corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Rolling road results with graphs

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Rolling road results with graphs
luca2020

User status: Offline
8th Nov 03 at 18:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

aritchie - defo get a performance centre section exhaust, infact u may as well get a new cat back system, it will make a difference

also neither of you has done any head work, u can easily get 15 odd bhp and good tourqe gains out of a decent head, try blyndstine engineering, theire the dons for vaux head work
Skinner

8th Nov 03 at 18:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what difference does it make if u bloke off ur egr and how do u do it if its worth doing ???
ffls

8th Nov 03 at 20:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Blocking the EGR hose that coñnects to the inlet manifold allows you to improve combustion, because the EGR send Exhausts gases to the inlet +-4% of Exhaust gases. You increase the % of Oxigen in the inlet charge (less dilution)
In very hot climates and when you are pushing your engine to the limits +7000 rpm, the EGR increases the engine temperature by some 2 or 3 Deg, so you get a cooler engine.
Just use a plug to tap the hose where the EGR hose connects to the inlet manifold.
With new uprated manifolds you should increase the fuel pressure a nd get a chip to increase the injector pulse width because if you put more air into the engine you need to feed more petrol or the engine will run lean (good to destroy a valve or piston!!!)
Just use a vice to increase the pressure of the spring
For more instructions please read Modern Engine Tuning form Graham Bell, a true engine bible, instead of MaxPower
broster
Premium Member

9th Nov 03 at 12:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by luca2020
aritchie - defo get a performance centre section exhaust, infact u may as well get a new cat back system, it will make a difference

also neither of you has done any head work, u can easily get 15 odd bhp and good tourqe gains out of a decent head, try blyndstine engineering, theire the dons for vaux head work

yeah my dad keeps tellin me to get head work done by him, think i may do, he advertises in total vaux and is ment to be the daddy for vaux. gunna call him up on monday i think
Ant

9th Nov 03 at 19:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa120

id get ur's looked at aritchie try a cripton tune that tells whether the air/fuel is correct and it checks all sensors etc cost 40 quid in daventry

Anybody had there car looked at with crypton tuner? will i fuck the super chip? will a superchip dealer need to do it?

Also as an update i had a smal leak of Fuel/air betwen the throtle body and inlet so dont think that was helpin.
Ant

9th Nov 03 at 19:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ffls
Just use a vice to increase the pressure of the spring

Really??? hjave you done this?
luca2020

10th Nov 03 at 00:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by broster
quote:
Originally posted by luca2020

yeah my dad keeps tellin me to get head work done by him, think i may do, he advertises in total vaux and is ment to be the daddy for vaux. gunna call him up on monday i think

ur dad is a wise man
miles

10th Nov 03 at 08:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont know how the lexmaul inlet manifold can be easier to fit than the mantzel, as the mantzel is so simple! Makes most other jobs on the engine much easier as well.

You wont get 15bhp from headwork on these engines at this sort of spec, more like 6-7....
vibrio
Banned

10th Nov 03 at 10:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by aritchie
quote:
Originally posted by corsa120

id get ur's looked at aritchie try a cripton tune that tells whether the air/fuel is correct and it checks all sensors etc cost 40 quid in daventry

Anybody had there car looked at with crypton tuner? will i fuck the super chip? will a superchip dealer need to do it?

Also as an update i had a smal leak of Fuel/air betwen the throtle body and inlet so dont think that was helpin.

crpton will do fuck all for your car under load. the only way to make your graph better is by mapping e.g UNICHIP
ffls

10th Nov 03 at 19:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used an hammer to compress the spring of the fuel pressure regulator
IT worked
James R

28th Nov 03 at 14:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You'd be suprised at garages and timing of cambelts ask Miles!!
If superchips mapped the chip for you I'd tak eit back and get it redone now it's sorted.
broster
Premium Member

28th Nov 03 at 14:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah, aritchie is truin to see if it can be fixed cheap, but not sure if it is poss due to the extent and type of damage there is, so he may try and source a 1.6 to pop in! any way hope its soretd soon aritchie!
Ant

28th Nov 03 at 21:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good news the boys at velos have sorted it, the crank was ok! cahnged the woodruf key and fitted a unichip got another 10 bhp also!
broster
Premium Member

28th Nov 03 at 21:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when u get the graph mate post it up, i wanna see! looks like u have over taken me now so i need to do more modding! de-cat pipe and 4 branch nect for me! then head work! lol
Ant

29th Nov 03 at 15:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

velos are biulding a 1.4 with 1.6 cams soon im waiting to see the results of this before my next move!
Ant

29th Nov 03 at 17:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right dont know if you want to hear this broster but velos rr read 5 BHP less than jamsport, thats before they had touched it, they said that as with most RR the figures were probably slightly optamistic. Im not saying this is true and you only have 105 ish but thats what the bloke seemed to think. But he said with my wheels it was a bit unsteady on the rollers so did not go beyond 6200 RPM and the 100 BHP was at 5800 RPM. where as at jamsport it was reved to 6800

[Edited on 29-11-2003 by aritchie]
broster
Premium Member

30th Nov 03 at 16:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont forget aritchie that to get that 105bhp on ur car they took the viper out and had cold air goin directly down it at jamsport?! takin my car to northants motorsport soon to get before and afetre runs on a de-cat and 4 branch! need more power, i wanna no what the 1.6 cams do in the 1.4! pass on the results when u get them!
corsa120

30th Nov 03 at 17:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hiya geeza i just a quick power run with my 1.6 16v on thursday at shaw and uptons rr my 1.6 16v with 4branch, powerflow cat back, bfo cone, and ecotek valve my car should be 114bhp standard i got 111bhp as my timin g was out 2 degrees they adjusted it with the mods above i got 116bhp so if i send the graph mark u could post it up 4 us

my lexmaul inlet is all polished and opened up ready to fit now so happy
then its unichip time
broster
Premium Member

30th Nov 03 at 17:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah mate, e-mail it to m.broster@ntlworld.com
Ant

30th Nov 03 at 20:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The cold air feed was removed for this reason mark, i thik its more that i only hit 6200 RPM. and 5800 on the 100BHP run

I cant believe how well it goes now had an indicated 120 on the spedo today so thats got to be nearly 125 when you take int account the 17" wheels. it got 102BHP at jamsport with the viper as it was. Next move is 1.6 camms and maybee full velos induction if i can sell the lexmaul. then some optimax fuel and back to the rollers!. I reckon i will get 125 BHP

Also orderin a new exhaust so hope to see at least 3BHP with that.

[Edited on 30-11-2003 by aritchie]

[Edited on 30-11-2003 by aritchie]
broster
Premium Member

1st Dec 03 at 10:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what exhaust you going for mate? sellin the lexmaul! already! lol! its nice when it all works tho aint it mate, i love mine still, suprises a few cars considerin its only a 1.4!! i wanna no what these 1.6 cams do so keep me updated!
Ant

1st Dec 03 at 10:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

only sellin lexmaul cos i might have new job so can afford to go TB! or a full plenum, going for a janspeed to match the 4-2-1. stonengginger seems to have had awesome results with this exhaust to!
miles

1st Dec 03 at 11:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got some 1.6 16v c16xe cams for sale

If anyone wants to buy them?

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll