corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Dieting ( Update Bottom Page 2 )

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Dieting ( Update Bottom Page 2 )
iceman

User status: Offline
28th Jun 04 at 12:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I Need to loose a few pounds actually lots of pounds lol just joined a gym going for the 1st time tonight..

Anyone got any advise for heathy eating and exercise?

[Edited on 29-06-2004 by iceman]
nik

28th Jun 04 at 12:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

try slimming world, I know people who've lost loads of weight on that cut out beer and sugary foods too coupled with gym 3-4 times a week (min of 500 calories burnt each session) and you should get there
iceman

28th Jun 04 at 12:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

was thinking of going monday wed fri and maybe 1 weekend day for likr 1hr each time
Siberia

28th Jun 04 at 12:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well if ya want a quick fix I.E loose weight quickly then atkin's for 2 weeks is your man.

not as easy to do as it's made out to be but it does work!

otherwise just watch wot u eat and exercise exercise exercise.

also dunno whether u drink of not but remember 10 pints is over 3000 calories. ad a kebab and chips to that and yer talking 4000 calories so just watch that.

P.S doing CV work in a gym can be quite boring. buy yerself a bike and get out cycling. i lost 4 stone from watching what i eat and cycling everyday.
i do use the gym for wieghts now though but nothing crazy.

[Edited on 28-06-2004 by Siberia]
Adam-CorsaC18s

28th Jun 04 at 12:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

www.labrada.com

check the shit out of that site my friend.

If you're serious about losing the weight, stick to the 12week training program and you'll be melting away in no time my friend!!

iceman

28th Jun 04 at 12:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers guys..

anyone know abt healthy eating wot u should and shouldnt eat?
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

28th Jun 04 at 12:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nik
try slimming world, I know people who've lost loads of weight on that cut out beer and sugary foods too coupled with gym 3-4 times a week (min of 500 calories burnt each session) and you should get there

word, heard of alot of people loosing loads when sticking to slimming world
Siberia

28th Jun 04 at 12:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by iceman
cheers guys..

anyone know abt healthy eating wot u should and shouldnt eat?

all i'll say is dont go buying stuff cos it says "fat free" on it. look at the amount of calories it has. and try and add the amoutn of calories yer eating against what yer burning.
Andrew

28th Jun 04 at 12:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you eat loads then just cut down on what your are eating. Also cut out loads of burgers etc. Do more walking -- i.e. walk to the local shop instead of using your car and as you say, go the gym a few times a week.

iceman

28th Jun 04 at 12:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont eat loads maybe 2 times a day max.. dont drink only on occasion but im well lazy hense joining the gym but i do drink alot of lucozade which i know is bad for me
Andrew

28th Jun 04 at 12:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cut of the lucozade, it's full of sugar; not only is it bad for you weight but also your teeth.

Andrew

28th Jun 04 at 12:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You may have a pro somewhere else if you don't eat loads.
Adam-CorsaC18s

28th Jun 04 at 12:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Brown foods, such as brown rice, brown bread, brown pasta, etc are full of complex carbohydrates, as opposed to simple carbohydrates, these are burnt up much slower than simple carbs and therefore provide the body with a longer sustinence of energy, making it so you dont get the peaks and troughs you might face at the minute through the day.

I started eating MORE food than I ever have and carried on going to the gym as often as I did, and I lost the weight, because Im eating more of the right things, and none of the bad.

Couple the rice bread and pasta with sources that are rich in protein and then some veg / salad and you have a great meal for health and losing weight and also putting on muscle.

Protein is the builder of muscles, repairing them after workouts at the gym (you're actually ripping your muscles beyond their capacity at the gym, which is why you may find it will ache / sting the next day)

The salads and veggies are fibrous carbohydrates that are full of minerals and make you feel full.

If you need any more help buddy send me a u2u and ill be glad to sort you out.

Adam
vibrio
Banned

28th Jun 04 at 12:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by iceman
I Need to loose a few pounds actually lots of pounds lol just joined a gym going for the 1st time tonight..

