corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » CORSA B ENGINE TROUBLE!!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author CORSA B ENGINE TROUBLE!!
RAD_SRI

User status: Offline
31st Aug 04 at 11:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

GOT SOLD I KNACKERED CAR AND SPENT OVER £1000 GETTING THE ENGINE MINT.. HAD EVERYTHING DONE.. WELL ALMOST!! BUT THE TAPPITS ARE STILL NOISY... THERE'S ONLY ONE THING LEFT I THINK WOULD MAKE A DIFFERCE AND THAT IS NEW OIL PUMP AND SET OF SHELLS.. I THINK THE NEW TAPPITS ARE STILL NOISY DUE TO LACK OF OIL PRESSURE SO THE TAPPITS ARE GETTING STARVED.. ANYONE AGREE OR HAVE THE SAME TROUBLE??
luca2020

31st Aug 04 at 18:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tappits? do u mean the hydrolic lifters?
sfxer

31st Aug 04 at 19:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think your way off the mark
corsa_jim

31st Aug 04 at 20:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

could be a warn cam shaft mate if its a taf more than likly to be top end cam. followers. lifters if its a knock deper noise its bottom end big ends mains but what eva you do when you do that change the oil pump

Jim
RAD_SRI

1st Sep 04 at 06:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

HADF ALL THAT DONE.. I THINK IT CAN ONLY BE THE OIL PUMP NOW... MUST BE TO DO WITH PRESSURE..
Greasemonkey

1st Sep 04 at 07:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if the engine has done a few miles the lifter will be tired, buy a new set for about £120 engine will sound sweet, the bottom ends gotta be very messed up to cause top end noise, the piston has to slap the head, it happens my engine did it when the bottom end went.
Little tip get a big piece of wood and put one end on the top of the engine one end to your ear, by moving it about you can pick up exactly where the noise is coming from and even what lifter is causing the noise, even try doing it round the sump to listen for horrid thumping noises
Greasemonkey

1st Sep 04 at 07:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

another way to check the pump is to whip the cam cover off and turn the engine, oil should spray out the 2 oil ways at the top of the engine and spray up about 12inches, its messy but ya know ya got pressure top end
Jgrant1285

1st Sep 04 at 09:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

take off capslock for a start....
Siberia

1st Sep 04 at 09:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Greasemonkey
if the engine has done a few miles the lifter will be tired, buy a new set for about £120 engine will sound sweet, the bottom ends gotta be very messed up to cause top end noise, the piston has to slap the head, it happens my engine did it when the bottom end went.
Little tip get a big piece of wood and put one end on the top of the engine one end to your ear, by moving it about you can pick up exactly where the noise is coming from and even what lifter is causing the noise, even try doing it round the sump to listen for horrid thumping noises

this would look very funny
craig_s

12th Mar 06 at 11:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

try cleaning the pick up pipe in the sump the mesh gets cloged up with shit n stop oil getting 2 the top
BeArDy

12th Mar 06 at 11:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is your oil to thin?
so its draining out of the tappets to fast....

New Poll