corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Dodgy starter! Can someone help!!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Dodgy starter! Can someone help!!
mark6821

User status: Offline
9th Mar 04 at 09:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I bought a w reg 1.6 sport about 3 months ago its only done 25000 miles for some reason its always been a bit dodgy on first fire up once its started its perfect and once its warmed up its startes straight away ive had it serviced with new plugs and everything but it still hasn't gone away. Also if its cold it judders abit when its started up then settles down after about a minute, the rev counter goes up and down from bout 500 to 1500. Ive been told to get the airflow sensor cleaned but im not sure how to do this or if it has anything to do with it.
Adam-D

User status: Offline
9th Mar 04 at 09:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes could be 3 things that are common on 16v engines
icv=idle control valve
airflow meter
egr=exhaust gass recirc valve

my guess is yes the airflow meter needs cleaning u2u born upsideout
he did his about a weeks ago and it fixed his car

hope this helps

New Poll