corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Some more 2.0ltr 16v into corsa questions

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Some more 2.0ltr 16v into corsa questions
Lisa

User status: Offline
15th Mar 03 at 20:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my tapered shafts have lasted nearly 4 years ,just snapped one so they are not that bad.
Fad

16th Mar 03 at 10:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well the PVD shafts may seem expensive to start with then u got to realise standard shafts from vaux are much more expensive and astra hubs are about 135 a side from vaux!! PVD do £79 a side for motorsport hubs which take corsa bearings seems a steal And for peace of mind u got a life time waranty...Think about it guys
Pete

16th Mar 03 at 11:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by wainey
so basically your saying that the shafts wont go giving a lifetime warranty? or if they do youll replace them at no cost? sweet!

No if the shafts break, we exchange it free of charge.
Pete

16th Mar 03 at 11:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by vauxgirl
my tapered shafts have lasted nearly 4 years ,just snapped one so they are not that bad.

I know some people have few probs, Lisa - 4 years isn't bad going. We do sell a lot of shafts to people that have had snapped tapered shafts for much less than 4 years, who wish to upgrade. At the end of the day the M Tech motorsport shaft kit isn't much more money than a pair of MAN shafts which I believe don't come with any warranty whatsoever.
Kieran McMutrie

16th Mar 03 at 14:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine are non-tapered and from Mann Tranmission. His number is 01677 424034 by the way. He also does machined hubs for £100 for two (plus a tenner P&P) Although if your name's Beardy you have to pay more
kro

16th Mar 03 at 17:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yep also got my shafts form martin a year and half ago... no probs..
d0gz_bollox

17th Mar 03 at 13:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How much do they charge at MANN and do you have to supply shafts. What sort of turnaround.
fearless

17th Mar 03 at 18:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A cheap conversion for 2 ltr nova/corsa driveshafts using original outer cv joints but f16/f18/f20 gearbox is to use mk 2 cavalier 1600 inner cv joints which fit onto standard driveshafts inner spline - not sure how lond they will last - but available from a scrap yard at about a tenner a cavalier shaft - what do u expect !!!
stuyw

17th Mar 03 at 18:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dogz - ur looking at next day delivery of u send cash

BeArDy

17th Mar 03 at 21:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ye cheers Kieran McMutrie your T**T

just remeber your alarm code up down left right ABC

could do with a nice set of TB
BeArDy

17th Mar 03 at 21:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i know corsarus do shafts where u dont need to chage hubs of bareings, so saves loads of messing about
Kieran McMutrie

17th Mar 03 at 21:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BeArDy
i know corsarus do shafts where u dont need to chage hubs of bareings, so saves loads of messing about

Interesting. Know anyone whos used them though Beardy? Wonder how long they'd last.

Just wonders outside to change alarm code.... Actually feck it, you'd still mess it up anyway

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll