corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Corsa C gear linkage?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa C gear linkage?
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

User status: Offline
   30th Jan 05 at 14:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hullo,

Seems on my corsa c (02 plate) the gear stick feels very loose while in gear and seem to have trouble getting into gears one and two, no crunching but just needs bit more force to pop it in.

anyone had problems like this? any idea what it is?

may be me being paranoid but if it is something wrong would like to get it sorted before it gets worse!

Cheers,

result: Rang up Vauxhall and told them that I think its the gear linkage, they are going to carry it out under warranty because its within the 3 years and udner 60,000 miles

[Edited on 31-01-2005 by willay]
Martin

30th Jan 05 at 15:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

red_sxi had the problem when he drove his dads corsa..

all i can remeber is it had to go to a garage, u2u him, he knows wat was pete tong. he may have told me, but ididnt really take note
Red_SXi

30th Jan 05 at 16:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeh gear linkage is a common problem on the C's. My dads driving school car has gone through a few. Things you'll notice is that it never wants to go into first when you're stopping at a junction, or traffic lights etc and second gear requires alot of force to go in.

Is your car still under warranty? It is something they cover under warranty and will replace the gear linkage, but if you was paying for the job to be done i'd see if it can be adjusted first.
willay
Premium Member

30th Jan 05 at 23:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well I've owned the car for two years so far so i'm on the last year of the extended warranty, might aswell ring up and check!

if I rang and described the fault would it defo be the gear linkage?
--Dave--
Banned

31st Jan 05 at 11:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

take it down to vauxhall mate and get them to have a look, tell them you're not happy and they'll sort you out.
willay
Premium Member

31st Jan 05 at 13:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

will do.
willay
Premium Member

17th Feb 05 at 07:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Getting it fixed this Saturday I hope, now I'm having extreme trouble getting into 1st/Reverse
willay
Premium Member

19th Feb 05 at 10:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got it sorted, for free.

All the rattling and crap like that has stopped, well happy
kev_corsa

19th Feb 05 at 15:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have this problem, but only occasionally, not sure its a problem or not though???
mattsxi

19th Feb 05 at 19:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had this same problem with my C SXI on a 52 plate. Had no 1st gear or reverse so had fun pulling away in 2nd from junctions.
Doug

19th Feb 05 at 22:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep had the exact same thing on mine!

just got it back from vaux few weeks back with brand new linkage for free under warrenty

New Poll