corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » mk1 astra 1.8 8v Turbo into Corsa B, HELP?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author mk1 astra 1.8 8v Turbo into Corsa B, HELP?
quiksilver106

User status: Offline
8th Aug 03 at 12:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just want to know if it will fit and what is needed? ie. driveshafts, mounts, wiring it in, etc. i have been informed that it is a 1.8 8v that has been converted

i have got the cash burning a hole in my pocket and want to do this conversion more than a 2.0 16v but if not guess i will have to settle for it.

i need to know how different the wiring of the engine will be and if it has been done before.

which mounts would i have to change and which to use, ie . would i use a 1.8 8v mk1 astra mount or what? also driveshafts would the pvd ones for corsa b fit? or if not get standard mk1 1.8 8v astra driveshafts and get them shortened???? as a temporary measure?

Any Help would be much appreciated, need to know soon as there is one going which i want to buy.

Cheers
Cybermonkey

8th Aug 03 at 12:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

surely putting this question up on MIGweb is enough??? The folks on there will know more than on here. At a guess you should use Astra GTE driveshafts. why dont you just plump for the 2.0 Turbo engine? reliability will be very poor on this 1.8T engine.
quiksilver106

8th Aug 03 at 12:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i know just wanted as much info as possible

cheers anyway

New Poll