door. cheers tho mate

[Edited on 23-05-2005 by Mike_Corsa]
James@CCC

23rd May 05 at 22:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why didnt it work

can you see into the loom ins in the multiplugs so ur definately plugging into the right wires. right colour and going to the window motor/switches?

is electrcity getting through of they are the right wires? get a multimeter and test before and after
MR2Mike

23rd May 05 at 22:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the wires are going into the right pin holes on the car side, and the multiplugs only fit together one way so the pins must be touching the wires !! its fukin roasting in my car !! anyone got crap red standard doors they wana donate? lol
James@CCC

23rd May 05 at 23:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how are ur new wires going into the multiplug? are they connect8ing with the wires in the doors? u need to test that electricity is passing throught the multiplug as i fear this is the problem
MR2Mike

23rd May 05 at 23:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ill try and get hold of a multimeter. btw... just pulled out switches in a vectra at college other day .. got fuckin shit loads of wires goin to it... thought fuckin hell... theres not enough going to mine,.. have u actually checked the manual or going from memory? i presume my switches will be fine, im not sure about the wires going through the multi plugs though. btw thanks for all the help mate, i do appreciate it loads, its just im fuckin roasting in car and its driving me mad.

[Edited on 23-05-2005 by Mike_Corsa]
James@CCC

23rd May 05 at 23:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im doing it from the haynes wiring diagram. the switches have 4 or 5 wires going to them but that mostly stays in the door except for power supply, and so that you can control passenger side from driver door.

All i can think of is power not getting throught the mulitplug howwever youve done it. if it has power and the switches work, itll move

im getting pissed of with this project and its not even for me!
MR2Mike

23rd May 05 at 23:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fair enuff then dont help me, ur gettin pissed off? try being me ... car got broken into, needed new drivers door ! cudnt afford scrappie prices so got door off mates corsasport, it has black as fuck tints, so not only can i not open the fucking window but bcos of the black film its ten times as fuckin hot !! shit corsa models annoy me lol, wish i knew just how crap they were at the time.
James@CCC

24th May 05 at 08:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

didnt say i wouldnt help. id just wish it would work for ya.

MR2Mike

29th Jun 05 at 16:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it doesnt work mate, theres no black wire in pin 19
James@CCC

29th Jun 05 at 17:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

in the door side or in the car side of the loom?
MR2Mike

29th Jun 05 at 17:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you said put a wire to pin 19 then the to an ign live. but pin 19 is just a blank, theres a black wire in pin 15 but its not right, car side loom,
James@CCC

29th Jun 05 at 17:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im only going with wot haynes tells me. ive no experience with any of this as i had the car loom so only had to change the doors.

if i was there i might be able to help, but i dunno wot to suggest to u
MR2Mike

29th Jun 05 at 17:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

can u PLEASE just look at the diagram again just to see if you sed the wrong pin for the ign live?? i knw thts easy to do, those diagrams r shite. plz mate

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll