corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » JBL GTO SERIES FRONT COMPONENTS HELP.....

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author JBL GTO SERIES FRONT COMPONENTS HELP.....
5doormodder

User status: Offline
4th Mar 04 at 21:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hello, i got jbl gto series front components kit 165mm speakers, tweeters and crossovers.

Im wiring these upto the normal speaker wires (direct replacment for standard speaker and tweeter) I was wondering if i will need the crossover unit, as the speaker and tweeter are already sperate standard, so does that mean they have already been 'crossed over' ?

Please let us know anyone !

[Edited on 18-05-02 by 5doormodder]
M4tt

4th Mar 04 at 23:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it would be best to keep the cross over unit -

i had these speakers, what i did was use the woofer wiring and send that to the INPUT on the cross over, then send seperate speaker cables out to the woofer and tweeter.

thats the best way to do it, other wise your not taking advantage of the crossover, which is better than the stadradr crossever.
5doormodder

5th Mar 04 at 10:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks or the help, much appritiated !

but would i not be getting the full power from the headunit ? as both tweeter and crossover will now be sharing the woofers power.

is it possible to wire both the tweeter and woofer into the crossover then wire them both from that ??

[Edited on 18-05-02 by 5doormodder]
peter_1.2

5th Mar 04 at 10:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just use woofer wiring cos standard tweeter wiring comes from same source

New Poll