corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Velos Torque Tube (Rolling road results)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Velos Torque Tube (Rolling road results)
bert1400

User status: Offline
7th Jan 04 at 19:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had my car rolling roaded after fitting a Velos Torque tube, Power boost valve, Cold air pipe to air box, PVD panel filter and Janspeed stainless back box. It's a 1.4 16v. Standard is about 90 bhp at the flywheel or roughly 70bhp at the wheels.
It has got 104bhp at the wheels now which is a 34 bhp increase.
I'm well impresed with the Velos kit considering it's only £285.
Very good power at high revs I have noticed. Who else has one of these or similar and what do you guys think of these kits?
essexracer

7th Jan 04 at 19:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cool

how much bhp at the fly did u get? and how much torque u get?

iv got a very similar set up to u, but with a superchip aswell (i know ppl h8 them lol) but it has raised the rev limit, and my engine luvs to be reved! (u av to rev it to get the power out of it! lol)

but yes id agree it has good power high up in the revs, u can feel mine pull well 4000 rpm to about 6800rpm

oh and mines a x14xe too. mine should be goin on sum rollers soon

james
miles

7th Jan 04 at 19:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats a great figure. Did you get a before and after? Or ever have it rolling roaded before it was fitted?

Your along the right lines, with a panel filter and sealed feed.
bert1400

7th Jan 04 at 19:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The power was only given at the wheels, but its about 20% more at the fly than at the wheels. Same with mine pulls from 4000 and right up to rev limit.
bert1400

7th Jan 04 at 19:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I only got a figure after it was fitted but I can tell you when i gave it to Rally tec to be rolling roaded it had a drilled box which was sucking in hot air. The guy removed the pipe from inside the box and put a temporary cold air pipe to the air box and it gave it another 8 BHP. He was amazed at the difference and so was I. All in all It got 16 bhp more that day by the guy adjusting the Powerboost valve and sorting the air box.
essexracer

7th Jan 04 at 19:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u had urs fitted at rally tec in chelmsford? so did i i think the guys name was mike or sumic, cant remember, but tbh i didnt find him a nice guy and i wont be dealing with him again! lol lets leave it at that!

how much did he charge u to fit the torque tube out of interest?

james
bert1400

7th Jan 04 at 19:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I fitted it myself but he set up the Powerboost valve which i also fitted and sorted the airbox. I was happy with the guy cos I got 16 bhp more than before. He spent about 3 hours rolling roading it at about £60 an hour. He did 3 runs to get the best out of it. Sorry to hear you didn't like him, why was that?
essexracer

7th Jan 04 at 19:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by bert1400
He spent about 3 hours rolling roading it at about £60 an hour. He did 3 runs to get the best out of it. Sorry to hear you didn't like him, why was that?

so it cost u 180 pounds to set up?

long story about me not gettin on with him, dont really wanna go into it, but basically he lied about how long he spent workin on the car to get more money in labour!

james
bert1400

7th Jan 04 at 20:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes. But it had to be done. My car wasn't responding untill I got it set up properly. I can do the Mechanics and electronics myself but i had to pay the experts to set it up. I put the engine in at home too (used to be a 60bhp, 8 valve) but we haven't got a rolling road so I had to pay out to get it set up. Never mind!!
miles

7th Jan 04 at 20:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You'll find those 8bhp look good on the rolling road but on the real road it wont make as much difference? I assume they used fans in front of the car? But they dont give as much air as driving at 40-50mph +.......

£180 for a cold airfeed and fuel pressure set up? jeeze, he must be well slow!
bert1400

7th Jan 04 at 20:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well that was for 3 runs on the rolling road, each one an improvement. And your right there is more air when doing 40/50MPH than the fans make and as the pipe is behind the front grill this is even better on the real road. This helps force air into the engine when travelling at that speed. I know what you mean though, does sound alot of cash.
miles

7th Jan 04 at 21:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I meant the under bonnet temperatures would be lower in real life. You can gain a lot of power on a rolling road just by opening the bonnet. Rolling roads are only really usefull if you have a before and after.....Good for an idea though.

New Poll