corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Drivability with blown headgasket

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Drivability with blown headgasket
Luke1.4

User status: Offline
2nd May 04 at 18:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My headgasket has gone on my car. And its off the road while im saving 4 engine conversion will i be able to drive it 2nite 4 16mile approx without it breaking down if i keep water topped up? not arsed about engine damage because its going anyway jus dont wanna break down
PaulW

2nd May 04 at 19:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Depends where the gasget has gone & how bad...

I was in Bradford a few year back when mine went for the first time, went between coolant gallery & cyl no.4... was 'able' to drive it back to where I live the next day (70-odd miles), but had to stop at every service station & re-fill the coolant completely... By time I got home, the gasget had then gone between 3&4 cyl aswell

2nd time it went in the same place again, but when I stopped for a while the cyl flooded with water & then wouldn't start, had to remove the plug & turn over the engine to get the water out (was like a lil gun shooting water!) and then it 'eventually' started after a while...

3rd time it went was just between cyl 3&4, car was driveable, but under heavy-acceleration it coughed & banged like a bitch!

TBH if your going 16-miles, I wouldnt risk it unless you have breakdown cover, but keep a 5ltr bottle of water in the car if you do risk it & don't go above 4k revs...
Luke1.4

2nd May 04 at 19:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers 4 very helpful reply

New Poll