corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Car does not start without using the throttle

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Car does not start without using the throttle
seanreay1986

User status: Offline
16th Nov 04 at 23:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my car does not start unless i put my foot on the throttle. This only happens when the engine is cold. i have changed the spark plugs and there is no difference. Please help?
Greasemonkey

16th Nov 04 at 23:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Coolant temperaqture sensor might be playing up, its to the left of the thermostate, try changing this they are about £12 what engine ya got
seanreay1986

16th Nov 04 at 23:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it is a 1 litre ecotec engine. does this sensor look at bit like a spark plug?
Greasemonkey

16th Nov 04 at 23:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nope but its connected to that wiring harness, usually has a blue plug going to it and an earth coming off that goes to the spark plug looking thing, lol, this sensor detects the temp of coolant if its faulty it thinks the engine is either hot or cold when it aint so wont be sticking enough fuel in or too much, i would deffo try here, first chekc the strength of the sparks, could also be a damp HT lead could change these if suspect
seanreay1986

17th Nov 04 at 00:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks mate, i will try that in the morning. ps a mechanic told me the same thing this morning.

New Poll