corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Throttle Cable on Corsa Sport - HELP!!!!!!!!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Throttle Cable on Corsa Sport - HELP!!!!!!!!
clio_williams

User status: Offline
30th Oct 03 at 00:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi ya new here

Am here because of my Girlfriends Corsa.

She has had it about a year N reg 1.4 16V Sport.

Anyway the accelrator is extrmely stuff. When pulling off unless you rev it really high. It stutters quite bad. Also seems like you have to nearly push your foot through the Floor to achieve full throttle.

Would this be the cable and is there anything else I should check. My Williams Feels like a Feather in comparison

Cheers guys
miles

30th Oct 03 at 08:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In the engine bay open and close the throttle body, using the part the throttle cable connects to. If that moves freely but the pedal doesn't then it would suggest the cable is the cause. Also get someone to push the pedal in the car and watch the throttle body to make sure full throttle is achieved, and see when.
clio_williams

30th Oct 03 at 11:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

OK Thanks. Will try that later 2nite when she finishes work. Anything else to try
Greasemonkey

30th Oct 03 at 11:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the throttle cable is adjustable too, you remove the clip infront of the rubber bush and slipe it back on in the position that works the throttle best, its real obvious when ya look at it, but on a 1.4 16v sport the throttle cable is hidden away where the adjuster is. The adjuster is at the throttle body and is a nightmare to get too,
miles

30th Oct 03 at 11:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh yeah, i was used to the simplicity of the mantzel powerbox.
Greasemonkey

30th Oct 03 at 12:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got a mantzel power box, man it's so easy to change the TPS, Idle control valve throttle cable etc, its was just a pain before!!!!! now its all displayed nicely on top of the engine instead of hiden between the stater motor and upper inlet manifold!!!!

New Poll