corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » EVERYONES HELP NEEDED PLEASE!!!!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author EVERYONES HELP NEEDED PLEASE!!!!
wilsie

User status: Offline
8th Oct 03 at 16:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my friend has got a corsa 1.0 12v S reg she took it to the local garage because the car was reving voluntary up an down on its own the man in the garage said that the head gasket was blown so she got it done (skimmed the head).... BUT when she got the car back the revs where going down to 200 rpm and then back up to 800rpm all the time, She took the car back to the garage a few days later. the man in the garage had to take it up to Vauxhall garage he said"reset" every thing on the computer (ECU) i think! ...

Now he came back from vauxhall and said one of the valves are gone just wondering if this has anything to do with the blown headgasket???? and if anyone knows if this is a big job to to and how expensive this could be ?? sorry ive written so much!!!!!!! All help will be much apreicated

thanks wilsie
GAVINO BAMBINO

8th Oct 03 at 18:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had the same problem and it was my temperature sensor matey. Dont know they could be right but if i was you id personaly take it to a vauxhall garage like blakes and get them t link it up to their computer. You dont want some cowboy mechanic takin you for a ride. Gav
wilsie

8th Oct 03 at 18:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the cowboy mechanic said he took it to vauxhall garage and hooked it up to the computer and "VAUXHALL"( so he thinks ) said that there is a blownn valve yeah could be the temperture sensor doh cheers gav
Gary GSi

8th Oct 03 at 20:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Idle control valve has probably fucked up. Probably not anything to do with head gasket. I am a mechanic and i have never heard of poor tick over to be related to head gasket problem.
wilsie

8th Oct 03 at 21:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anyone know how much this idle control valve is to replace cheers wilsie
M4tt

8th Oct 03 at 21:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

could try cleaning it, probably is a breathing problem as opposed to a fucked vavle.....

New Poll