corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » FAO all performance inlet manifold peeps

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author FAO all performance inlet manifold peeps
broster
Premium Member

User status: Offline
29th Jan 04 at 15:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the retail price is a few £££ look here
http://www.pvdnet.co.uk/lexmaul/raminduction.asp £429.
burt16v

29th Jan 04 at 15:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ffls a vti aint that quick honestly if its a 1.6vti ur talkin about thyre all noise and feel much quicker than they are. My mate has a civic vti with full DC sports ind kit, modded throttle body, a s/s 4 branch and full blitz exhaust and decat. It r/r'd at 165bhp and i swear we were neck in neck to 120, and his was a well tuned one.
ffls

29th Jan 04 at 16:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ITR's can pump 215 bhp from their engine at 9000 rpm
CTR are slow for a 200 bhp, because they are heavy:lol
burt16v

29th Jan 04 at 16:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ITR's..... now ur talkin, they are the daddy of vtecs but yeah CTR's are heavy. and a 200 bhp corsa would have no probs with either..lol
Daimo B

29th Jan 04 at 18:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by broster
yeah regardless of what people like daimo say it is good, it works totally differenlty to the velo/manzel item, it works by ramming the air in keeping the existing route basically, gave me good gains, ok ill admit the velos/manzel will give more power but its all at peak revs and i didnt want a car that i had to rev to get all the power from.

Oi, cheeky git Im not saying its bad, its the better mod for day to day driving as power is as you say kept int eh midrange and gives good toque. I also agree the other items do give better power, but i also understand that u need to rag the tits off of the engines to get it, but i like that, as long as the other mods have been done to suit it.

Dont get me wrong, the Lexmaul item is ok, but i prefer the Mantzel box (Oh i do think they look ugly in red though)
ffls

29th Jan 04 at 18:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You should have saw mine...it's yellow

Herr Mantzel became crazy
broster
Premium Member

29th Jan 04 at 18:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Daimo B
[

Oi, cheeky git Im not saying its bad, its the better mod for day to day driving as power is as you say kept int eh midrange and gives good toque. I also agree the other items do give better power, but i also understand that u need to rag the tits off of the engines to get it, but i like that, as long as the other mods have been done to suit it.

Dont get me wrong, the Lexmaul item is ok, but i prefer the Mantzel box (Oh i do think they look ugly in red though)

yeah i get what ur saying, end of the day they are two totally different manifolds, so they are gunna give power in different ways, if i was using my car as a track car id go for the manzel item, of tb's! lol!
Daimo B

29th Jan 04 at 18:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by burt16v
Daimo B what u reckon of the velos? i think it reatins the restrictive piping but claims 20bhp.
Sorry to pester u lads but am a fussy Ba**ard and u know how it is if its gotta be done its gotta be done right!!

Cams will only increase marginal power without other mods.

I PERSONNALLY love the mantzel box (if u have a C16XE they work much better). X16XE seems to respond around the same to both the Velos box and Dbalis kits (but dont buy them, there from Regal and they are tossers!!).

I've seen Velos box equiped corsas on 16"s with the same power as corsas with mantzel boxes , but Velos seeming to do mid 16" 1/4. OJC done a 16.1 in a standard X16 (piperx filter)!! But i have also seen Mantzel box doing high 15"s.

Depends what u want. Simply

Mantzel box, great on C16, pretty good on X16, need to rag the tits off it to get the power, hence better valve springs and a good headgasket advised!!!! Looks the best in Silver Mantzel engine cover neeed

Velos, not to sure about these, think they need to be revved to get the best power, but im not to clued up on them. Ed Renshaw is the man to email. Ugly ugly

Lexmaul, best for day to day use, mid range power, would only suit mild cams. Not as much peak power as others, but ugly

[Edited on 29-01-2004 by Daimo B]
broster
Premium Member

29th Jan 04 at 18:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hardly that ugly???!
Daimo B

29th Jan 04 at 18:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It don't looks so bad in yours, your cars red

Uknow, some nice Red SFS hoses or piperX hoses (new out, check advert in Redline this month), carbon fibre engien cover, few shiny bits here and there, that could look well cool
broster
Premium Member

29th Jan 04 at 18:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

carbon engine cover is too expencive, so im making my old one fit with some fiberglass. red hoses would be nice, but how much??? by the way think my cars more pink than red! lol
broster
Premium Member

29th Jan 04 at 18:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh yeah, what did donna have on her exhaust manifold? some kinda coating???
miles

29th Jan 04 at 18:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by broster
yeah regardless of what people like daimo say it is good, it works totally differenlty to the velo/manzel item, it works by ramming the air in keeping the existing route basically, gave me good gains, ok ill admit the velos/manzel will give more power but its all at peak revs and i didnt want a car that i had to rev to get all the power from.

I dont know where it comes from that you gain no mid range power from the mantzel. You deffinatly get loads of mid range power and torque from it.

Didn't you get the biggest gain high up and say you needed a raised rev limit?

I wouldn't bother putting different cams in an engine with standard management.
broster
Premium Member

29th Jan 04 at 18:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my graph shows the power rising all the way to the limit yeah, its just from what im told that the lexmaul gives more mid range and torque than the manzel, never seen a graph for one!
miles

29th Jan 04 at 18:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It would look good with the rocker cover the same colour as the lexmaul.

The idea I dont like about the lexmaul is that it doesn't make the engine any easier to work on. The mantzel does, but loosing a fair bit of pipework and bringing the throttle body up.
ffls

29th Jan 04 at 18:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But Miles

With Mantzel chip for a 270º they say you could gain 20 bhp on standard ECU not bad at all
Of course tb's are much better but the noise is to much (I'm getting old
Mantzel quotes 175 bhp for a full tuned X.16XE
miles

29th Jan 04 at 18:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have you got a pic of your graph?

It sounds like the lexmaul performs in the same way as the mantzel, but with lesser peak results.
ffls

29th Jan 04 at 18:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And what about your engine Miles?
Use Cometic headgaskets instead of Autovaux ones
miles

29th Jan 04 at 18:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

20bhp my ring piece!

You cant even fit verniers with standard management.
broster
Premium Member

29th Jan 04 at 18:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats mine mate
miles

29th Jan 04 at 18:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its now back to a GM gasket and working much better. I would fit a better gasket but they lower compression which im not at all keen on, that and I couldn't wait a few days for one...
ffls

29th Jan 04 at 18:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But cometic gaskets came in different heights don't they?
miles

29th Jan 04 at 18:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That is a very nice graph, a nice smooth line up to the top...

I think the mantzel one will have more of a powerband to it, I'll dig my old one out.
miles

29th Jan 04 at 18:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont know, I looked into Spesso ones, which are 0.4mm thicker iirc.
broster
Premium Member

29th Jan 04 at 18:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah it drives so well, the superchip took a dip out of it aswell!

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll