corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » FSE power boost valve...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author FSE power boost valve...
Rob B

User status: Offline
21st Jan 06 at 11:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whats the crack with these, im trying to get my engine up to the highest spec money wise before i get it remapped or buy a remapped ECU ...

want to get Dblias flowtech induction kit, 4-2-1 and someone suggested to me a powerboost valve so what do you all reckon, anyone give me an insight on what they do and also can they be fitted without the secondry air pump in place..

[Edited on 21-01-2006 by Rob B]
James R

21st Jan 06 at 12:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's justy an adjustable pressure regulator, and they are known to die randomly aswell, a adjustable weber one is a much safer buy (he says still using an FSE, lol)
Rob B

21st Jan 06 at 12:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so did you notice a more smoother torque curve and better accelration, apprently there ment to get rid of flat spots etc..
Kiddy_Corsa

21st Jan 06 at 13:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have one on my c20xe.

Got rid off all the flat spots all the way thru the revs. Made it a little more smoother thru the revs too
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

21st Jan 06 at 14:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

waste of time and money unless you go onto throttle bodies. its just an adjustable pressure regulator, and no better than a standard item really. FSE ones are crap as well, they tend to 'wander' all over the place between 2.5-3.5 bar when mine was set to 3. now ive got a fixed 3 bar webber item.

New Poll