Anyone got any advise for heathy eating and exercise?

stop eating crap. sugar means you don;t burn off fat. stop eating fatty foods and cakes. drink lots of water. have a proper diet. burn more calories than you take in.
vibrio
Banned

28th Jun 04 at 12:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Siberia
well if ya want a quick fix I.E loose weight quickly then atkin's for 2 weeks is your man.

not as easy to do as it's made out to be but it does work!

otherwise just watch wot u eat and exercise exercise exercise.

also dunno whether u drink of not but remember 10 pints is over 3000 calories. ad a kebab and chips to that and yer talking 4000 calories so just watch that.

P.S doing CV work in a gym can be quite boring. buy yerself a bike and get out cycling. i lost 4 stone from watching what i eat and cycling everyday.
i do use the gym for wieghts now though but nothing crazy.

[Edited on 28-06-2004 by Siberia]

STFU with atkins. thats a stupid diet to be on
Adam-CorsaC18s

28th Jun 04 at 12:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Drink loads of cold water throughout the day, drinking cold water increases your metabolism. Something about the extra energy your body has to use to warm up the cold water to 'digest' it properly burns of calories.

There are various 'herbal' remedies out there to help you, but these should be a last resort... (They're called Thermogenics if you wanted to know - legal, but I found they dint work TOO good. They worked, but nothing works better than a top healthy diet and exercise)
Adam-CorsaC18s

28th Jun 04 at 12:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You shouldnt deplete your body of Carbohydrates, it starts eating away at your bones and muscles when it has no readily available energy to burn...
vibrio
Banned

28th Jun 04 at 12:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Adam-CorsaC18s
You shouldnt deplete your body of Carbohydrates, it starts eating away at your bones and muscles when it has no readily available energy to burn...

no carbs means the body uses fat. carbs inhibit the pathway that metabolises fat.
Adam-CorsaC18s

28th Jun 04 at 13:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

true - but the next fastest source of energy available to burn is muscle, hence you start cuttin around 25% muscle and bout 60-70% fat.
Tom

28th Jun 04 at 13:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I drink too much and have put on loads ot weight i'm about 1 stone over my ideal weight.

I like drinking tho Mibee I should start drinking that new miller low carbs beer anyone got a link to that atkins thing might see if I can do it
vibrio
Banned

28th Jun 04 at 13:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
true - but the next fastest source of energy available to burn is muscle, hence you start cuttin around 25% muscle and bout 60-70% fat.

muscle is a cell not a metabolite. carbs-fat-protein is the order in which things get metablised
vibrio
Banned

28th Jun 04 at 13:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
I drink too much and have put on loads ot weight i'm about 1 stone over my ideal weight.

I like drinking tho Mibee I should start drinking that new miller low carbs beer anyone got a link to that atkins thing might see if I can do it

beer not that bad you know
Adam-CorsaC18s

28th Jun 04 at 13:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by vibrio
quote:

muscle is a cell not a metabolite. carbs-fat-protein is the order in which things get metablised

My bad.

But read that in numerous places.
vibrio
Banned

28th Jun 04 at 13:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by vibrio
quote:

My bad.

But read that in numerous places.

no worries. muscle wastes away because of it but thats due to protein metablosim
Siberia

28th Jun 04 at 13:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as i said atkins is a quick fix to loosing weight. its not entirely healthy although i wouldnt believe most of the crap you hear about it in the news.

there are 2 stages of the diet 1. induction were you get rid of the carbs in your system(2-3days) and go into whats called katosis(were your body uses your fat for energy). yer suposed to say on the induction diet for 2 weeks.
part 2 is were u reintroduce good carbs and very small amounts of normal carb back into yer diet.

anyways for a quick fix try it for 2 weeks the induction part and extercise at the same time. ya could loose 2 stone in 2weeks doing this.

wouldnt recomend it any more than 2weeks.(nor would i think anyone would be able to stick to it for 2weeks) its alot harder than what it seems.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Dieting ( Update Bottom Page 2 ) 22 database queries in 0.1968632 seconds