corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » FAO all performance inlet manifold peeps

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author FAO all performance inlet manifold peeps
burt16v

User status: Offline
29th Jan 04 at 10:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive heard recently the the main reasion the corsa sport engines give their charcteristic grumble (like a subaru) when an induction kit is fitted,
is because of the restrictions and 6-7ft extra piping etc on the standard inlet manifold.
So if this is replaced by say DBilas or a Mantzel do they sound different?
Or still have the same rumble out of them.

Cheers every1

Burt

[Edited on 29-01-2004 by burt16v]
broster
Premium Member

29th Jan 04 at 10:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine still rumbles like this matey. iv got the lexmaul one tho
Greasemonkey

29th Jan 04 at 11:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got a Mantzel power box and to be honest the induction roar is still loud but come to think of it it had lost that scooby sound boo hoo
burt16v

29th Jan 04 at 11:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah shit that aint good!! i love the rip out of a sport/gsi.... does it still sound powerful though??
Greasemonkey

29th Jan 04 at 11:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine sounds well nice, ya wouldnt wanna risk fucking with it, it sounds a bit special
burt16v

29th Jan 04 at 11:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hehe mate id like to hear it any videos or anything on this site i can download?
So u reckon it will still sounds the dogs B's anyway!!

Burt
Greasemonkey

29th Jan 04 at 12:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cars in the body shop, aint got no video of it, wouldnt know how to upload it anyway lol, if ya want some proper good noise get TB's, there the way to go, the noise has nothin to do with the power box, its probably just my filter and exhaust
DangerousDave16v

29th Jan 04 at 12:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah burt, i think i you change the inlet or even a straight thru exhaust ,you will loose the characteristic rumble/ roar. i wanted a mantzel box for mine but didnt wanna loose the sound. a cat back exhaust will make it even louder tho.
burt16v

29th Jan 04 at 12:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im just gonna go for a magnex to start with and take the cat out, then eventually i'll put a 4branch on and a new inlet manifold, i know its gives more bhp but it be a shame to loose that scooby sound that comes with just the induction kit/drilled airbox.
Daimo B

29th Jan 04 at 12:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Only one that will retain the standard noise is the Lemxaul manifold.

Still can't see why its any good, it keeps the standard 1.5 metres worth of air travel. True, gains midrange power, good for every day use, but if you want more, u need to raise those revs.

I miss the sound of my old 1.4 16v, but the fun of the bigger engine covers that
burt16v

29th Jan 04 at 12:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well then mateys i might fcuk the inlet manifold then and put a set of cams in instead and rasie the revs a bit.
Ive a few reasons for doing thid though.
i live in Belfast so i cant really have acess to any of the good vauxhall tuning comp's as thyre all across the water.
its pretty dear for a new inlet aswell
£400 at leastor more for ??? bhp
Broster did u find the lexmaul a good job mate? i take it Mantzela nd DBilas remove the extra piping
Daimo B what u reckon of the velos? i think it reatins the restrictive piping but claims 20bhp.
Sorry to pester u lads but am a fussy Ba**ard and u know how it is if its gotta be done its gotta be done right!!

Cheers lads
Burt

Greasemonkey

29th Jan 04 at 12:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah manzel and dbilas do remove the extra piping, if ya gonna tune these engines there is no point in doing it till ya dump the standard inlet trac cos this sets you up for all the mods in the future, i am only starting to think of cams now, my engine as far as i see is as good as its gonna get untilll i dump the mantzel for throttle bodies, the mantzel is £595
broster
Premium Member

29th Jan 04 at 13:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah regardless of what people like daimo say it is good, it works totally differenlty to the velo/manzel item, it works by ramming the air in keeping the existing route basically, gave me good gains, ok ill admit the velos/manzel will give more power but its all at peak revs and i didnt want a car that i had to rev to get all the power from.
Greasemonkey

29th Jan 04 at 13:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

LOL tell me about it matey, its all 5000rpm and upwards to about 7250rpm
broster
Premium Member

29th Jan 04 at 13:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mines give more power low down, but as urs does, mine gives a kick at 5000rpm and pulsl to limiter which i was suprised about to be honest. love it!
Greasemonkey

29th Jan 04 at 13:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we gotta stop meeting like this mark people will start talking
lol
burt16v

29th Jan 04 at 13:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i see what u mean broster i didnt realise it was actually a ram kit. This sounds to me like a good compromise, i think it gives about 15bhp? and i get to keep the class sound aswell, low down torque would be nice too as im not into high revs either hate havin to work the engines hard to get movin otherwisw id just buy a vtec!!
is the lexmaul easier to fit aswell man?

Burt

broster
Premium Member

29th Jan 04 at 13:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah mate, fit it urself in 1hours tops. fitted 2 now, well fitted mine a few times to clean biyts etc. only bit that is tricky is doing a clip up on the throttle body, but just get some needle nose plies and ull be fine! gave be about 15bhp yeah well worth it. lol, yeah grease monkey, its looking a bit sus lol!

[Edited on 29-01-2004 by broster]
burt16v

29th Jan 04 at 13:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

broster mate u mean chip or clip?? U had me worried now not really into chips and fkn with electrics.....i havnt a clue!!
thanks for replying to my Q's its a great help.

Burt
broster
Premium Member

29th Jan 04 at 13:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol, sorry i mean clip, edited it now!
burt16v

29th Jan 04 at 13:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cool!! dont mind clips.......
ffls

29th Jan 04 at 13:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Inlet Manifold is the best way to increase power in these engines (except fot TB's)
My 1,4 16 gave +25bhp with Mantzel Superchip+increase fuel pressure
I just love to rev it till 7300 rpm and overtaking GOL TDI's with 140 bhp
Beautiful
But my target now is 200 bhp from a 1.6 XE (upgraded from 1,4 XE) and overtake all Vtec's
burt16v

29th Jan 04 at 14:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

200BHP!!! matey u'll easily smoke any vtec. Even a 140-150bhp 1600 would sit with a CTR i reckon. As my RS2000 can sit with one to 110(1 car of difference)and then he can pull a few cars to about 120 then we eased off? so if you at my car at 150bhp and a 150bhp corsa the power to weight is alot lower.
DangerousDave16v

29th Jan 04 at 14:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so whats the retail price of a lexmaul inlet? . i was unaware that they allowed you to keep the sound that the OE inlet gives you., surely its gotta be less pronounced of different in some way. if it actually does keep the sound, i may be purchasing a late christmas present!

ps burt i bought loads of parts mail order, when i lived in n.i, plus i live in eng now and there no difference.
ffls

29th Jan 04 at 14:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and loosing some weight in the meantime (no spare wheel, SS exhaust and manifold), race seats ann battery moved to the boot.

Light weight alloy wheels, and it shoul be enough for the VTI's
But 200 bhp form the 1.6 XE costs a fortune

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll