corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » driveshafts

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author driveshafts
BAZ 1256

User status: Offline
18th Sep 05 at 21:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whats the best , strongest driveshafts you can get for a 2 litre corsa??

managed to snap one of mine today

any ideas guys?
James R

19th Sep 05 at 07:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what shafts ahev you got at the moment? would be a good start.

Was it the CV or the shaft you managed to snap.
I've always used cav/astra or Cally shafts on any conversions I've done, if you mount the engine right you'll not have an issue.
BAZ 1256

19th Sep 05 at 11:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think its courtney items that are in it
it snapped on the shaft itself, not the cv joint.
its pushing out 235 bhp +120 bhp nos in case that might have something to do with it
Rileysport

19th Sep 05 at 11:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my old m-tec ones were on a mahoosive spec c20let corsa before... they were mint when i flogged em
BAZ 1256

19th Sep 05 at 18:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got a bit of a dillema
not sure what i need
obviously need shafts but not sure what cv joints are on ends of mine(standard XE engine was fitted when i got car) checked them against astra gte ones and are a lot smaller, so thinking they might be the corsas own ones?? would that sound right?
was going to buy the m-tech shafts and hubs but not sure if my cv joints are going to fit in them then?, or theres the JNC shafts which are complete with cv joints as well but not sure if these will fit into my hubs on my car( am leaning towards them being the original corsa items but not sure)
what cv joints do courtney shafts use?
what a bloody hassle, wish id just built it myself from the start now, least id know what was in it.
James R

19th Sep 05 at 23:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So you're running a 20XE @235 BHP then a 120BHP shot, no wonder, The cam spec you have must be rather lumpy

All I can say is cally turbo's running that don't snap shafts.

just get some from a 16v cally equal length jobs, no more torque steer.
and-m

20th Sep 05 at 00:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Plus he'll need new CVs, new hubs...
Nic Barnes

20th Sep 05 at 07:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

can someone explain this cally equal length shaft thing on a corsa for me????

although i dont seem to experience a lot of tourque steer due simply to lots of wheelspin, every little helps
Rileysport

20th Sep 05 at 07:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by muppetsport
can someone explain this cally equal length shaft thing on a corsa for me????

although i dont seem to experience a lot of tourque steer due simply to lots of wheelspin, every little helps

the cally shafts for drivers side is split in two, so you can use two short conversion shafts, this gives equal length shafts therefore reducing torque steer
Nic Barnes

20th Sep 05 at 08:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i know about the shafts, have about 5 in the garage, just dont see how the 2 shorter shafts are used, guessing the cally split one, you can remove the actual shaft bit with that random cv type thing, if ya know what i mean.

sod it, i will stick to 1litre 12v shafts with inner cv's held on with super glue. seem to work fine with 240ish bhp so far.....
BAZ 1256

20th Sep 05 at 21:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right the cv joints that have come off have 22 splines that go through the hub, would i be right in thinking these would be the standard corsa cv and hub?
or are cavvy ones same 22 splines?
checked an astra gte cv joint and they were more than 22.
James R

20th Sep 05 at 21:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Muppet, the equal length refers to the angled section, as the difference in CV angles causes a difference in the torque delivered to the wheels.

You just bolt the cally shaft on the block behind the oil pump and put the hub on and tighten as per normal. Then cause the angled sections are equal the torque is matched to them and no troque steer.

I did it to a friend TB'd corsa earlier in the summer and it went from need to grip on under accel to stop it diving across the road to hands free blatting. I can send you some pics if you want to see how it fits.

James
Nic Barnes

21st Sep 05 at 16:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

j1400

please send me pics indeed, muppetsport@hotmail.co.uk

New Poll