corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » exhaust gasket....

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author exhaust gasket....
Rob B

User status: Offline
16th Nov 05 at 16:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

car is blowing like a hoe on steroids, got the exhaust sorted so that isnt blowing anymore and fitted a new manifold gasket, one between the head and manifold, but its blowing there again now and it was deffinetly all tight... getting another one tomorrow from vauxhall and going to fit that... anyone got any tips on fitting it because i dont want it blowing again i dont particularry enjoy sounding like a go-kart.
ed

16th Nov 05 at 16:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Use new studding and nuts, then torque the whole lot up evenly and to the correct torque.
Rob B

16th Nov 05 at 16:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

erm... i thought the studs were like welded or attached to the head i can understand replacing the nuts but not the studs .... its also a bit hard to get a torque wrench to some of the bolts
shane2corsa

16th Nov 05 at 18:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

make sure the studs are right into the head, if not your nut goes up to the blank part on the stud and appears to be tight but the manifold isnt! u wont need to replace them unless the threads are buggered, exhaust paste only kidding!
carnuts

16th Nov 05 at 18:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

start doing them up from the middle outwards to pull it in evenly
Rob B

16th Nov 05 at 18:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Someone has told me to put two gaskets on would that work ? The one on it now is a day old but its deffinetly blowing from there.
carnuts

16th Nov 05 at 18:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you can put two on but that is normally only because either the head or exhaust is not flat enough for one
sometimes a bit of gun gum can help

New Poll