corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Please help - urgent!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Please help - urgent!
alyash

User status: Offline
29th Dec 03 at 17:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It always happen when you are far away from home... ok, let me go to the point.

When I start the engine, the revs are a bit high, but as far as I know this is normal in cold weather. After a minute or less, the revs should drop to normal - and they did till today. I was driving through the city when I noticed that when I stop (at the traffic light), the revs don't drop as they should. There is the same feeling as when I start the engine in a cold morning. And also when driving in second gear, the car goes on constantly (about 20 km/h) even without adding the gas.
Another thing is that it is difficult to start the engine... when I turn the key, it keeps "starting", but it doesn't start. And then, when I release the key - the engine starts! But I have to keep "starting" it for 2 or 3 seconds; if I release the key after a second or less (like I do normally), the engine wouldn't start.
There is no engine management light or low battery light.

I had the air flow meter replaced three months ago, so It shouldn't be that.

It is Cosra B 1.0 12V.

Does anyone have any idea what could it be and what can I check before I start calling around to find an Opel garage (Yep, I'm on vacation far away from home).

I will appreciate any help.

Thanks.

[Edited on 29-12-2003 by alyash]
Kris TD

29th Dec 03 at 17:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

idle control valve?
TOMAS

29th Dec 03 at 17:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A sticky Idle Air Control valve perhaps? Try some WD40 to clean it up?
M4tt

29th Dec 03 at 18:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds normal to me, mine pulls along in second and third with no throttle.

it could be due to the fact that its colder so idle stays higher for longer. seems to start like normal too. my old 1.0 would take a 1-2 to start too.
PaulW

29th Dec 03 at 18:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

stickle throttle cable??

not really advised, but when your parked in your drive, rev the engine a few times & see if the revs drop, if they don't, put your foot UNDER the accelerator cable & pull it towards you gently, see if the revs drop

happened to me a while ago, just a case of some WD40 on the throttle & acccelerator cable thingies on engine (had a few here so thingies is all i can think of)

New Poll