corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » This is really P*****NG me off!!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author This is really P*****NG me off!!
Corsa_4eva
Banned

User status: Offline
13th Feb 04 at 18:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had a toad ai606 alarm fitted in my car 2 days ago, after it was fitted i was driving around in my car for about 10 miles and i could smell something coming from the engine, my car engine stopped so i opened my engine and the starter motor had burnt out.

i got it repaired yesterday and the mechanic put in a second hand starter motor which was bought from the scrap yard. i drove about 3 miles in it today and my engine started smoking again and guess what, my starter motor has burnt out again.

could this be anything to do with my alarm??? because the car was perfect before the alarm was installed, i never had this problem before

maybe the alarm wiring might be getting to the starter motor and burining it out.

any ideas??
M2RTY

13th Feb 04 at 18:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

starter motor IIRC is only ever used for what it says on the tin, starting the car up

once its started its not used

its a big solinoid inside, so this might be sticking and causing it to burn out, but this sounds rare and 2 in a row would be 1,00,000,000 to one chance

alarm may cut the power to the starter motor to stop car from being started up, so if that is putting some sort of power to it then it might have something to do with it, but id have thought a fuse would have gone first??
Corsa_4eva
Banned

13th Feb 04 at 18:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the car starts perfectly, the starter motor seems to burn up halfway through a journey???

and its an alarm and immoboliser so it might be something to do with the immoboliser but its really starting to p*ss me off!
MattyB

13th Feb 04 at 19:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The Toad A606 alarm has a starter inhibitor. If this has been incorrectly wired up on the starter motor, it could cause it to burn out.

Call the alarm ppl to come out and check it asap

Starter motors buring out is not a common fault. It is far to much of a co-incidence, especially seeing as u've just had the alarm installed.

Matt
Corsa_4eva
Banned

13th Feb 04 at 19:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ill do that

cheers mate!
Kris TD

13th Feb 04 at 19:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah i have that alarm, it cuts of the starter, car doesnt even do anything if you try and start it, other than sum which cut into the ignition.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » This is really P*****NG me off!! 23 database queries in 0.0120881 seconds