corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » which exaust manifold?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author which exaust manifold?
broster
Premium Member

User status: Offline
10th Dec 03 at 14:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hello, iv got a 1.4 16v sport and want to buy a new exaust manifold, which one do you people think is the best? lexmaul, jamspeed, or the shiney supersprint one, done a few mods to my engine and have a scorpion cat back grp a exhaust, also is it worth getting a de-cat? an traders wanna do me a deal? u2u me!
CRB 553

10th Dec 03 at 16:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

de-cat
broster
Premium Member

10th Dec 03 at 16:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

all sorted now big thanx to carnoisseurcraig for sorting out a top price on supersprint exhaust and de-cat
corsa120

10th Dec 03 at 16:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

go for the janspeed one broster they are wicked made a massive difference in response and few bhp's too also ive just fitted a decat and my whole exhaust is now straight through loud lol and that helped with response too i got a magnex decat
broster
Premium Member

10th Dec 03 at 16:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got a supersprint one on the way from italy now mate, they look good and seem to have good responces, also got a piper de-cat on the way in a few days! shud make engine kick out a few more gee-gees! all helps, shud get al lthe rattels knocks and bangs sorted out first! haha! did u have the janspeed fitted when we had that "race"
Gambit

10th Dec 03 at 16:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is the superspring s/steel?

if so you'd need to be wary

i know that superspring manifolds in mk2 golfs are prone to cracking unless you run uprated engine mounts to stop excess movement

this dont happen with mild steel manifolds like janspeed etc
broster
Premium Member

10th Dec 03 at 16:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well i see how it goes, if it cracks i send it back, surely its got a warrentee for this kinda stuff, they cost enuff!
broster
Premium Member

10th Dec 03 at 17:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this will be mine soon!
corsa120

10th Dec 03 at 18:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no mate my corsa just had powerflow cat back and bfo cone on then when we had that race, ive since had janspeed 4 branch with egr plug removed that goes in the manifold

and had the lexmaul manifold all polished an opened up the holes to make 25% more airflow through each chamber, fitting my lexmaul over christmas god ive had that thing for ages an not fitted it lol just bin too busy

have you got air con coz when my 4 branch was fitted they had to remove the air con gas bottle that cost 45 quid to refill took em 2 hours to fit it.

also what lad said above ive heard that stainless manifolds are prone to cracking and shearing stainless in very brittle and fragile when i spoke to a tuner he said mild steel would be better when i told him what i was getting but could be bullshitting lol but why would he??????

also broster a place in daventry will polished an port your head skim it and refit for 175 quid
Greasemonkey

10th Dec 03 at 18:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I am in the same boat matey had my Lexmaul a couple of weeks but had all the trouble with me car and aint had a chance to fit it along with me ARP rod bolts, mine has been chromed and when hot apparently filckers blues and purples LOL
R Lee

10th Dec 03 at 18:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by broster
this will be mine soon!

oooooooooo shiny
broster
Premium Member

10th Dec 03 at 18:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whats the number corsa120? i want this doin and at that price u cant complain! can throw my cams in too while they do it! no i have not got air con, so thats no problem! isnt the lexmaul one stainless? has any1 got a stainless manifold that has split?
broster
Premium Member

10th Dec 03 at 18:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by GoldPenguin

oooooooooo shiny

that was the deciding factor lol! nah they seem to give good power gains too!
Greasemonkey

10th Dec 03 at 18:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You tart you just like it cos its shiny LOL i did look at it myself but the price tag put me off
ie its the most expensive manifold for a corsa i have seen by a long way
broster
Premium Member

10th Dec 03 at 18:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

after reading the supersprint website, seems that they are very well made, read urself here http://www.supersprint.com/homeuk.htm
broster
Premium Member

10th Dec 03 at 18:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Greasemonkey
i did look at it myself but the price tag put me off
ie its the most expensive manifold for a corsa i have seen by a long way

haha, yeah but its also the shinest one! also it has the best gains, and reading there web site they are very well made, well see when i get it, aritchie has same engine mods as me so will see what gains i get over him, he has the janspeed.
Greasemonkey

10th Dec 03 at 18:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well I got the Lexmaul when me cars back out the body shop and purring like a kitten i will get me arse up to one of the northampton meets and we will have to compare, Supersprint V janspeed V Lexmaul in a race hehe
broster
Premium Member

10th Dec 03 at 18:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

haha, yeah but ur also a 1.6 im only a 1.4! and u got a better inlet than my lexmaul, but il lstill give u a race, on private roads of course! like the private road me and corsa120 used last time!!
broster
Premium Member

10th Dec 03 at 18:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this is the graph for a 1.6 16v corsa, can u make any sence of it!
Greasemonkey

10th Dec 03 at 18:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No not really never had me car on the rolling road, its something i must do so never had these graphs explained
broster
Premium Member

10th Dec 03 at 18:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

iv had mine on the rr'd but the graph was simplier that the one above, never mind wil lfind out when mines on the rolling road soon as the manifold is fitted! be 3weeks from italy tho, only prob!
Greasemonkey

10th Dec 03 at 18:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

At a guess it looks like its comparing something, the KW is the power, in europe they measure car power in KW instead of BHP and its showing the KW at a speed in maybe kilometers an hour not sure just a guess
Dave Helium

10th Dec 03 at 18:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i just got a janspeed one fitted 2 mine last week! i think its made a difference but will find out on sunday on the rolling road! i waited 5 weeks for my manifold!!!
broster
Premium Member

10th Dec 03 at 20:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

5 weeks, did u get it from halfords? 3 weeks is long enuff for me!
Dave Helium

10th Dec 03 at 23:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no for cheakpoint in aberdeen! there was a hold up in orders in janspeed they even phoned me and told me what was happening!

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll