corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Some more 2.0ltr 16v into corsa questions

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Some more 2.0ltr 16v into corsa questions
d0gz_bollox

User status: Offline
13th Mar 03 at 16:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gonna have a crack at my mates and just need to know the answer to a few things (and anything else you may think off).

*I assume the engine fits into the engine bay pretty easy, lift corsa up, push engine under, drop corsa down, lift engine up.

*Do you need to bash the drivers side wing away to make clearence for the alternator like with the nova conversion?

*Front engine mount bracket got to be lowered 40mm, and use astra mount. Front gearbox mount leave as is, Rear mount leave as is but add a 10mm spacer between rear mount and gearbox

*Zorst system can be joined up with manifold using flexi pipe easy enough.

* I assume I need new springs, what poundage springs will I need, how much and where from? Can I keep standard shocks?

*What do I do about driveshafts, on my 2ltr nova I just use nova driveshafts but I understand you cant do this with the corsa. Can you buy hub n shafts to fit or do you need to get stuff machined? again where and how much?

*Will the SFi box fit in the engine or will I have to bend the firewall back or is this not possible because of room. Not to keen on £100 for a pipe thing.

*Corsa fuel pumps are inside the tank arnt they. Its a 1.2 corsa, I assume i'll need to use the 2.0ltr fuel pump which are external pumps, will this go inside the tank? will I need to replace the tank? Are the fuel lines a sufficient size?

*I'll have to loose the antiroll bar yes. The tie bars will still fit on though yes? Will I need to cut of the lug on the bottom of the gearbox.

*Are there any major problems when plumbing up the coolant system, I assume all hoses have a home and nothing needs majorly extended/shortened

*corsa clutch cable, astra accelerator calbe yes?

*Will the engine sit under the bonnet without fouling it or will I have to cut the support of the bonnet away?

*Is the 1.2 radiator okay for this, I know the nova 1.6 rads are okay but I dont know whether the corsa ones are this size or not. What rad do you use?

*Can you keep the powersteering with the conversion. Or does the pump have to come off. If the pump can stay on do I need to mod anything to get it to work with the current power steering (assuming it has power steering, I am unsure at moment). If I remove the powersteering do i need to modify the crank pulley by removing (lathe) the powersteering pulley bit or will this fit without fouling the corsa leg?

Will the gear linkage match up to the astra F20 gearbox okay? Do I just have to flip the white thing around on the selector or will I have to cut, extend n weld the linkage?

Cant think of anything else at the moment.

nova conversions are easy just never done a corsa before and its got to be done in a weekend since he needs it so dont want to have to put it on hold whilst I look for bits I should of got before.

anything else you can think off?

[Edited on 13-03-2003 by d0gz_bollox]
BeArDy

13th Mar 03 at 16:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have u2u'ed u
with my number aswell
rod38

13th Mar 03 at 20:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

are all the answers to dogz q's top
seceret or sumfin
5xi

13th Mar 03 at 20:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

does a 2.0 fir onto a corsa C??
Mav 3000

13th Mar 03 at 22:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Post 'em up the people need to know!
Pete

13th Mar 03 at 23:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by d0gz_bollox
Gonna have a crack at my mates and just need to know the answer to a few things (and anything else you may think off).

*I assume the engine fits into the engine bay pretty easy, lift corsa up, push engine under, drop corsa down, lift engine up.

Pretty much yeah.

*Do you need to bash the drivers side wing away to make clearence for the alternator like with the nova conversion?

No, the only mods are slight and to the bulkhead.

*Front engine mount bracket got to be lowered 40mm, and use astra mount. Front gearbox mount leave as is, Rear mount leave as is but add a 10mm spacer between rear mount and gearbox

Yes but if the engine doesn't sit right it can cause problems.

*Zorst system can be joined up with manifold using flexi pipe easy enough.

Chopping and welding the manifolds is usually sufficient.

* I assume I need new springs, what poundage springs will I need, how much and where from? Can I keep standard shocks?

Standard shocks would be madness. 160 is the mininum poundage. Coilovers offer a better solution, depends on budget.

*What do I do about driveshafts, on my 2ltr nova I just use nova driveshafts but I understand you cant do this with the corsa. Can you buy hub n shafts to fit or do you need to get stuff machined? again where and how much?

Getting a one off set machined wouldn't be cost effective. M-Tech have hundreds of sets made at a time to keep costs down.

*Will the SFi box fit in the engine or will I have to bend the firewall back or is this not possible because of room. Not to keen on £100 for a pipe thing.

No, it'd be a mare to get in and you'd have to trash the engine bay! £100 or so for a Powercap is good value, Courtenay charge £150.

*Corsa fuel pumps are inside the tank arnt they. Its a 1.2 corsa, I assume i'll need to use the 2.0ltr fuel pump which are external pumps, will this go inside the tank? will I need to replace the tank? Are the fuel lines a sufficient size?

Get the fuel pump from a MPi Corsa and it'll be fine. Fuel lines are fine.

