corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Corsa - no power when cold

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa - no power when cold
johncotton

User status: Offline
11th May 03 at 14:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My daughter has a 1200 16v 'X' reg Corsa Club whic has no power when she first sets off from cold. When she puts her foot on the accelerator the car hesitates and takes a long time to rev up. Once the car is warm this is not a problem, although the engine management light is coming on when the car is put under pressure at high speeds. The garage have said that the light came on because of a problem with the Lambda sensor, however, I have now been told that it could be someting earlier in the chain that is causing the sensor to trigger i.e. the air mass flow meter
Anybody had any similar problems?

John
Adam_lee

11th May 03 at 14:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sometimes my sxi hesitates when I pull away cold. It aint flooded or out cos i let it idle for a min whilst i spark up a fag. Ive hear'd of a load of people with this trouble with the 1.2 16v engine. must be some inherant fault. I wonder if the new 1.2 16v engine in the corsa c suffers the same thing?
MikeH

11th May 03 at 14:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My T reg 1.2 16v corsa club also does this.

If i am sitting at traffic lights in the outside lane and floor it in first gear it will often pull to begin with and then loose all power momentarilly.

This happened when i first bought the car second hand 2 months ago before i even fitted my K&N induction kit so it isn't that causing any flat spots.

I'd love to figure out a way to minimise this!!!
Trotty

11th May 03 at 14:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not particularly helpful I guess, but my Corsa C 1.2 16v doesn't suffer from this problem.

I'd be tempted to try changing the air flow meter, just to see if that solves the problem?
Mikorsa16v

11th May 03 at 15:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont drive my 1.2 16v hard when cold, i havnt found this prob yet
MikeH

11th May 03 at 15:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine did it once after about 5 miles at 60mph, stopped at the lights and what do you know... it did it again. It must have been fairly warm by then
Cybermonkey

11th May 03 at 21:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My old 1.2 use to have this problem of accelerating away hard and then power dieing. I suspected there was a problem in the injection system, try getting the fuel injectors cleaned professionally and getting the fuel filter changed.
Adam_lee

11th May 03 at 21:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its almost as if it floods itself? I recon its just a badly mapped ecu.

New Poll