corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Rolling Roads

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Rolling Roads
paddy.corsa

User status: Offline
27th Jan 04 at 18:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When you take your car to get it rolling roaded do the people actuallt tune your engine up, or do they just inform you on how it is running etc...
How much do these normally cost?
Cheers
broster
Premium Member

27th Jan 04 at 18:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they can do both, for about £40ish max u get a power run, basically theyll tell u what power your car is and if its under power they may tell you whats wrong with it, then if u want it set up it costs extra, about £400 to have a uni chip fitted and set up. they cant really tune a corsa with standard management, all they can do is play with cold air feeds etc.....
A_Venables

27th Jan 04 at 18:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How much do u gain with a unichip and can it get rid of dips in torque curves?
broster
Premium Member

27th Jan 04 at 18:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah it can get rid of all flat spots mate, gains usually 5-9bhp i think but it gives gains all thru the rev range which makes the car more dirvable
A_Venables

27th Jan 04 at 18:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Probably do that when I have some money then, can u recommend anyone who does it? Hopefully I'll get rid of the dip between 3,500rpm and 4,500rpm! Would a superchip do the same?
broster
Premium Member

27th Jan 04 at 18:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

velos do it mate, £400
broster
Premium Member

27th Jan 04 at 18:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

super chip does take flat spots out but it aint as good as a uni chip, i saw gains of 5bhp with mine peak and a few flat spots.

blue line is after super chip and the other is before chip, on a 1.4 16v. not bad!

[Edited on 27-01-2004 by broster]
A_Venables

27th Jan 04 at 19:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The main problem I have is the !HUGE! flat spot right in the middle of the rev range apart from that the car will toast most things! Where is Velos, heard of them, in your opinion whats best? I think the unichip works out about £100 more, I take it the chip will make more use of the induction kit and backbox I have already? at the mo the lil 1.4 8v is kicking out 91.1 bhp and 89Ib/ft, at 2,700rpm!!!
broster
Premium Member

27th Jan 04 at 19:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah unichip is better as its mapped for your car o gain the best, where as the supership is a standard map! so its not for your specific car. id got uni chip if i was gunna buy one again! try www.velosmotorsport.co.uk
A_Venables

27th Jan 04 at 19:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How much does it tend to hike the insurance premium up by?
broster
Premium Member

27th Jan 04 at 19:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

go with liver pool victoria they dont increas premium for a chip. usually about 6% i think maybe 10%
A_Venables

27th Jan 04 at 19:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hmm, just been on the Velos website and I think I'll sort one when I have enough money, looks interesting at least!, thanx for the advice!
broster
Premium Member

27th Jan 04 at 19:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no problem
miles

27th Jan 04 at 20:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You cant tune a engine with standard fixed management.
Greasemonkey

27th Jan 04 at 23:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just out of interest what cars have you toasted with 91.1BHP, i love tuning my engine and there are still allot of cars out there that would make mince meat out of me, with the next few mods sorted i will have over 150BHP
blackula

28th Jan 04 at 15:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

91.1 bhp ?

Rolling roads are not particularly accurate let alone to the point of adding decimal places !

Is that flywheel power or wheels ?

Flywheel figures are misleading, still manufacturers use them, cos they look good, AND the only way to accurately mesaure a flywheel figure is on a bench dyno, i.e the engine is not in the car.

Wheels figures show you stuff like what happens when you put bigger wheels on and all the 'flywheel' magic horsepower dissapears.

A_Venables

28th Jan 04 at 22:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

With the torque being so low down its extremely quick up untill about 40-50mph after that it looses out, the figures were done at Northampton motorsport and were at the flywheel with 20% taken in to account for transmission loss, the car will keep up with Fester 1.6 Zetec-s's and generally car around 10 secs, which for a car with a 0-60 of 11.5 I think isnt bad! But its suprising how many cars 0-60 are above 10 secs
I had a race with a 1.4 16v with same mods after meeting at a criuse and left him standing up untill 70mph, after that I got stuck in traffic and he caught me up after that there was nothing in it! The mods are only a K&N induction kit and a Magnex back box.
broster
Premium Member

28th Jan 04 at 22:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

northampton motorsport is a very good accurate rolling road aswell
A_Venables

28th Jan 04 at 22:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats what ppl at the VxlSCC say too!
broster
Premium Member

28th Jan 04 at 22:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah im off there for a northants meet with vxlscc in feb u going?
A_Venables

28th Jan 04 at 22:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Doubt it, I've been twice now, figures about the same with in 2bhp/ 2Ibft both times, the second was after I had changed the head gasket, when the VxlSCC went for the Z20LET session for Total Vauxhall, gave slightly better figures but not much, I'm in the Leicester regionthe meet is on Sunday if you or/and some of the Northampton region want to make the trek?
broster
Premium Member

28th Jan 04 at 22:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cant make it this sunday, but will make the treck another day! u commin tothe corsasport meet for northants, check the region forum
A_Venables

28th Jan 04 at 22:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not sure if I'll be able to make that as the Corsa has been in for repair for a while and still has work to be done, theyve taken 3 weeks to put a standard bonnet, bumper and headlight and sort accident damage that a ford Fester does when it pulls out in front of you! When is the VxlSCC rr on?

New Poll