*I'll have to loose the antiroll bar yes. The tie bars will still fit on though yes? Will I need to cut of the lug on the bottom of the gearbox.

Get some spacers to retain the anti roll bar. No box mods should be needed.

*Are there any major problems when plumbing up the coolant system, I assume all hoses have a home and nothing needs majorly extended/shortened

Yup.

*corsa clutch cable, astra accelerator calbe yes?

Yes.

*Will the engine sit under the bonnet without fouling it or will I have to cut the support of the bonnet away?

It'll be fine.

*Is the 1.2 radiator okay for this, I know the nova 1.6 rads are okay but I dont know whether the corsa ones are this size or not. What rad do you use?

It'll be ok, get a larger one if need be. Fan will need cutting to clear manifold.

*Can you keep the powersteering with the conversion. Or does the pump have to come off. If the pump can stay on do I need to mod anything to get it to work with the current power steering (assuming it has power steering, I am unsure at moment). If I remove the powersteering do i need to modify the crank pulley by removing (lathe) the powersteering pulley bit or will this fit without fouling the corsa leg?

Retaining the power steering can be done with the right bracket.

Will the gear linkage match up to the astra F20 gearbox okay? Do I just have to flip the white thing around on the selector or will I have to cut, extend n weld the linkage?

Cut, extend and weld. You might need a Nova, ie metal linkage.

Cant think of anything else at the moment.

nova conversions are easy just never done a corsa before and its got to be done in a weekend since he needs it so dont want to have to put it on hold whilst I look for bits I should of got before.

Corsa isn't any harder, just a bit different.

anything else you can think off?

Nope that just about covers it.

Colin.S

14th Mar 03 at 00:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

*anything else you can think off?

Dont forget about the two front brake pipes you need to make up.
Scott M

14th Mar 03 at 09:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What about with EPS, don't need pump then do you?
d0gz_bollox

14th Mar 03 at 12:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers pete.

Whats this two front brake pipes that need making up?
luca2020

14th Mar 03 at 14:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

5xi - it would physicaly fit, but it wont work

all the mounts, size of engine/engine bay, gearbox ect ect just wont work, wrong size

ur better off waiting for a miracle that some1 will stuff their corsa c GSi to get their 1.6 Turbo engine from it next year lol
Pete

14th Mar 03 at 15:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aaah you say that, but PVD do a kit to fit the 2.0 16v in a Corsa C
dannycorsa c

14th Mar 03 at 16:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how much for the kit pete?
d0gz_bollox

14th Mar 03 at 16:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

www.pvdnet.co.uk
d0gz_bollox

14th Mar 03 at 16:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

gotta admit though, ive searched everywhere for a set of driveshafts for the 20xe into the corsa and everyone uses pvd. I couldnt believe that PVD have the monopoly on driveshafts but perhaps they do.
d0gz_bollox

14th Mar 03 at 16:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im gonna report them to the monopolies commision, and get them to order pvd to lower the prices 200%
Mav 3000

14th Mar 03 at 16:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

@ DB

These questions may be valuable in the FAQ section
stuyw

14th Mar 03 at 16:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dogs - MANN do driveshafts as well, but these are tapered and not as good - 125 quid a side

d0gz_bollox

14th Mar 03 at 16:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You got a number for MANN since I tried looking for them when I did my nova conversion but couldnt find there number. do you know if the MANN ones work with bigblock innerCV's and corsa outercv
stuyw

14th Mar 03 at 17:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not on me m8 - they are not advertised anywhere, just word of mouth i think. ive got the number at home

ainsley_brader

14th Mar 03 at 23:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

trans auto sport also do driveshafts for 2,0 conversions
Colin.S

14th Mar 03 at 23:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
cheers pete.

Whats this two front brake pipes that need making up?

You have to re-route the 2 pipes that run from the master cylinder down to a small spliter box thing.
The reason for this is because the 2 pipes run along the bulkhead right where you cut the hole for the power cap to fit.
ainsley_brader

14th Mar 03 at 23:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do you have to cut the bulkhead for the powercap then?

Ainsley
Colin.S

14th Mar 03 at 23:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well not the bulkhead, its the thin bit of metal where the bottom of the scuttle panel fits to.
The hole is a little bit bigger than the size of a cd.
Pete

15th Mar 03 at 01:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
gotta admit though, ive searched everywhere for a set of driveshafts for the 20xe into the corsa and everyone uses pvd. I couldnt believe that PVD have the monopoly on driveshafts but perhaps they do.

I'd like to think that PVD did have the monopoly The M Tech shafts we supply not only have a lifetime warranty, but being motorsport shafts with new hubs, they are very strong and a lot more reliable than tapered shafts.

When my 2.0 conversion was carried out a few years ago, before PVD sold conversion parts, I used tapered shafts, which lasted 2 months. To be then told tough shit when they broke I wasn't best pleased!
wainey

15th Mar 03 at 18:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so basically your saying that the shafts wont go giving a lifetime warranty? or if they do youll replace them at no cost? sweet!

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll